Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Amumu: Despair + Spell Vamp = NO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZinkZonk

10-17-2010

It might be just me, but I noticed that Amumu doesn't get any spell vamp with spell vamp items such as the hextech revolver, when he uses despair.. Why not? Despair is an ability that causes damage, right? So should it not return some of that damage in health regen?
Is this a bug?

Nizari

10-17-2010

It's to do with how the ability works/is worded... Instead of saying "amumu deals damage to player" it's just "they take damage equal to X"
So maybe they can life steal themselves?

Mattsal

10-17-2010

I think toggles doesn't process with lifesteal/spellvamp. :/

Faelaren

10-17-2010

even so amumu is much better of getting sunfires then a hextech or banshees/g.a something that actaully goes in his tank build imo anywayz

(i main amumu btw)

Fluffy1

10-17-2010

if it procs rylia's then you get spell vamp from it, however you wont see any green numbers unless its a noticeable amount, but it is still there. being AOE i doubt you will see noticeable results unless your draining alot.

cloow

Master Recruiter

10-17-2010

i laugh at the amumu that are stacking sunfire capes. so bad.. when i play with him i get 1 max and other items. Always do great

Demonskin

10-17-2010

I hate stacking sunfires it seems like such a wuss move to me especially with better items out there to get like the guardian angel.

Devownious

10-17-2010

yeah after 1 sunfire with amumu its actually more effecient to grab an abyssal scepter for dmg, and it helps your team in amazing ways.

SO many better choices for a tank, it is too bad the spell vamp doesn't work on despair tho, a little would go a long way with hp %'s

Endomarru

05-31-2011

Quote:
cloow:
i laugh at the amumu that are stacking sunfire capes. so bad.. when i play with him i get 1 max and other items. Always do great

I once saw one Amumu stacking attack speed. I was also playing Amumu at the time, and I wiped her out.

SøC N3RF5K1LLPLZ

05-31-2011

every spell that making damage in form of %life dont have spellvamp

sv only work with fix ap damage so amumu despair morde ult and kog maw (w) wont gain life with spell vamp