rediculous hacks.

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CanAPanda

Senior Member

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen is Hungry View Post
Please note that I didn't mean to come off so strongly. I understood that you weren't saying WoW was impervious to hacking, but that you had never witnessed it. I only expressed that it was very hard to believe you had never witnessed hacking in WoW. My apologies if what I said sounded offensive to you because that was not my goal.

I do agree that there is a lot more hacking going around in LoL than WoW. In my opinion this has a lot to do with LoL still being a relatively new interface compared to other games. In the last 6 months I've stopped playing WoW for other reasons, not hacking.

Thanks for the reference of Aion because I'm curious about their MMORPG gameplay.
Aion is a game that is a lot like wow, except it's a very long "grind" and becomes very boring at times, the only thing I found exciting was world pvp, and many of my friends hacked or exploited the games in many ways because it was boring. I quit because they basically killed world pvp so if you want my advice, don't play Aion, this game's much better.

Sorry that I used thread space to comment on something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ripper42o

Junior Member

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualcode View Post
There is one major problem, there are hacks and there are assumptions. Some may be hacks, some are more than likely not.

Gold-hack - I doubt this is possible, the system is too limited. Most games that have problems with duplication are caused by the numerous ways of transferring items and often also accompanied by a crash and attempted recovery. If there is a gold-hack, Riot messed up pretty badly.

Map-Hack - According to Riot they only send what is required by the client. This would mean at best you should be able to uncover only a slight amount more than what Riot allows. Perhaps changing the fog-of-war into squares stopping it from cutting at the circles. Of course, Riot would know better.

Ability-Power-Hack - I just don't see it possible.

Movement-Hack - Again, the likely hood is not good. Riot should have movement limited by the server which means any attempt to hack movement should only hurt the player using it by not giving them their true position.

Cool-down-Hack - Again, I don't see this possible. There is no reason the client should have anything remotely connected to a CD which it can alter in order to hack the CD of a spell.

Now, all of these could in theory be possible, but, if they are, Riot should be able to know very easily. In fact, a simple filter run on games would even show more-so. They could detect bad-packets, track gold vs expected gold... Etc. I find more often than not, however, players complaining about hacking are often just not understanding a part of the game.

[I AM NOT SAYING HACKS DON'T EXIST. I AM stating that hacks are abuses of open-holes. And I am assuming Riot's employees were smart enough not to leave obvious holes open in such a simple game.]
Seriously???? i play ryze, and when i play agianst him i should already know that you cant Pop Ult 10 secs of each other, For example, me and my partner at top was being ganked by ryze, he poped his ult , spell flux, it bounced around and you can obviously see the Ulti aoe effect, and me and my partner waits in bushes right after he chased us, and pops ult and does it agian... all within 10 secs ..i KNow cuz i was 2 steps from the grass when he cooldown haxed and poped ult twice .. obviously RIOT is sucking at not noticeing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoenix

Senior Member

10-19-2010

What you are saying is great Visualcode. It's exactly how the game should be viewed....
if said protection was already implemented. It's simply not yet implemented.

I've clicked on enemy models and their portrait says 380 movement speed. They're out-running me on master Yi with Boots of Swiftness, my ultimate up (+80% speed) and improved ghost on (+33% speed).

Boots 3 takes me to 420 speed, anything that takes you OVER 420 is reduced in affect by 20%.
So Yi's ultimate would work out (420 * 0.8%) * 0.75=252. 420+252 = 672 movement speed.
That's not even taking into consideration Ghost or the fact that they have ZERO temporary buffs.

It should have been litterally impossible for them to out-run me. Period. Yet it was done. Not just once or twice, but so often i'm starting to think it's one of the most commonly used hacks in the game.

I've researched hacks and how they work - i had to, i worked as the administrator/manager of a gaming orientated internet cafe. If i didn't know how they worked, i couldn't fairly ban people or take ban issues towards other admins.

A number of the hacks listed in this thread can be acheived with simple packet editting if Riot has no defence against it. That's what i'm getting at, is riot genuinly has no defence against hackers period.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Visualcode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-19-2010

Pure, the problem is things such as movement are requests by the player. You never tell the server where you are, only where you want to be. The pathing is done by the server.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coinage

Member

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualcode View Post
There is one major problem, there are hacks and there are assumptions. Some may be hacks, some are more than likely not.
...
[I AM NOT SAYING HACKS DON'T EXIST. I AM stating that hacks are abuses of open-holes. And I am assuming Riot's employees were smart enough not to leave obvious holes open in such a simple game.]
+1 this.

I'm not seeing hacks. I think what we see is HIGH LEVEL summoners getting matched against low level, this will DEFINATELY happen if you've been winning a few games in a row, with its likelyhood increasing with each victory.

Making an arranged team will also give you a disadvantage in match making.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=110054

Please stop slandering RIOT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoenix

Senior Member

10-19-2010

How stupid do you have to be Coinage? Did you miss the entirety of the 3+ points in this thread where i said "380 movement speed hacker was out-running Master Yi with his ultimate on" ?

You would have to be stupid to miss that. Especially when said 3 or more times. Either that or you're not qualified to post here to begin with because you didn't read the **** thread to begin with.

EDIT:

I came accross really harsh there. I find that during the night in the americas there are no hackers. If you happen to play during those times then i can see where your disrespect and opinionated beleif comes from.

But that's all it is. Disrespect towards me and an opinion from you.

You did acheive one thing; You've just convinced me to start FRAPS recording matches with hackers. For linking in this thread at later dates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coinage

Member

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper42o View Post
i play ryze...you cant Pop Ult 10 secs of each other,
You're wrong. You can be built for cools and AGAIN simply be a much higher lvl summoner.

You guys are complaining that there are hacks when you are simply up against a more powerful enemy.

matchmaking is built so that you can't win all the time.

ADDED: you blowing your top proves that you are easily blinded by your own anger and frustration. I'm not stupid, I'm just logical person who doesn't freak out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoenix

Senior Member

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinage View Post
You're wrong. You can be built for cools and AGAIN simply be a much higher lvl summoner.

You guys are complaining that there are hacks when you are simply up against a more powerful enemy.

matchmaking is built so that you can't win all the time.
Cooldown reduction has a 40% cap, i've tested this.
You're wrong. Fix your arrogance and wrong opinions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coinage

Member

10-19-2010

you're completely ignoring that most important thing I'm trying to make you care about so you will stop jumping to conclusions.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=110054

The summoner you are facing is much higher level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoenix

Senior Member

10-19-2010

No, you're completely ignoring what i'm saying.
The summoner being higher level means nothing.
Even completely glyphed out for movement speed, you're never going to get enough of an increase to make 380 movement speed (+2 boots) out-run Boots of Swiftness and Master Yis' ultimate.

You're trying to explain away the difference as if it was only a 10% difference in speed.
600+ units of speed is litterally close to a 150% speed increase compared to 380.
There's no competition. I should have caught the guy rediculously easily.

Instead i had to hit ghost after 2 seconds just to come even close to matching the enemies' speed and i didn't catch him. I'm talking about having a movement speed in excess of 800 units/second with improved ghost on.


123456 ... 10