rediculous hacks.

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoenix

10-17-2010

It's come to my attention that there are a number of hacks in this game and the riot team is diong nothing about them. I've reported a good number of hackers in the last few weeks and i'm not spending any money on this game until they're fixed.

#1 map hack; The player using this hack can see all parts of the map, all units and has no Fog of War at all times.

#2 gold hack; the combined worth of the items the enemy has exceeds the money they have gotten from minion kills, towers, assists and normal champion kills.

Numbers 1 and 2 can be found just by using google or youtube. Further hacks require on-the-fly packet editting or creating a small program to do it for you. Many HIGH SCHOOLS teach basic java programming these days so it's a given that this is not a hard procedure for even school aged children.

#3 ability power hack; I've suspected this a few times, i saw a player on Ryze and his Rune Prison had been hacked to do over 2.5k damage, unmodified by magic resist. My real life friend playing Garen at the time had 200 Magic Resist and it will killed him when he had 2.1k health.

#4 movement speed hack; Best example is a pantheon i've seen. Ninja tabi and no other movement speed increasing items gabe him a 433 movement speed. His actual rate of movement was much faster, about 530 units since i couldn't catch him with Improved Ghost activated and Berzerkers' greaves purchased.

I'll append this list as i remember or pick up more. For those of you at riot games, you should know;
1) nobody is going to stay in the tournament if there are as many hackers as i'm seeing here in public games
2) less people are going to pay for anything in regards to this game if they know there is no PIONT to buying Tier 4 characters...
3) Allowing hackers to continue like this means it's not worth spending any money on this game whatsoever because no matter who you buy or what items you stack, the hackers will always beat you.

Append #1
#5 Cooldown hack. The Ryze used for an example in #3 was able to cast Rune Prizon twice in 5 seconds.

Pen is Hungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

I've seen all these hacks constantly... Every single time there are multiple summoners using these sorts of hacks to their own digression and trying to keep it on the down low.

The main problem with hackers is that they will modify hacks as soon as a patch comes out or an update occurs. This way they continue to thrive because they remain practically on top of Riot and other online games. I know that Riot must be trying their best to come up with counterparts to the existing hacks, but its not possible to become 100% resilient to hacks because both parties are constantly working to counter each other.

CanAPanda

10-17-2010

Hacking will always be a part of the world we live in that is so built around technology. Yes players get banned and that is the risk they take but hacking, botting, real money trading (doesn't apply to this game) are all problems with most MMOs. The only game I've played that I never witnessed hacking was WoW, however in it's early years there was botting and hacking and to this day there still is real money trading, its just been almost completely abolished and is extreamly dangerous. I believe that all games go through this phase for about 2-3 years until they finally beginning to overcome it and LoL will be no different. So my advice is keep reporting, don't hack, don't cheat, deal with it or move on to an older game.

Pen is Hungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

Are you kidding me? I've played WoW and my boyfriend has been an active player for a good 4 year or more and there is constant hacking and bug reports going on. WoW isn't impervious to hacking. On several occasions I've had good friends witness multiple hacks as well as witnessing them myself. You obviously didn't recognize hacking in WoW.

I do say to keep reporting hackers etc.

CanAPanda

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen is Hungry View Post
Are you kidding me? I've played WoW and my boyfriend has been an active player for a good 4 year or more and there is constant hacking and bug reports going on. WoW isn't impervious to hacking. On several occasions I've had good friends witness multiple hacks as well as witnessing them myself. You obviously didn't recognize hacking in WoW.

I do say to keep reporting hackers etc.
I never said wow was impervious to hacking I was just saying that of all the games I've played its the least affected by hackers and botters. I played WoW for 6 years and I noticed less of this going on than in the six months I played a game called Aion.

CanAPanda

10-17-2010

Blizzard has done an amazing job at finding hackers and botters and 3rd party program users that the number of people has drastically decreased in all of their games compared to other games. Not only because people are constantly being banned but because people get banned so quickly that many people are afraid to do it.

Pen is Hungry

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAPanda View Post
I never said wow was impervious to hacking I was just saying that of all the games I've played its the least affected by hackers and botters. I played WoW for 6 years and I noticed less of this going on than in the six months I played a game called Aion.
Please note that I didn't mean to come off so strongly. I understood that you weren't saying WoW was impervious to hacking, but that you had never witnessed it. I only expressed that it was very hard to believe you had never witnessed hacking in WoW. My apologies if what I said sounded offensive to you because that was not my goal.

I do agree that there is a lot more hacking going around in LoL than WoW. In my opinion this has a lot to do with LoL still being a relatively new interface compared to other games. In the last 6 months I've stopped playing WoW for other reasons, not hacking.

Thanks for the reference of Aion because I'm curious about their MMORPG gameplay.

Pure Phoenix

10-18-2010

thanks for the replies guys, i was hoping since nobody posted to disagree that the mutual silence was because people were agreeing with me

I find programs can be made unhackable, firefox and azureus are two great examples however they are also open source. That means they have input from every willing participant and i doubt riot will make lol an open source project purely to enable faster catching and immunity to hacks.

What i'd like to see from riot is at least some fail-safes. If you keep certain rule sets in mind "eg if his movement speed doesn't match his items/buffs" you can set the game up to automatically ban people without the need for reporting.

It's a band-aid fix but at least it doesn't rely on people actually SPOTTING the hacks and taking the time to report. This is becoming the bigger and bigger issue because most poeple purely odn't care

Pure Phoenix

10-19-2010

bump. Can we have a staff member at least posting here to explain riots' future plans in regards to hacking?

Visualcode

10-19-2010

There is one major problem, there are hacks and there are assumptions. Some may be hacks, some are more than likely not.

Gold-hack - I doubt this is possible, the system is too limited. Most games that have problems with duplication are caused by the numerous ways of transferring items and often also accompanied by a crash and attempted recovery. If there is a gold-hack, Riot messed up pretty badly.

Map-Hack - According to Riot they only send what is required by the client. This would mean at best you should be able to uncover only a slight amount more than what Riot allows. Perhaps changing the fog-of-war into squares stopping it from cutting at the circles. Of course, Riot would know better.

Ability-Power-Hack - I just don't see it possible.

Movement-Hack - Again, the likely hood is not good. Riot should have movement limited by the server which means any attempt to hack movement should only hurt the player using it by not giving them their true position.

Cool-down-Hack - Again, I don't see this possible. There is no reason the client should have anything remotely connected to a CD which it can alter in order to hack the CD of a spell.

Now, all of these could in theory be possible, but, if they are, Riot should be able to know very easily. In fact, a simple filter run on games would even show more-so. They could detect bad-packets, track gold vs expected gold... Etc. I find more often than not, however, players complaining about hacking are often just not understanding a part of the game.

[I AM NOT SAYING HACKS DON'T EXIST. I AM stating that hacks are abuses of open-holes. And I am assuming Riot's employees were smart enough not to leave obvious holes open in such a simple game.]

12345 ... 10