How to counter Miss Fortune in the mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jgv115

10-17-2010

Firstly, this isn't an OP cry.

I like playing Annie and I normally take mid (that's fair enough) but whenever I lane against Miss Fortune she kills me most of the time (due to my frustration)

Here's what happens: I start the game and she comes close to me and uses double up. 1/4 of my health disappears. So ok, I stand on the SIDE of the minions she just auto attacks me and obviously I can't do jack cause I am a caster and casters need spells to do damage, then when i run back, double up. I'm basically dead.

Even at the tower, she just uses make it rain to hit me.

I've even tried going full out and not running away. Disintegrate (stun)-- > incinerate---> ignite. She just turns around and in a few shots I'm dead. If i'm not dead she'll just use double up.

How do I counter her, am I not doing something right? Her range is so long and double up forces you to go closer to her and when you go closer to her she can autoattack you.

WTF!?!?!?!?!?

slowpokie

10-17-2010

1) Don't stand behind minions. Stand to the side, or out of range.
2) Annie has the longest autoattack range. Take advantage of it to farm.
3) Also try to harass her back so that she can't be as aggressive, but don't fight too much and get too low.
4) A great idea is to wait for her to run out of mana. She runs out of mana very easily very fast, unless she goes manamune build which is a TERRIBLE build for MF.

That said, I tend to be dominant as MF in mid :x Rarely lose out in mid except against a better MF or mordekaiser.

jgv115

10-17-2010

Thanks for your reply slowpokie,

1) If i stand to the side she can auto attack me very easily and I will eventually have to run back
2) Annie's auto attacks do jack, she'll out damage me in every situation

Stormsoul

10-17-2010

might just have to suck it up and play defensive and farm, mf is pretty ******ed in mid. Pantheon and Kassadin kick her ass in mid though.

Ham summons ham

10-17-2010

if she goes aggro on you, run to her. running away will let her double up you. if you run to her she'll lose health and back down. run to her, and cast your spells so you can hurt her.

JohnnyW

10-17-2010

Play like a b1tch til you hit 6 then nuke her.

Yellow Jester

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgv115 View Post
Firstly, this isn't an OP cry.
Well it should be.

If you cry enough she'll get nerfed.

Instant countered.

WarlordLucifer

10-17-2010

In soviet Russia, MF counters you!

Bobteej

10-17-2010

Most MF try to use their speed to their advantage...

Land an auto attack on her, yeh it does jack, but it slows her down (her passive) and allows u to run back from the double up if your smart.... In the end, if i were u i'd run in for the Q creep kill and focus on farming.

If your aggresive and you got some decent mana regen, go for a Q (stun) + W combo lower levels to keep her harrassed when your passive is up. If she starts to play a bit Defensively when she see's you with your stun up, use this to farm safely with your auto attacks...

Theres my 2 cents

Tsavo213

10-17-2010

Vlad.

Or Kog'Maw with BAB focus