Hey guys, it's me again, but with a Champion concept instead of a skin idea. It's my first one! Feel free to leave comments, concerns, or critiques! Don't worry, I'll add some sketches later.
Arius, the Forsaken
Overview: Arius’s abilities with Crowd Control are played for either his defense or the defense of others. He is not meant to stay in a duel, but rather sabotage and assist. Main damage may not be as high, but he can stay or flee as he pleases. His damage output is minimal, and his base speed is actually a tad slow. Some tanks may out-defense him, but Arius can still make a dent in a team fight.
Role: Jungler, Support, Melee, Tank
Description of Appearance: Arius is an angel in chains. His long wings are weighed down by chins connected to his chain mail, which he lugs around. His legs are also clamped down, but the cuffs are broken that he may walk. Some of his old robes clothe him. His cuff links are torn apart, and he holds shards of the old cell he was tied to and uses them as weapons. Arius has long hair and a beard to symbolize his age in chains.
-BASE HP: 460 (+92 per level)
-----Regeneration: 7.5 (+0.8 per level)
-Damage: 47.5 (+3 per level)
-Attack Speed: 0.612 (+2.21% per level)
-Armor: 17.5 (+3.4 per level)
-Magic Resistance: 30 (+1.25 per level)
-Movement Speed: 325
- [Passive] Seal of Vengeance: Arius’s killer becomes heavily slowed by chains, and non-tower damage inflicted on him is doubled for the next three seconds. (Damage over time such as Ignite or Poison do not count). There is a three minute cooldown.
Use: Whoever kills Arius will become a primary target. Tanks aren’t meant to be taken down so quickly, and this will be a necessary punishment.
- [Q] Sprint of Shadows: Arius selects a unit to teleport upon, then has two seconds to choose another unit, and then another two seconds to select another enemy to jump on. By the third jump, Arius returns to his original place and stuns the units (if they are enemies) for 2 seconds. If he fails to select the next unit within two seconds or does another movement or ability, the ability chain is cancelled.
Cost: 10/20/30/40/50 per jump Cooldown: 25/21/17/15/13 Range: 440 Damage: 30/50/70/100/120 AP per jump
Use: It can be used for fleeing after two lunges, a juke with three, or he may as well sabotage the enemy units for someone else to make a faster kill. Farming may be an idea. He can also chase. However, at an uppercut on an enemy, his run may be interrupted.
- [W] Chains of Justice: Arius first selects two enemies within his circumference range, and then between the two selected enemies or monsters and pulls them together to where he is, causing stun for one second, and then a slow afterwards for 2.5 seconds.
Cost: 30/50/60/70/80 Cooldown: 25/20/17/15/12 Circumference Range: 900 Damage: 45/65/85/105/125 AP
Use: Arius’s vengeance attack. He may choose to stop an enemy from chasing his ally. He can bring fleeing enemies back to his tower or his position. However, afterward, he may be outnumbered, so a Sprint would do nicely.
- [E] Blessing of Rejuvenation: Arius creates a pact to create an aura of rejuvenation with his own blood for 15 seconds.
Cost: 20/30/40/50/55 HP Cooldown: 40/37/35/33/30 Regen: +15/17/21/26/35 per sec Circumference Range: 475
Use: Support. It'll help him and aid others in their fights.
- [R] Wings of Redemption: Arius flies over his foes at normal movement speed, taunting them as he goes. Damage he takes will be immediately reimbursed as he takes it. At descent, he blinds the foes he just flew over.
Cost: 100/100/100 Cooldown: 120/115/110 Range: 875
Use: Arius flies literally slowly right through the enemy team. Arius will be targeted, and he will take the punishment. Once he's down, either by death or still alive, his team would be able to take down the sabotaged foes.
UPON SELECTION: Neither justice of light or darkness will bind me!
TAUNT: “Want to check if there’s an afterlife?”
JOKE: - *flaps arms as fast as he can*
MOVEMENT: “Guide me!” “What makes them think they can hold me?” “Onward!” “This is no time to fool around!” “Ugh…” “Looks like I’m still running in a prison” “Stupid chains.” "I see a present darkness."
PLAYING AGAINST: “Woops!” “You’re not taking me this time!”
DEATH: *Chains cover Arius after he falls over, also covering his killer for the Passive.*
ABILITIES: [Q]: “Hmph!” “Ugh!” “Yeah!”
[W]: “Reaaaah!” “Come with me!” "Come together!"
[E]: “A time of rest…”
[R]: "It is me you want!"
“It has been a mistake to jail him. It has been a greater mistake to free him.”
Arius, a royal guard under Kayle’s angelic force, was never meant for war. Blood was the last thing he needed in his sight. But once his brother Lament had fallen, Arius became a brutal being. He let no one escape his wrath, all for his beloved brother. He would go out to vanquish the evil that destroyed his blood. Times changed, and so did he. Kayle saw this man transform from a great defender and philosopher to a man of darkness and hatred. After killing another guard, what some think by accident, Kayle banished him to the Cells of Eve. However, Arius felt his justice had not been served, for his brother or himself. She knew this, but also knew Arius was a threat. Thus she placed a mark upon him- that any being who slays this man would be punished tenfold.
Centuries later, Morgana raided the prisons in search for soldiers for her dark army. With the assistance of newly found dark powers, she broke apart the place and took Kayle down with it. Of the choices she picked, Morgana’s regret was letting Arius out of his cell. The man, enraged now at Kayle, at the evils that destroyed his brother, enlightened by the psychotic philosophies he brewed in his chains, imprisoned by the same love he felt safe with for his family and for his jailer, tore away the chains, and disappeared, leaving ruins in his path. He breathed threats against light and darkness, but when he heard Kayle and Morgana had disappeared, he knew the League was behind this. He saw, however, an evil beyond Morgana in the League, a darkness justice had been corrupted to- a corruption Arius believed would plague not only Runeterra, but his own home if he would not remove his people from it.
There is no reason for him to be an energy champion. Zero. None. Don't do it. If you don't have a reason for a champion to use an alternate resource, use mana. There's a reason it's the standard.
Seal of Vengeance is cool. Not sure it'd be a good thing for a tank to have, though, seeing as they aren't going to be focused anyways. Helps that your champion doesn't really feel like a tank anyways. More a jungler, and his death could help a teammate finish a gank if he dies.
Requiring three jumps to even function is a bad idea, and GIVING three jumps is also a bad idea, especially given he already has another flash on hand. Speaking of which,
Hitting with Chains of Justice effectively would be far more difficult than any ability should be, and without much benefit. Stunning two enemies is intriguing, but again, he has two jumps, one of which can be used three times. He's easily the most insanely mobile champion out there even with just those abilities.
I can't figure out how Blessing of Rejuvenation works, nor how it's a rejuvenating effect. Rejuvenation is healing. What this seems to be is a massive pile of spellvamp, lifesteal, and push with a slow on a champion who already has two stuns and another slow.
Same goes for Wings of Redemption. I really can't figure out how it works, and from what I have figured out, it's hard to use, has a giant pile of crowd control on a character already filled to the brim with crowd control, and adds even more mobility to an already highly mobile character.
All in all, he's an insane pile of great mobility, very powerful crowd control, all on an incredibly hard to use platform. You're trying too much. Give him some pulls, some slows, and some abilities that scale on his missing health if you want to make a tank focused on retribution. That could be a cool concept, and I feel like you're wasting it a bit by just making him a giant bouncy angel of slows.
Passive: o.O I would suicide. All the time.
Q: This is an interesting ability which opens up the arena for a number of different types of abilities. I assume the cost is per cast? Damage is really high for a 3 jump ability. Can you hit the same target multiple times? Champ needs to scale off something (Health, AP, AD, etc).
W: Has way too much cc, and double the cd. Range should be half current value.
E: This has a lot of parallels to Janna's Ult, Which is an Ult. Provide too much cc, too much utility, too much sustain. Remove the push, and slow. Half the spell vamp. Make it a short duration ability w/ a small-moderate AoE.
R: You really like cc don't you. Not everything needs to be a cc on a support. Hard to tell how this works except as a huge cc mechanism. I'd scrap it, it doesn't seem feasible.
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'll change every single ability to drop CC a bit. I just noticed the problem. And to answer the questions...
@ [problem with Q]
Sprint of Shadows gives Arius three jumps on separate units. He has to hit the units. After three jumps on the units, he will return back to the position as if he never jumped to begin with, stunning his foes. He can end the ride with two and run off there.
Chains of Justice was meant to to be an on-select hit, not skill shots. Once a champion has been selected in his range, he may choose another enemy unit to bring them together, thus teleporting directly in between the two.
Changing it completely. It has been too weird to begin with.
Originally, he was supposed to knock away enemies, then given a few seconds to deploy an area of spell vamp (sorry for the lifesteal complication).
I noticed it gives him a bit too much of mobility. It's overpowered compared to TF's ult, combining with a near global ultimate along with CC. I'll try to find an alternate...
I'll edit him to be more rounded. I like the missing health idea, and I'll change him to fit those. Any more critique? Thanks for the feedback I've gotten so far!
Aight, here is my review of your champion, take what you wish of it.
Before I get onto the actual abilities, I feel the need to address the attack range on your character. The average melee range for champions is either 125 for a regular weapons/unarmed attacks, 150 for medium-ish length weapons (Pantheon being the prime example) and 175 for big reach weapons (jarvan, Xin Zhao, etc.) I would recommend adjusting it to one of those values for the sake of consistency.
Also, for future reference, basic abilities in LoL have 5 ranks, not 4 (I'm guessing you have a background in DotA or HoN, which utilize 4-rank basic abilities?), so all of the values that rank up on your basic abilities are missing a rank.
- While the innate itself seems relatively balanced, I really don't like the idea of an innate that requires you to die. I'm iffy on innates like Karthus, Zyra and Kog'Maw, but there I can kinda see it as appropriate because it's a way to rack up last-second kills, which in turn helps them perform their role better in the long run without making the character becoming solely dependent on dying in order to be useful. But I don't really see that here, as it seems more like one of your champion's best contributions to a team requires him to die in order to use it, making him a little too reliant on dying in order to be played to maximum potential. Plus, I always found that good tank players can take a lot of hits while still rarely dying, meaning that a good tank player won't be able to utilize this effectively enough. I would personally change it into something that doesn't activate on death.
- I see this essentially as a form of Alpha Strike that stuns people instead of damaging them, am I correct (since you don't specify if it does damage)? I see a lot of faults with this ability, not with the ability itself (the idea seems fine), but with the numbers around it. Firstly, the current cooldowns seem really high (maybe drop it to 20/19/18/27/16s?). Second, you don't actually specify whether you have to perform multiple casts of this, or if it does 3 jumps to random enemies on a single cast. Finally, I find the health cost on this a little too high. the way it is currently worded implies 3 jumps = 150 health used up. While I don't see that big a problem late game, early on this spell probably harms you more than the enemies you are using it on, as you can effectively lose a third of your health casting this. I'd start it off with a lower health cost and have it scale up to 50. Also, how long is the stun duration?
- I feel like the active is too powerful to require a passive element to it as well. But, on the other hand, you didn't actually write the duration of the active slow, the duration of the stun and the reduction value of the slow, so I'll let it slide for now. I do think the cooldown on this one in general is too low for the amount of utility it brings. I'd bump it up so that the rank 5 cooldown is higher than 10.
- The heal seems fairly weak, especially for the ridiculous cooldown and the high health cost later on. I would increase that regen to something like 25/s at max rank, so that it at least does it's one job very effectively. Also, how far does this aura stretch out?
- I honestly do not understand this one enough to try and provide good feedback to it, and therefore I won't touch it too much. Though, since I read a taunt and a blind is involved, It does sound like your character might much of a hard CC bot. I'd try to change it so that he doesn't have as much stuns. That's just personal opinion though.
Also, I'll gladly re-visit this ablity when you clarify it.
So, overall, I personally think that the concept seems kinda unfinished at times, and I feel that you are trying to put too much theme to it at the cost of fun, since he has no AP or AD scaling and provides nothing more than CC with a bit of healing (which can be kinda boring to play as). But then again, I seem to be one of the few people around here that thinks there is such a thing as too much theme to a champion.
Reviewed your champion as you had requested. I'd be interested in helping you work on a champion idea (you mentioned something about it in my review thread). Feel free to add me in game if you're still looking for help, though I haven't been on much in recent weeks.
© 2014 Riot Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Riot Games, League of Legends and PvP.net are trademarks, services marks, or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc.