Virtual machine better than native

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marlok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2010

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Serial Number (system): W89330TR66J
Hardware UUID: 5E986E13-62EA-5703-8A09-835DD320A617
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Everything in very low and with no shadows.

I installed Parallels Desktop 6. I tried to play Lol in this virtual machine with windows 7 and it was better than the native one.

Native loading time: 01:09.6 s
Parallels (virtual machine): 00:47.9 s

The mac version is much more compressed so I think this is the reason for the long loading time.

While playing you can get almost the same FPS (20-30 fps not group fights, 5-15 fps on fights)

So it is the same to load windows (vitual machine) in mac and load lol windows version, than loading just lol native in mac. This is the reason for low performance.

I got a video comparing the virtual machine and the native one but I didn't know if I can post it on youtube, so if some one wants it just ask me. But tell me were I can upload it.

I have played in this same computer wow (world of warcraft) at ultra on graphics when playing native, so Lol on mac should get really good graphics too.

tujiko

10-17-2010

Hmm, this is a great extensive post! I think you should upload the video - Udyr would probably like to see it!

Bump because I think this is important!

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

interesting.....

Fabinhopac

10-22-2010

What's up guys!

I'm play LoL on my Macbook White 2Gb Intel, with OS X last version, the game doesn't show low FPS but i feel a little diference when i play on Windows XP with VMware. The game loading on windows is more faster than on Macbook, why?

Thanks.