[champion concept] Reaper, Rider of the Pale Horse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gojira Godzilla

12-29-2012

Okay I'm currently writing a sci-fi book called "Apocalypse" and I just realized that the main character could be a good champion.

Reaper, Rider of the Pale Horse

Reaper is a champion that uses an energy scythe in battle, wears a mix of cloth and armor for maximum movement and protection, and rides a mechanical pegasus, Despair.
Tags: Melee, Tank, Fighter

Damage: 61+1.8/level(109.8)
Attack Speed: .55+1.50
Health: 470+90/level (2095)
Mana: 620 Fuel
Movement Speed: 350
Armor: 20+3.5/level (101)
Magic Resist: 40+1.75/level (71.5)
Health Regen.: 5.5+.45/level (13.6)
Mana Regen.: 7+.65/level (18.7)

Event: Mechanical Menace
If an ally Reaper and an enemy Vi reach lvl 16 the event "Mechanical Menace" begins. If Reaper kills Vi he gains the ability to use "Excessive Force" when he activates his ult. If Vi kills Reaper she gains 25% movement speed, +5 armor, and can use "Death Vapor".

Personal Item: Fuel Reactor
Price: 2.3k gold.
Cooldown: 200
Passive: He gains 5% ability power and armor penatration.
Active: If Reaper has 620 fuel stored up he can make enemies within 1600 units have their abilities go on cooldown and nearby allies within 1600 units have their ability cooldowns reset.

Hidden Passive: When there's an allied Viktor on the same team as Reaper, Reaper is healed for a few seconds when his health drops to a critical level.

Passive:
Last Stand
When Reaper dies he falls off of his steed, the steed is controlable for 5 seconds, after the 5 seconds Despair self-destructs releasing a wall of poison that deals x magic damage for 2 seconds.

Ability 1 "Q"
Death's Power
Cooldown: 9.5
Fuel Cost: 60/70/80/100
Reaper's next attack deals 25% extra damage and heals Reaper for 10% oh his current health. Has a chance to perform a critical hit.

Ability 2 "W"
Stampede
Cooldown: 12
Fuel Cost: 80/90/100/110
Reaper gets off his steed and then Reaper and his steed charge at the enemy and deals 85(+X) damage, Reaper chargers up to 800 units and will stop if he hits an enemy champion.

Ability 3 "E"
Death Vapor
Cooldown: 15
Fuel Cost: 70/80/90/100
Reaper surronds himself with a posionous vapor that deals 50(+X) magic damage to surronding enemies, enemies caught in this are posioned for 3 seconds. Reaper gains another 10 damage to Death Vapor for each point added, If the enemy stays in the vapor for 3 seconds, the enemy is disorientated for 2 seconds.

AOE: 325

Ability 4 "R"
Reaper's Judgement
Cooldown 120
Fuel Cost: 20 fuel per second
For 31 seconds Despair turns into battle armor, which causes Reaper to float. He also gains 5% movement speed, magic resist and attack speed and he loses 5% of his current attack power and armor.

Lore:
Reaper is a man shrouded in mystery, all people truly know about this hooded figure is that he rides on a mechanical pegasus that can help Reaper in battle whether it be for attack or manuverability. Most believe he is likely from Zuan as he has been seen to be friendly towards the Machine Herald, Viktor. When he was in the city Piltover Reaper saw his chance to show the power of his techmaturgy, he never expected that he would be stopped by the Sheriff of Piltover and the Piltover Enforcer. Reaper would have died if it wasn't for Viktor and because of this Reaper has promised that he would help his friend with his liberation. Reaper has teamed up with Viktor in order to take over Piltover and to destroy the two who detroyed him, Caitlynn and Vi. Reaper is a cold and sadistic person who believes that humans are weak and that machines rule.

"He will be the liberation of techmaturgy, this I know"
- Viktor
Made by Minds, Rhonorix, Kinetic Mage, and me

Edit: okay finally have an idea what the ult would look like, took me awhile to find a picture but I think this statue of the archangel Michael will be the best way to explain my idea on what the ult would look like. (just replace the sword with the scythe). Can't find a good picture of a mechanical pegasus I'm fond of so I'm using the closest one I found, which is from megaman starforce.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ArchAngelMoscow.jpg
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Pegasus_Magic

Gojira Godzilla

12-29-2012

please comment on this

Kinetic Mage

12-29-2012

I like the idea of replacing the horse with either a giant mechanical or living and battle-armored turtle (tortoise).

Maybe name the turtle or champion something funny.

NobSaiboot

12-29-2012

Eh...Not to sound like an ass but I'm not sure. I guess I would need to read the "Lore". Could be a good idea but right now all I can see is a Hecarim skin. :3

Gojira Godzilla

12-29-2012

yeah this is still a work in progress so if you want to help me come up with lore for him I'd appreciate it

NobSaiboot

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira Godzilla View Post
yeah this is still a work in progress so if you want to help me come up with lore for him I'd appreciate it
You wouldn't want me to help with lore :3 I'd talk to Moby the White. He does some of the best.

Tael Zenith

12-29-2012

Saw this in the Champ Review thread, figured I would give it a shot! Its long, I hope its helpful!

I feel like the core concept of the champion is having a bit of an ID crisis; In Runeterra there are two technological centers, Zaun and Bandle City iirc. At this point I'm trying to make the core feel more unique, let me explain.

Reaper is in a strange place, were unless you can make him feel different from a 'Mecha Hecarim' skin; he might just look and feel a bit to similar. You could make him a Yordle riding a Mecha horse, but to me, that feels like Rumble. But I do have an idea!

Zuan is a pretty messed up place (Urgot, Twitch, Mundo, Singed) But I think you could pull off the pestilent/pale horse (from the 4 horsemen of the Apoc I assume) as a more fighter type character; think a Melee Mundo/Twitch hybrid. I personally was thinking of some animal form(dog?), with a mechanical exoskeleton and a twisted organic body underneath.

If that is getting a bit too far away from your original concept I request apologies, and will bring it back to your creation.

As far as your abilities, the passive feels a bit uninspired and is the extra dmg based off AD or AP? Physical or Magical damage?

I suggest adding some CC to the charge.

You say that Death Vapor poisons the enemy, what exactly does this poison do? Slow? DoT? %HP or flat amount? Reduced healing? I think a poison debuff that interacts with is passive could be pretty rad!

I really like the Ult! But if he looses the mechanical horse, wouldn't a Move speed decrease make more sense? Bonus armor and AD or AS since it becomes battle armor; meaning that when you hit that Ulti, everyone knows, Sh-t just got real!

You could do a bit of number crunching to see if the +AS and -AD on your ult is worth the trade (DPS wise) also.

Can I help with anything else?

And I would like to request your input on my newly designed Champion, Catherine, a Tank/Support

ll Courage ll

12-30-2012

Hello Tael Zenith

I have read your comment a few times and I have taken to account some things, So I have decided to talk to Gojira about the Passive, We have changed it and we have decided that it was kinda too overused as to almost every champion hits more as their passive, so we decided to go to more ''Rise of the Thorns'' way.

I am at the moment the only one that is working on the project that is awake, and I am gonna take some of this time to modify some of the things in a little note I have here to see if Gojira would like them, yet again. Do not forget we appreciate you helping us and you have given me an Idea, for that my good sir, I thank you.

I went to check Catherine out, I will comment in your forum and I will tell you what I think about her abilities and such, I hope I can help as much as you have helped me to come up with the ideas I have come up with.

If you would like, I can post some of my ideas to the abilities over here in this thread and let you guys discuss how much you like the idea of each one being changed, of course I will always take in count every one of the suggestions people give, so come over and fill me up with ideas.

Other than that. Thanks Tael Zenith for helping us.

ll Courage ll

12-30-2012

After re reading what Tael said, I will post what I think about this whole abilities thing he has decided to give us tips in. I have placed a ''(Changed)'' in everything I think should be changed. Here we go:

Damage: 61+1.8/level(109.8)
Attack Speed: .55+1.50
Health: 470+90/level (2095)
Mana: 620 Fuel
Movement Speed: 350 (Changed)
Armor: 20+3.5/level (101)
Health Regen.: 5.5+.45/level (13.6)
Fuel Regen.: 7+.65/level (18.7)

Event: Mechanical Menace
If an ally Reaper and an enemy Vi reach lvl 16 the even "Mechanical Menace" begins. If Reaper kills Vi he gains the ability to use "Excessive Force" when he activates his ult. If Vi kills Reaper she gains 25% movement speed, +5 armor, and can use "Death Vapor".

Personal Item: Fuel Reactor 2.3k gold.
Passive: He gains 5% ability power.
Active: If Reaper has 620 fuel stored up he can make enemies within 1600 units have their abilities go on cooldown and nearby allies within 1600 units have their ability cooldowns reset. (Let's not forget to mention that all the Fuel will get lost)

Hidden Passive: When there's an allied Viktor on the same team as Reaper, Reaper is healed for a few seconds when his health drops to a critical level.

Passive:
Last Stand
When Reaper dies he falls off of his steed, the steed is controlable for 5 seconds, after the 5 seconds Despair self-destructs releasing a wall of poison that deals initial magic damage for 2 seconds dealing true damage to enemies that walk inside of it. (Changed)

Ability 1 "Q"
Death's Power
Cooldown: 9.5
Fuel Cost: 60/70/80/100
Reaper's next attack deals 25% extra damage and heals Reaper. Has a chance to perform a critical hit, If Reaper performs a critical hit, he will gain the fuel back. (Changed)

Ability 2 "W"
Stampede
Cooldown: 12
Fuel Cost: 80/90/100/110
Reaper gets off his steed and then Reaper and his steed charge at the enemy and deals 85(+X) damage, Reaper chargers up to 800 units and will stop if he hits an enemy champion, if an enemy champion is reached, the enemy will be stunned for 2 seconds (Changed)

Ability 3 "E"
Death Vapor
Cooldown: 15
Fuel: 60/70/80/90/100
Reaper surronds himself with a posionous vapor that deals 50(+X) magic damage to surronding enemies, enemies caught in this are posioned for 3 seconds. Reaper gains another 10 damage to Death Vapor for each point added, If the enemy stays in the vapor for 3 seconds, the enemy is disorientated for 2 seconds. (Changed)

Ability 4 "R"
Reaper's Judgement
Cooldown 120
Fuel Cost: 20 fuel per second
For 31 seconds Despair turns into battle armor, which causes Reaper to float. Reaper then losed 5% movement speed in change for 5% increased damage, 5% increased magic resist and armor and 5% increased attack damage. Once this ability is over or the fuel has expired, Reaper will then go back to his steed. (Changed)

ll Wisdom ll

12-30-2012

You guys did great on this champ! I like him a lot so far. Too bad I'd probably suck as him, I'm bad with melee u-u...