Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Potential new ADC masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

White Mage Kris

12-28-2012

I was thinking... if you're playing as an ADC who's dominate in lane, why not put points into utility for more money? Get the greed, wealth, and pickpocket masteries, as well as 2 in awareness and the biscuiteer. You can now get boots+5pots+small bakery goodie (or doran's blade with an HP pot and a biscuit), so any loss in stats are made up for in sustain. You also will have more mana/mana regen, which means more spamming spells, making you have even more harass with ADCs such as Caitlyn. I think this may work for ADCs with a strong laning phase, a mediocre mid-game, and a good late game. You will be able to grab that extra dagger before the mid-game push for the tower or dragon, which I think will be quite beneficial. I know this really sounds pretty useless, or just plain worse, but I think it is always a good idea to look into different strategies when it comes to materies, as that little unseen difference could change a teamfight.

Hallows Evelynn

12-28-2012

because its a stupid idea...? ur wasting dmg/sustain potiential for 0.25 gold per sec? u srs?

Tejesh

12-28-2012

I tried it once on Trist and stomped my lane SO hard.

Long Sword/3 with 20 gold leftover.

White Mage Kris

12-28-2012

Quote:
Ballistixz:
because its a stupid idea...? ur wasting dmg/sustain potiential for 0.25 gold per sec? u srs?

Well, for the laning phase..

I'm trading 3 AD, 5 ArmPen, 5% more damage to half health targets

for

0.2 gold per second, 50 starting gold (which means 2 HP pots if boots, or 1 HP pot if doran's), 3 gold per AA on champions (5 sec CD, which is good for poke lanes), a little extra biscuit, more mana for more harass

Honestly not a bad trade with the right bot lane comp.

Cool Stuffz

12-28-2012

Quote:
Thristle:

for

0.2 gold per second, 50 starting gold (which means 2 HP pots if boots, or 1 HP pot if doran's), 3 gold per AA on champions (5 sec CD, which is good for poke lanes), a little extra biscuit, more mana for more harass

You're trading potential damage output for a slight bit more cash.

As the ADC you should have a huge cash flow already. The extra money from masteries is unnecessary.

White Mage Kris

12-28-2012

Quote:
larryjerry1:
You're trading potential damage output for a slight bit more cash.

As the ADC you should have a huge cash flow already. The extra money from masteries is unnecessary.

However, if you can get the next major item before the enemy ADC, wouldn't you be doing more damage?

Kreshel

12-28-2012

Quote:
Thristle:

for

wrong. You are trading for the utility masteries you mention also 10% more AS when critical strike and 10% crit damage,

lol I died again

12-28-2012

Quote:
Thristle:
However, if you can get the next major item before the enemy ADC, wouldn't you be doing more damage?

But you still do less damage because they have an Offense tree.

However, if it is enough to get you that item where they don't have enough to get such an item, this will give you an advantage.
A similar style is +% Exp, which gives you a level advantage, because you're at that next level, while them being halfway into their level doesn't do a damn thing yet.

If you combine these, it is somewhat unreliable but still very possible to gain a solid advantage.