[guide] Singed, the Urine Guided Rokkit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alcapowned

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
The poison is a toggle, and does not activate on cast effects such as sheen and TotG.

TotG charges carry over to the staff, which also has a cap of 600, although this is hidden.

Rylai's would only affect toss in this case, and is a waste. Better to get items with AP and mana and get the passive HP.
Ah okay thanks for clearing it up.

Also is a viable strategy when using Teleport to place a ward in the grass then teleport to that ward so you can suprise your enemy? I've tried using this method and it sometimes works well , mch like a Twisted Fate teleport.

condon

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcapowned View Post
Ah okay thanks for clearing it up.

Also is a viable strategy when using Teleport to place a ward in the grass then teleport to that ward so you can suprise your enemy? I've tried using this method and it sometimes works well , mch like a Twisted Fate teleport.
Works with anything that is targetable as a minion. Mushrooms, Jack in the Box, Hiemer Turrets, Tibbers, etc.

I prefer to run in from the front, as I play Singed (as most do, mind) as an initiator/pusher, so screaming down the field with poison is my SOP.

AsherZaine

01-02-2010

Condon I just bought singed only cuz you made this guide. I follow the Mfin chogath with great success. You are a ****ing genius keep it up

Ozymandeus

01-03-2010

One thing I've found to work well on Singed, if you are having a decent game is to pick up a soulstealer. It drastically increases your offensive power for not alot of gold. I usually buy one after I have my boots & catalyst, before I start finishing my RoA/Veil and FoN.

Singed is very good at getting assists/kills but is also very durable and able to escape, keeping his souls intact. And every time you toss someone into your stink, it just feeds it and makes it worse for the next guy.

I've found that late game, enough players have high enough regen/life to ignore the damage from the stink/toss...and they should always fear the stink!

How I build singed (inspired from condon, thanks, awesome guide!)

0/7/21 (grabbing 'strength of spirit' from defense, I find it helpful, did some math and I think every 65 mana = 1hp5)

Runes: Reds: All magic pen, yellow: mix of armor/dodge blues: cooldown reduction, quints: runspeed

Summoner: Ghost & Teleport. Cleanse is also nice, but I like having 2 speedboost abilities. Normally I can survive a gank and pop either haste to get away (while stinking).

Item build:

1) Mana gem +2 pots
2) Catalyst
3) Boots -> Mercury treads 80%, Tabi 10%, move 3 10% (depends on enemy team)

4a) If you aren't having issues and the gold/kills are flowing, this is where I pick up a soulstealer.
4b) If you team is having a difficult time and you aren't getting many team kills, just skip soulstealer (perhaps get it later if your team makes a turnaround in kill rate)

5) At this point I either build my catalyst into a RoA or a Banshee's Veil, depending on the other team. I usually try for RoA over Veil unless the enemy is being carried by a DD caster (annie).

6a) If the enemy team is more physical DPS I start building a glacial shroud -> frozen heart.
6b) If more magical I build a force of nature first.

Either order, I build both of these. By this time most matches will be over.

Typical Final Loadout:

RoA
Mercury Treads
Soulstealer
Force of Nature
Frozen Heart
*Final Item*

Your final item slot can either be used for laying down lots of sentries to track enemy movement, to eat blue/red elixirs, or to fill with another beefy item. Warmogs is a solid choice, the reincarnate armor, aegis. If you have a soulstealer/Roa and want even worse farts, Zonya's Ring also works well with singed. On two occasions when my team had NO tower pushers, I bought a last whisper to take down towers faster. But that was pretty silly.

Overall Singed is alot of fun and I highly recommend him.

420 Warrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

regrowth pendant -> force of nature first is pretty great.
Two reasons:
Movespeed increase is a nice bonus, you can hold off on boots for a minute with a FoN + ult
REGEN is ridiculous. 40hp/5 PLUS .35% every SECOND. The passive alone is better than mundo's passive.

Getting this first allows you to tank early-mid game dps pretty well. The 76 MR also helps a LOT against bursty AP types. Plus you just regen your health back after they blow their cooldowns. Gives you good staying power while laning and lets you hang around a team fight longer than you would with RoA first.

With this i like to take ghost and exhaust to make up for not having boots and not having mana to goo. Exhaust + fling is pretty good.

AsherZaine

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandeus View Post
One thing I've found to work well on Singed, if you are having a decent game is to pick up a soulstealer. It drastically increases your offensive power for not alot of gold. I usually buy one after I have my boots & catalyst, before I start finishing my RoA/Veil and FoN.

Singed is very good at getting assists/kills but is also very durable and able to escape, keeping his souls intact. And every time you toss someone into your stink, it just feeds it and makes it worse for the next guy.

I've found that late game, enough players have high enough regen/life to ignore the damage from the stink/toss...and they should always fear the stink!

How I build singed (inspired from condon, thanks, awesome guide!)

0/7/21 (grabbing 'strength of spirit' from defense, I find it helpful, did some math and I think every 65 mana = 1hp5)

Runes: Reds: All magic pen, yellow: mix of armor/dodge blues: cooldown reduction, quints: runspeed

Summoner: Ghost & Teleport. Cleanse is also nice, but I like having 2 speedboost abilities. Normally I can survive a gank and pop either haste to get away (while stinking).

Item build:

1) Mana gem +2 pots
2) Catalyst
3) Boots -> Mercury treads 80%, Tabi 10%, move 3 10% (depends on enemy team)

4a) If you aren't having issues and the gold/kills are flowing, this is where I pick up a soulstealer.
4b) If you team is having a difficult time and you aren't getting many team kills, just skip soulstealer (perhaps get it later if your team makes a turnaround in kill rate)

5) At this point I either build my catalyst into a RoA or a Banshee's Veil, depending on the other team. I usually try for RoA over Veil unless the enemy is being carried by a DD caster (annie).

6a) If the enemy team is more physical DPS I start building a glacial shroud -> frozen heart.
6b) If more magical I build a force of nature first.

Either order, I build both of these. By this time most matches will be over.

Typical Final Loadout:

RoA
Mercury Treads
Soulstealer
Force of Nature
Frozen Heart
*Final Item*

Your final item slot can either be used for laying down lots of sentries to track enemy movement, to eat blue/red elixirs, or to fill with another beefy item. Warmogs is a solid choice, the reincarnate armor, aegis. If you have a soulstealer/Roa and want even worse farts, Zonya's Ring also works well with singed. On two occasions when my team had NO tower pushers, I bought a last whisper to take down towers faster. But that was pretty silly.

Overall Singed is alot of fun and I highly recommend him.
No offense this guide kinda sucks and if your playing the urine guided rocket your not going for kills your doing assists, well kills are good if you can get them. If you follow condons guide your will have nearly 4k health and 3k mana usally i dont get further than the 4th item in a game your already a beast enough without force of nature but by all means get it get it I just dont like singed not getting archmages staff it increases your mana pool and your hp pool greatly. I really prefer boots of switfness your trying to move as fast as possible you need to take soul stealer out put archmage in there and leave condons guide in tact

starmonkey

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
Rylai's would only affect toss in this case, and is a waste. Better to get items with AP and mana and get the passive HP.
Have been having some fun with rylai's and sunfire cloak

Goo behind - Poison in - toss - run around in front of them screaming like the frenzied, alchemical madman that you are!

Your guide's great, condon, have been trying to find other Singed builds for a bit of variety.

Have also been toying with Haunting Guise + Sorc boots for the MP, but I usually find the cost of HG sets me back too much in the early game.

unentschieden

01-20-2010

Toss already slows the enemy and is Melee anyway. Why not get Phage/Mallet instead of Rylais? Sunfire is outright wastefull as Poison Trail is much stronger.
Youīre getting expensive items that Provide what Singed has already. Itīs like getting Frozen Mallet on Ashe imho.

Singeds Passive doesnīt make Mana desirable on Singed but cost effective. Singed is very Mana efficient and only needs a big Mana pool to avoid investing in Mana Regeneration - which is effective since the increased effect on Mana items makes them cheaper indirectly.
If you need HP itīs still more effective to go HP instead of Mana. What IS doable is going Max Mana instead of Mana Regeneration on him.

TiV3

01-22-2010

I like picking tear early because I have 9/21/0 masteries.. Just reskilling for Singed to get 0/15/15 doesn't seem to be worth it to me. (considering I got ms quints)

Soookayyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

I read this post when it first came out in November i think? My singed playing is now incredible, i can very oftenly feed my carry with throws and slows and if somehow they dont finish them off the poison always does. i seen my poison tick for above 200 quite a few times.

Personally i prefer to go for a Abyssal Scepter because of the magic resist then going sheen. Your going to be running in and your going to need some items to mitagate some damage. This makes your do this but also causes your damage to sky rocket with the magic pen