[guide] Singed, the Urine Guided Rokkit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spreadfred

11-29-2009

"Fortify: You don't want to scare them away from the towers, you want them to be dumb enough to dive in, and you actually benefit from biiig long lanes full of creep to farm. More on that later."

what about using fortify as an offensive weapon? wait until the enemy is foolish enough to dive under the tower, pop fort for the attack speed increase (on the tower), use goo/toss to keep them under the tower. seems like a pretty easy way to get a kill.

btw, props on ur guide-writing style

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by moac View Post
my rule with singed is if you're up against a team with a lot of disables, then get treads. if there's a lot of melee dps, then the ninja tabi works out pretty well.
If you're up against a lot of disables, they will chain stun and slow you into uselessness. 40% less cc duration does you jack **** if Ashe is frost arrowing you constantly, or if someone has a damn phage.

Oooo. You shaved 1s off that slow at the cost of increased ms. Congrats. Too bad it's far too easy to chain disable.

What you need is cleanse. Especially after the next patch. Singed will be a god after this next patch. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecent View Post
I pop ghost she moves away and starfalls. She refills her health and mana and now ghost is on cd.
You're still doing it wrong then. Don't make it obvious. Stay near the creeps and farm. When she comes up to starfall, ghost, toggle poison, toss. Beat face in, get easy kill. Soraka should never lane against Singed. Ever.

Ozymandeus

11-29-2009

Nice guide, I do something very similar.

My question is this...what runes do you think are best for singed?

I have -cooldown for my blues but for yellows & reds I'm unsure what to do. Any thoughts?

~oz

condon

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandeus View Post
Nice guide, I do something very similar.

My question is this...what runes do you think are best for singed?

I have -cooldown for my blues but for yellows & reds I'm unsure what to do. Any thoughts?

~oz
I actually use my caster page for singed, which is more or less just AP (at 18s) and coodown reduction. He gets beefy enough and as I've said, anyone who worries about auto attack can eat all the dicks.

Ozymandeus

11-29-2009

AP in reds & yellows? So around ~22 AP with a full red & yellow AP board? Seems kinda like a waste. I guess I haven't made a caster runeboard yet but it seems like a waste not to use primary runes?

I know Singed isn't an autoattacker at all, but I do find myself at times autoattacking in group fights when waiting for cooldowns, and for taking turrets down, and smacking creeps early before my stink is rank enough...so I'm wondering what people think about using +atkspeed for red, and armor/dodge? for yellows.

Reds would give 6.12% Atkspeed vs +9 AP (at 18)
Yellows would give 28 armor or 6.75% dodge at 18 VS 16.2 AP

Maybe that 9 AP is worth it? I don't really play other casters besides Singed so maybe its considered common to use AP runes...

condon

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandeus View Post
AP in reds & yellows? So around ~22 AP with a full red & yellow AP board? Seems kinda like a waste. I guess I haven't made a caster runeboard yet but it seems like a waste not to use primary runes?

I know Singed isn't an autoattacker at all, but I do find myself at times autoattacking in group fights when waiting for cooldowns, and for taking turrets down, and smacking creeps early before my stink is rank enough...so I'm wondering what people think about using +atkspeed for red, and armor/dodge? for yellows.

Reds would give 6.12% Atkspeed vs +9 AP (at 18)
Yellows would give 28 armor or 6.75% dodge at 18 VS 16.2 AP

Maybe that 9 AP is worth it? I don't really play other casters besides Singed so maybe its considered common to use AP runes...
I'd take defensive items long before attack speed, especially considering you'll be getting a single strike in most of the time you attack someone. You do much better skirmishing and running around during a fight. Standing still gives them a lot better chance at making you stay still, and lets them get away much more easily. If they know where you're going to be, they can go the other way. Not to mention the poison coverage in group fights *which does significantly more damage than your auto attack* and avoiding skill shots.

Vert3X

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Great guide and that's how I usually play Singed.

Today I tried going straight for RoA starting with the health crystal and it worked quite well as you can usually get 2X RoA before 25 mins. I ended the game with ~3.5khp and was a hell of a tank as well as dealing out significant damage. Both games ended with me having: 2X RoA, +3 boots, and building warden's mail.

Edit: Oh, both games we needed a tank so I played like this to be a tank in the late game.

Any thoughts?

Lemt

11-30-2009

Great guide. The champ I'm playing most right now is Blitzcrank. You know what is the first thing I think when I see the enemy has Singed?
It totally screws up my game. I can't use my pull effectively, because if Singed is what I get It's me who'll get killed off. And silly people try to chase Singed. You don't chase Singed. You hope the rest of the enemy are useless and go for them. Or, if you have enough nukes, you get Singed first of all. But you either have enough ranged damage to bring him down at any cost, or you get out of his frakking way.
I don't care about Corki, Cardmaster, Teemo, or any other of those champions people usually complain about. I've fought and killed them off more times than I can count. It's Singed that haunts me. NOTHING beats a good Singed.

condon

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert3X View Post
Great guide and that's how I usually play Singed.

Today I tried going straight for RoA starting with the health crystal and it worked quite well as you can usually get 2X RoA before 25 mins. I ended the game with ~3.5khp and was a hell of a tank as well as dealing out significant damage. Both games ended with me having: 2X RoA, +3 boots, and building warden's mail.

Edit: Oh, both games we needed a tank so I played like this to be a tank in the late game.

Any thoughts?
Exactly right. I mean, no matter what guide or strategy you're perusing, it all comes down to "What do I need to do to kidney shot that team"

A tanky singed is scary as ****, although to achieve that I like to go for banshees veil and force of nature (delicious move speed.) As it was said, most people when dealing with singed either A) run the **** away, or B) try to nuke the ****er asap. A veil not only stops you from eating one spell completely, but buffs up your HP/MP(and thus HP) some more, and gives all the really big nukers that first few seconds of hesitation as they wait for another ally to throw a weak spell at you to break the shield. A few seconds you use to run screaming and poisonating your way to the front lines.

EDIT: If you end up being the team fat guy, dying as singed is generally acceptable, however note that you are really good at getting the enemy to commit. Get low, pop regen, and bolt, slowly. Don't take the best escape route, take the one that eggs them into chasing you. More poison damage + splitting their dps + chance at survival = win.

relkin

11-30-2009

Very nice guide, I hope lots of people use it because I don't use your setup at all. My skill leveling is very similar, but gear is different right off the bat. I play singed as less of a tank and more of a ganker that can chase you across the map.

My items are as such:
Philo Stone
BoS
Rod
Lich Bane
Abyssal
100AP ring
and if match goes on long enough i get the void rod

I get lich bane for 2 reasons, number 1 is the run speed increase, a fast singed is one that can run to gtf out and one that can run and kill you. Also i usually am the one on my team who gets to kill turrets and with Lichbane proc my first hit on the turret is usually over 300 which is nice.