Would you like to see more Sword and Shield using characters in lol?

Yes 789 89.25%
No 95 10.75%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Chronic lack of Sowrd and Shield characters

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rollerball

12-27-2012

Only leona, who is my favorite though. I like everything about her, coincidentally also that she uses sword and shield.

Templar26

12-27-2012

Agreed, we need more sword and board in this game.

XSparkleFistX

12-27-2012

I want to see a champ with giant medicine caplets. Just throws them at others doing DoT and status effect.

Templar26

12-27-2012

We need a knight-type character. I'm talking full plate armor, broadsword and shield, a coat-of-arms, the whole kit and kaboodle.

Gods pet turtle

12-27-2012

chef champion with a knife + chopping board, RIOT PLS

Enrayged

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar26 View Post
We need a knight-type character. I'm talking full plate armor, broadsword and shield, a coat-of-arms, the whole kit and kaboodle.
And a helmet. I'm kinda getting annoyed by all these helmet-less warriors... They're suicidal.

But here's the problem - what would he be? A tank makes sense, but knights tend to be quite well trained - offensively as well as defensively - and what sort of disruption tools would he have?

If he were too disruptive, he'd just be another Leona, but if he's too offense-focused, wouldn't he be just another Bruiser? An interesting problem.

Perhaps have him be a defense-focused bruiser, with most of his damage scaling with armor/MR? Thus, he'd fail in bursty trades, but he would likely win extended duels.

Templar26

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
And a helmet. I'm kinda getting annoyed by all these helmet-less warriors... They're suicidal.

But here's the problem - what would he be? A tank makes sense, but knights tend to be quite well trained - offensively as well as defensively - and what sort of disruption tools would he have?

If he were too disruptive, he'd just be another Leona, but if he's too offense-focused, wouldn't he be just another Bruiser? An interesting problem.

Perhaps have him be a defense-focused bruiser, with most of his damage scaling with armor/MR? Thus, he'd fail in bursty trades, but he would likely win extended duels.
That too! He'd need a full helmet, none of that exposed face nonsense! I like the idea of armor/mr scaling, since we hardly see that in champions (I think that Malph is the only champ that has it).

Zapfloch

12-27-2012

Yeah, I was thinking this the other day. And give him a skin that makes him look like Link from Legend of Zelda. xD

randomgiraffe

12-27-2012

To be fair, they probably don't want to make the sword and shield combo over-abundant in LoL. So instead they substitute the sword with other things:

Sejuani - Flail + Shield
Pantheon - Spear + Shield

But it couldn't hurt to have another. In reference to the "Yordle with a Swordle" thread, I would like to see a Yordle with a sword and shield who can jungle. BAM

Templar26

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgiraffe View Post
To be fair, they probably don't want to make the sword and shield combo over-abundant in LoL. So instead they substitute the sword with other things:

Jarvan - Lance + Shield
Sejuani - Flail + Shield
Pantheon - Spear + Shield

But it couldn't hurt to have another. In reference to the "Yordle with a Swordle" thread, I would like to see a Yordle with a sword and shield who can jungle. BAM
But Jarvan doesn't have a shield.....

1234511 ... 22