Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Feedback on Corki

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2xHero

Recruiter

10-16-2010

Corki is arguably my favorite ranged DPS carry because of his unique skill set. However, he doesn't seem to hold his own when compared to more popular ranged caries such as Ashe, Tristana, Miss Fortune, Kog'Maw, Twitch, and Ezreal. I think that part of this is because he does not have a high-power nuke for an ult, has virtually no CC, and does not have a +attack speed skill. I think that is one of the reasons that I like Corki -- he grows more powerful the longer the fight goes on because of his Gatling Guns shredding enemy armor. I think that there are a few tweaks that could be done to Corki that would make him more desirable without over-buffing him.

(passive) - Hextech Shrapnel Shells

I think that this skill is great as-is. It works well with any physical DPS build.

Q - Phosphorus bomb
This skill is pretty good. I love the reveal effect. However, I think that the mana cost is too high. Almost all of the other physical carries have an AOE spell that does comparable damage but with a lower cooldown. A lot of them also have some sort of CC, but I believe that this is plenty equaled by the blind and reveal. I also think that the AP ratio could be increased without being too dangerous.This would be fun because it would let hybrid items be more viable on Corki.

W - Valkyrie
It's a fine escape skill. My only complaint is that it's a bit slow for its range. Arcane shift has a shorter range and shorter cooldown, but it is almost instant travel. Rocket Jump has longer ranged than Valkyrie and is slower than Arcane shift, but Rocket Jump is faster than Valkyrie. I think that Valkyrie could really use a range buff over a speed buff because a projectile speed increase would look very odd.

E - Gatling Gun
I love this skill - it is essentially Corki's steroid skill. However, it's mana cost is too high when compared to other steroid skills. The duration is a bit short for a steroid skill, but I think that is balanced by the fact that it is AOE effect and helps your whole team with physical DPS. I would also like if the tool tip was updated to show how much damage Gatling Gun will do.

R - Missile Barrage
This is the skill I have the most complaints with. It looks like it would be a lot of fun, but it is a lot more frustrating for me to use. For one, it just isn't that flashy of an ultimate. Compared to Buster Shot, Trueshot Barrage, Enchanted Crystal Arrow, and Bullet Time, it just doesn't stand out. That in particular doesn't bother me - Kog'Maw's living artillery isn't too flash either, but it is still fun to use. In my opinion, the problem with Missile Barrage is that it doesn't necessarily feel rewarding when you hit, but it feels like more of a punishment if you miss. This is mainly because they do such little damage, and have no additional effects. I have a few ideas that could make Missile Barrage more enjoyable to use while still being less dramatic than a flat damage buff.
  • Make the Rockets do physical damage - Corki has an incredible AOE damage reduction and if the rockets did physical damage, it would would go along with the theme of Corki powering up in a fight.
  • Increase the AP ratio or add an AD coefficient - either of these ways would increase their damage, but one would favor hybrid items while they other would favor traditional Corki builds
  • Allow cooldown-reduction to affect Corki's reload time - it's not fun that if you use your missiles to poke/harass, you won't have them available for a team fight. I think that this is a key change - although the rockets feels like a good poking-skill, you usually can't afford to use them as such.
  • Give the missiles some additional effect or allow them to proc on-hit effects. I honestly don't think that allowing on-hit effects is a good idea for rockets (but, hey, his basic attack projectile is a little rocket.) However, adding a little slow or armor/mr reduction would make landing a rocket feel more rewarding.

I know that RIOT doesn't post in champion feedback very often, but I hope that they will take a look here anyway. Not all of these changes would be necessary, but I would like to see some of them to make Corki a more favorable pick.

Xervous

10-16-2010

i've played corki a few times thiking "Hey, this little guy is fun!" and i did pretty well with him, but of course he does have a lot of problems.

to second what you already pointed out:
1. skills eat sooo much mana
2. phosphorus bomb is only CC against stealth/AA-ers
3. valkryie is the lamest escape skill ever... A singed chased me down and flung me while i was in mid valkryie...
4. ult is just sad...

another thing i would like to see changed is the addition of target auto-tracking while he uses gatling gun (he would always point at his target, not correct himself every auto attack).

for his ult, it would be nice to see it scale a little with AD, so he can actually do something with the besides poke farm and snipe.

2xHero

Recruiter

10-17-2010

Bump past champion suggestions

Aimewow

10-17-2010

I agree with most of the points, but I've NEVER had trouble with his ult, Due to it's splas damage and ability to be spammed, it equals a good bit of damage, especially in team fights.

Valkenr

10-17-2010

It would be nice if his Ult did more damage than his Q