Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@CaptainLx - Sr. Character Animator [official]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaelthas

10-16-2010

<3?

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

10-16-2010

Quote:
Gunkuu:
Hey! Nice work on all the new animations... Although, as for the dances... A loooot (most) of the old ones are very clunky and eh (lol veigar, lol malphite). If you could put a lot of those on the backlog, that'd be cool! You may just want to go through all the old chars, pull up a /d and /t, and look what needs improvement haha.

This would be ideal... if we have some time for it.

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

10-16-2010

Quote:
Poki3:
Ahh, great that the animators know of this... I mean, her heel kick is kind of cool, but looses it's novelty when that's all she does. And that standing and walking animation is bleh.

I wonder, do you do ANY mocap? I know mocap studios are expensive to rent so I'm 100% sure you don't do regular mocap, but was wondering if you do any mocap at all :P

Nope, our animations don't lend themselves to it (esp. not the amount we need or don't need). We rotoscope dances which is close to mocap =)

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

10-16-2010

Quote:
Gai Gardener:
Art Related: Will Udyr ever get a decent skin, such as a legendary?

Animation: Will there every be a skin that gives a custom animation? Such as Amumu's ult making him spin, or Teemo doing the jerk if he's stealthed?

1.) Yes
2.) We have lots of skins with custom animation already... they are mostly legendary.

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

10-16-2010

Quote:
Apollo Justice:
Was it your doing that Lux has a german name for her ultimate?
Komm gibĀ“s zu :3

Nope, that was Shurelia's idea and choice. At some point one of her skills was called "Luminance Fraeulein" or similar... but that was taken out. I was only asked how to spell "Finales Funkeln" that's it =)

Reiver

10-16-2010

Hey alex, I've got some nub friends who would probably think it was the coolest thing ever to get to play with riot staff, wanna appease their insanity (right now since you're clearly at least somewhat available right now =P)

edit: bah, they decided it's too late, only one of them left online =(

offer still stands =P

AddaBerry

10-16-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=294243

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

10-16-2010

Quote:
H911Reiver:
Hey alex, I've got some nub friends who would probably think it was the coolest thing ever to get to play with riot staff, wanna appease their insanity (right now since you're clearly at least somewhat available right now =P)

edit: bah, they decided it's too late, only one of them left online =(

offer still stands =P

Ahh, too bad, I have to run... just wanted to answer two, three questions... at a later time =)

Reiver

10-16-2010

Quote:
CaptainLx:
Ahh, too bad, I have to run... just wanted to answer two, three questions... at a later time =)

Alright, I understand

You haven't even played a game in days *cough* lux remodel *cough*

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

10-16-2010

Quote:
Kithicor:
I would love some tips about getting into the Gaming Industry (for animation or modeling, maby both is thats possable); im currently a student about to enter community collage.

1. Work hard
2. Love what you're doing
3. Study other professionals' reels. If they are in the industry, that's how good you have to be.
4. Work on a game mod in your field to show us you can do good game animations/models
5. For animation: buy the book "animators survival kit"
6. Make a great reel that showcases your best work
7. Take internships and work with a good attitude

And don't forget to have fun. We work too hard and too long not to enjoy it =)