A list of problematic splash arts for female champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hakari L

12-26-2012

I play LOL because of the girls, and I am addicted to girls. I own every female champion except Karma, Evelyn, Cassiopeia and Vayne because I don't like them.

Some of my problems with the artworks:

- Dynasty Ahri: her right leg is broken
- Foxfire Ahri: her chest (not breasts) is a little too beefy for a character like this. not a big problem though, just slightly.
- Classic Akali. The pose is stupid, breasts are too big. beyond repair.
- Stinger Akali, too thin, breasts should be higher up.
- Silverfang Akali, her arms are broken, too thin.
- Amethyst Ashe: breasts are broken, the shading is wrong it looks like her breasts are a bit cylindrical.
- Classic Fiora: breast shape is not ideal, extruding out too much.
- Nightraven Fiora: that breast shading is too dark.
- Classic Irelia: stupid pose, unattractive physique, bad looking armor, this one is beyond repair.
- Nightblade Irealia: waist too thin, pose is stupid.
- Aviator Irelia: waist too thin, leg length is broken and inconsistent with other skins.
- Classic Janna: right forearm looks like a chicken drumstick, the wrist is too thin.
- Tempest Janna: arms are broken, legs are too revealing of internal structures for a lady.
- Hextech Janna: breasts are too big
- Victorious Janna: metal bras are lame.
- Sandstorm Katarina: broken torso, if you look closely you can see the waist is super long.
- Prestigious LeBlanc: legs too short, right hand is too big.
- Classic Leona: her head is out of place it's too forward. wrist is too thin, metal bras are lame.
- Valkyrie Leona: metal bras are lame.
- Sorceress Lux, stupid face, broken arms, waist too thin, unattractive pose, unattractive physique. beyond repair. second worst of all splash arts. (Tango Evelyn is worst)
- Spellthief Lux, bad face.
- Commando Lux, stupid pose, legs are different lengths and thickness, this one is beyond repair.
- Exiled Morgana, arms are too thin.
- Blade mistress Morgana, arms are too thin
- Koi Nami, armor bras are lame.
- Classic Orianna: I know those are just part of her, but still, metal bras are lame.
- Classic Riven: those breast wraps are too obvious, too much emphasis on breasts.
- Battle Bunny Riven: overall unnatural physique, like some kind of a statue.
- Classic Shyvana: breasts too low and pointy like Fiora's.
- Dragonclaw Shyvana: totally broken breasts, they're like 60 year old being pressed down.
- Darkflame Shyvana: why are her breasts the color of zombies?
- Sivir: just bad costumes, including all skins.
- Classic Sona: something just spells LOOK AT MY BREASTS!
- Muse Sona: same thing
- Pentakill Sona, same thing, her arm is broken. breasts are too low.
- Divine Soraka, looks out of place since they made the classic into a Moe anime girl.
- Classic Zyra, her legs seem short, maybe it's just the pose.
- Wildfire Zyra, charcoal bras are lame.

Some of the best ones: (not in order ranking)
- Classic Ahri, amazing pose, amazing thighs, amazing theme
- Midnight Ahri, amazing pose, amazing colors, great theme
- Foxfire Ahri, perfect pose, amazing colors, amazing costume, perfect hand and fingers (1*)
- Classic Ashe, amazing pose, amazing costume
- Woad Ashe, amazing pose, amazing theme
- Resistance Caitlyn, great pose, amazing colors, amazing theme, great costume
- Classic Diana, amazing pose, perfect theme, perfect colors, amazing costume
- Classic Fiora, perfect pose, amazing hips, amazing belly
- Headmistress Fiora, perfect theme, amazing colors, great pose
- Frostblade Irelia, perfect pose, perfect theme, perfect colors, amazing costume (2*)
- Victorious Janna, perfect theme, amazing pose
- Bilgewater Katarina, great theme, amazing costume, amazing belly, great hip
- Classic Leblanc, great theme, great pose, great torso, great costume
- Classic Leona, great theme
- Classic Lulu, perfect colors, amazing pose, amazing theme
- Dragon Trainer Lulu, perfect colors, amazing pose,
- Classic Lux, perfect theme, perfect pose, perfect costume, amazing theme (3*)
- Spellthief Lux, Amazing colors, perfect costume, amazing pose.
- Classic Miss Fortune, perfect details, great body, great colors.
- Mafia Miss Fortune, perfect theme, perfect costume (4*)
- Classic Morgana, perfect body, perfect pose, perfect details, amazing colors, amazing theme (5*)
- Classic Nidalee, perfect pose, perfect colors, perfect body, perfect theme, perfect costume (6*)
- Bladecraft Orianna, amazing pose, perfect costume, amazing colors, amazing theme
- Championship Riven, great costume, amazing detail, amazing pose
- Ironscale Shyvana, amazing pose, amazing theme, amazing costume
- Arcade Sona, perfect theme, perfect costume, perfect colors (7*)
- Classic Syndra, great pose, amazing colors, amazing theme, amazing costume
- Classic Vi, perfect pose, great costume, perfect colors, amazing theme, amazing body
- Neon Striker Vi, amazing colors, great body, great pose, great costume

===================apendex====================
1*, FoxFire Ahri's right hand is the center piece of this splash art. the posture is perfect with that sense of control and power. Her orb's blue light glows through her hand in red, making you feel her soft flesh and mortality. A perfect representation of her mobile squishy assassin role. However the shading on her arm and chest are not as natural and make her skin look like clay.
2*, Frostblade Irelia is a perfect skin. The freezing theme goes well with her character and personality. The tight outfit is much more modern and stylized than the classic stupid red armor. The pose is both dramatic and showcases her perfect butt. This skin just spells IREALIA in every aspect, take one look and you know what Irealia is , a tanky unstoppable melee fighter with tones of damage.
3*, The new Classic Lux splash art is so good I hate riot for doing it, because now my 975RP Spell thief skin is now inferior. This splash art is so spectacular it's blinding to look at. Lux's brilliant blond hair, optimistic expression combined with that silver armor with golden rims lets you know that there is no darkness she cannot illuminate. (well, other than noc's ulti and Grave's smoke)
4*, I don't know why, but the Mafia Miss Fortune costume just struck a string I bought her immediately when I saw her release. That costume is just perfect on her. That violet blue is just meant to go with her scarlet hair. I usually don't like stockings but they look great with that short bushiness dress skirts and long boots.
5*, I don't even play Morgana regularly, but her new classic splash art just blew my balls off. Look at those defined features, so exaggerated yet so anatomically accurate, sexy but evil. I usually think metal bras are lame as well, but those on her breasts are great. Partly because of their excellent design and detail, partly because they don't fit right against her skin, making it seem a lot more natural. Look at her wings on the background, you can see every strand on each of her feathers. The details alone would've made this splash art superior to others, but the details also work so well with her theme this one just kills.
6*, I'm glad I don't own any skins for Nidalee, because her new reworked classic appearance just destroys all of her skins. The best feature in this one is her perfect skin tone and that exaggerated sexy physique. Her waist in unrealistically thin and her hip unrealistically wide. But this is a perfect example of exaggerated features working perfectly when done correctly. And did I mention it's mating season?
7*, Whoever decided to make this skin deserves a medal. I would get this skin even if Riot sold it as a Legendary Skin. It has a perfect theme for Sona. This is because sona only has one skill that needs targeting and most of the time she plays like an arcade game, just movement and three buttons. She is also obviously inspired by Hatsune Miku who is strongly associated with the ACG geek community. Other than the vibrant but perfectly coordinated colors, this is also the only Sona skin without oversized breasts which is refreshing at the least.

Commander Pony

12-27-2012

Classic morgana skin is DEFINITELY not good, it looks as if her torse was being crushed and twisted by an invisible hand.

Hakari L

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Pony View Post
Classic morgana skin is DEFINITELY not good, it looks as if her torse was being crushed and twisted by an invisible hand.
Maybe you need to get more familiar with figure drawing and human anatomy. It is very exaggerated and stylized but there is nothing wrong with that.

Shockodile

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakari L View Post
Maybe you need to get more familiar with figure drawing and human anatomy. It is very exaggerated and stylized but there is nothing wrong with that.
http://gyazo.com/b4b2b9044d946f7c081...png?1356650593

There is no space for her organs in her body. She has no waist (like literally no waist) and her spine is basically non-existent as well. It's exaggerated, for sure, but it's also incorrect and broken.

Edit: :C her teeth really creep me out

Hakari L

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockodile View Post
http://gyazo.com/b4b2b9044d946f7c081...png?1356650593

There is no space for her organs in her body. She has no waist (like literally no waist) and her spine is basically non-existent as well. It's exaggerated, for sure, but it's also incorrect and broken.

Edit: :C her teeth really creep me out
there's nothing wrong with her spine, you just extended it beyond where it is supposed to end. Her lower body is bending away and since you're eye level is at her chest level, the spine should end somewhere around or above her ilium bones. You obviously extended it way too far as if she's growing a tail out of her ass. And the portion above her hip bone I don't see any abnormalities, all three sections are there.

As for her waist being thin, yea it is really thin and realistically you won't be able to fit much organs in there but that's not a major concern. What's important is that all the muscular and skeletal features are there. It is not uncommon to have characters with no room for internal organs these types of drawings don't need to be realistic. It's just like having impossibly big breasts or big heads. Besides, she's an angel she has to **** every day?

Candidumbra

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakari L View Post
there's nothing wrong with her spine, you just extended it beyond where it is supposed to end. Her lower body is bending away and since you're eye level is at her chest level, the spine should end somewhere around or above her ilium bones. You obviously extended it way too far as if she's growing a tail out of her ass. And the portion above her hip bone I don't see any abnormalities, all three sections are there.

As for her waist being thin, yea it is really thin and realistically you won't be able to fit much organs in there but that's not a major concern. What's important is that all the muscular and skeletal features are there. It is not uncommon to have characters with no room for internal organs these types of drawings don't need to be realistic. It's just like having impossibly big breasts or big heads. Besides, she's an angel she has to **** every day?
Just because other people also exaggerate too much doesn't make it ok. And "stylized" or not, many of the characters go too far, Morgana being one of them.

Drakojan

12-28-2012

Did you just say you don't like Evelynn? She's basically naked, and shes the best champion ever.

Fraxotic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

and i thought this was a game :O

anyways, i agree that certain champs and their skins do need a visual upgrade.

Gatvin

12-29-2012

Hikari L. appears to be critiquing from a purely aesthetic, not realist standpoint. Which is fine, particularly when dealing with fantasy games.

A good counterpoint to this view can be seen here:
(being a website that critiques drawings of the human figure there may be material on here that is not safe for public viewing)
http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/

I note that you didn't critique any of the non-female champions. =P

Pvt Ryan

12-31-2012

This is quite the breath of fresh air. I take one look on the Art and Audio Feedback forums and all I see are some hormone-enraged people complaining that Riot designers are a bunch of egotistical pervs. Great to see that someone appreciates the work Riot does and has constructive criticism. Seriously, those threads that are nothing but a few people complaining get tons and tons of views and posts, but this, a well-reasoned critique of Riot's art style gets only one page of posts? Pathetic.
Anyway, an on-topic question: Considering you like Lux's new Classic Splash art so much, how do you think the Steel Legion skin is progressing. While the splash art for it isn't done, I feel like you could put down a valid opinion on it.