Champ creation: Ebonmaw the Dragon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rakaydos

12-30-2012

So, a true tank would have a lot more CC than I really think we can justify on this kit, which makes Bruiser/Tanky AP the best approach

With that said, some rough numbers on a revised kit:

Passive: Wings of Terror- When out of Combat for 2 seconds, Ebonmaw gains the Soar buff, granting +30% Movespeed (base movespeed is ridiculisly low without it) Minionwalk, and a 30-200 point shield (1.0 AP). If the shield is broken, the Soar buff is lost.

Q: Fangs of the Elder: melee range, tiny (100-150 range) gap closer (at high speed- the impression should be of a striking snake), does X magic damage (Plus Y AP ratio) with the same as a magic Poison DoT. over 5 seconds. Heals Ebonmaw for 80% of the initial damage dealt

W: Boost of Speed. Active: Gain Soar if you do not already have it, and Dash X distance. Gain 50% Damage reduction from attacks from behind (see cassiopia ult code) and cannot be slowed for Y seconds

E: Roar of the Destroyer- Silencing champs andd fearing minions for 1.0- 2.5 seconds.

R: The Hellfire of Ebonmaw: Toggle, AoE template, dealing damage every quarter second, that is pointed toward the curser, adjusting aim as the cursor moves, even while Ebonmaw is moving in other directions. (graphic has Ebonmaw flaming over his shoulder if necessary. Attack has a high mana cost per second, and slows Ebonmaw by 20% while active. A half second startup time, 5 second cooldown after toggling off.

Tael Zenith

12-30-2012

This is awesome! Way to take something established in league and take it too the next level!

I definitely like the reinvisioning more then the Carry dragon aspect; I don't think its quite there yet, though.

I love the passive! Way to really make Ebonmaw feel like he is flying over Summoner's Rift! (Also; Minionwalk! Haha, someone plays Magic!)

I would suggest a couple things for consideration, if I may;

He still doesn't have much CC; just the silence on the E; so a slow on the R might be worth looking into. Damage every half second should probably suffice, with an AP ratio; maybe even a hybrid ratio of AD + AP!

The E may need some damage; but that depends on the damage of the Q and the auto attack.
Lastly, and I admit bias, I would like an AD scale off the Q more than the AP scale; we have a few AP brusiers already, and I don't really want another :-/

I think that is all I have for you at this time; Hope I'm helpful!

Rakaydos

12-31-2012

I aimed the abilities for a tanky AP build, as that worked best with both the scaling on his passive, (to avoid being knocked out of the air) and the shift of the Ebonmaw Simralacum's flame autoattack (in Twisted Treeline), to the REAL Ebonmaw's Ultimate ability that has laid waste to entire outlying suburbs of Zaun.
However, though I disagree with giving the E I have above a damage value, making it a CC+Steroid is an interesting alterntive- either AS, AD, or even an AP steroid.

Also, I'm thinking of shifting Hellfire from being a toggle, to a hold-and-release, with a maximum duration of, oh, 5 seconds... with only a 3-4 second cooldown. The reason for damage in quarter second increments, however, is because of it's aimability- being able to firehose down a lane whith what is essentially an ultimate version of Rumble's Flamespitter.

Tael Zenith

12-31-2012

Ack! I apologize I wasn't as clear as I could have been, I was in a bit of a hurry; I was imagining having 2 abilities on AP and 2 on AD so either build is viable; even a crazy expensive hybrid build if you get fed !

Im still a bit confused as to how the .25 vs .50 damage ticks will stack up to be different; is that just so you theoretically waste less damage if you properly aim it?

Ability Power and/or Attack Damage steroid on the E is an excellent idea! I also had the idea of making it lower the CD's of his other abilities on cast; helping him get the most out of his shiny free AP/AD!

Edit: Oh, and I figure you might as well have it toggle for his ulti; no one is going to want to unhold it just for it be go on CD for longer than you used it; if your timing was bad. But then again, it could help raise the skill cap so we could give it better scaling. Food for thought!

Also, I'm getting so caught up in reviewing other peoples champs that I forgot to beg you to check out mine xD! If you have a few moments, please check out Catherine, the Demacian Cataphract!

Rakaydos

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael Zenith View Post
Ack! I apologize I wasn't as clear as I could have been, I was in a bit of a hurry; I was imagining having 2 abilities on AP and 2 on AD so either build is viable; even a crazy expensive hybrid build if you get fed !

Im still a bit confused as to how the .25 vs .50 damage ticks will stack up to be different; is that just so you theoretically waste less damage if you properly aim it?

Ability Power and/or Attack Damage steroid on the E is an excellent idea! I also had the idea of making it lower the CD's of his other abilities on cast; helping him get the most out of his shiny free AP/AD!

Edit: Oh, and I figure you might as well have it toggle for his ulti; no one is going to want to unhold it just for it be go on CD for longer than you used it; if your timing was bad. But then again, it could help raise the skill cap so we could give it better scaling. Food for thought!

Also, I'm getting so caught up in reviewing other peoples champs that I forgot to beg you to check out mine xD! If you have a few moments, please check out Catherine, the Demacian Cataphract!
Actually, the quarter second ticks are so you waste MORE damage if you try to be fancy- If it's only half second intervals, it "only" takes 120 APM to wait for a tic, move your cursor, click on a new movement target, and get the flame back on target before the next tick, getting full damage while kiting with only a self inflicted slow that can be canceled with a Rylays.
However, to make the math easy, the tooltip measures the raw Damage per Second

So, you suggest making Q scale off AD, and then making E an AD steroid? That would give the kit for internal synergy even without actually building for AD. Of course, his Q would be an autoattack reset.

Lore wise, I think it's time for another involuntary addition to the league. The Terror of Zaun is captured, bound with an enchanted collar to limit his power, and forced to fight in the league. in the lore, they explain the difference between the simulacrums of him, Vilemaw and Nashor, and the real deal, and how the process falls apart when they only have fragmentary reports from survivors to work from- the Real ebonmaw turned out to be far more powerful, before restrained.

Rakaydos

12-31-2012

Bumping to the top for more comments and critiques.

zelmawizard

12-31-2012

i believe his ulti active should be likea flame thrower or runbles flame spitter except its canneled like miss f's ulti and your mana is instead, fury
(like tryn) and u only getthe fury into ad when ur lvl 6 and fury eventually cools down( like rumble) and this is my other opinions:
passive, i find this good because dragons should be like this and his ms should increase by 12%?
q has many parts to it which i think should be reduced but not bad
w maybe after the roll the as should be 25%
e fine
r up there

+i would like to see him battle the dragon in summoners rift

3mptylord

01-01-2013

Why not use his official title, "the Terror of Zaun"? "The Dragon" is so meh.

Using both Fury and Soar seems a bit overdone. Maybe streamline him a little?

Wings of Terror:
If Ebonmaw has not taken damage in the last 3 seconds from an enemy champion or turret, he will begin accumulating Lift/Fury/Soar/Momentum at a rate of 10 per second, that increases to a rate of 20 per second after 2.5 seconds. Lift starts at 0 and caps at 100. Ebonmaw gains 1 bonus movement speed for every point of Lift. Taking damage from single target, non-periodic abilities or basic attacks will cause Ebonmaw to lose 10 Lift.

His ultimate would then grant Lift, instead of Rage. Although... as an ultimate, it seems a little... weak? Tryndamere's Bloodlust grants him AD based on his missing health; and his passive grants him Critical Strike Chance based on his Fury. Ebonmaw's ultimate just seems lackluster.

Perhaps, Uplift:
Ebonmaw instantly generates 40 / 70 / 100 Lift and gains the ability to ignore terrain collision. The ability to ignore terrain collision lasts until Ebonmaw's Lift is fully depleted. (I'm going to stress that--currently--Lift does NOT deplete naturally - only when Ebonmaw takes damage)

He should have a directional damage ability/trail and his core theme should be area of denial/swooping around team fights stopping people from leaving. His damage should be largely/entirely untargetted (similar to Singed), and encourages positioning. Perhaps even have a flamespitter that uses Evelynn's Hate Spike's auto-targeting.

Embers: For the next 5 seconds, Ebonmaw unleashes a torrent of fire that damages enemies caught in its path. Embers will first prioritize Ebonmaw's most recent attack target. If Ebonmaw has not attacked a unit, Embers will target low health units - prioritizing champions over minions. Embers is limited to a 225* cone.

In case that isn't obvious: attack target > low health champions > high health champions > low health minions > high health minions. It basically draws a trail in front of Ebonmaw, instead of leaving a trail behind him. The auto-targetting is for the same reason as Evelynn's Hate Spike - Evelynn and Ebonmaw are both encouraged to keep moving, and it's nigh-impossible to target a skill and move at the same time. You will probably see Evelynn's who just run alongside you, while Q does all the work. If Evelynn had to put her cursor over you to cast the skill: she would keep stopping (even on smart cast).

P.S. If you like my ideas, I feel he should be melee. His kit has very obvious strengths (exception mobility and area damage) - so I think he needs a very strong weakness, he is a melee attacker (it puts him in danger of losing Uplift's bonus).

EDIT: You've inspired me to create this champion - because, frankly, everything I just wrote sounds awesome. I'll credit you for inspiring me, of course. You can see my progress here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...Terror_of_Zaun.

Dzanio

01-01-2013

Passive: I would increase the amount of time you have to be out of combat significantly (due to the shield; would be fine if it were just MS), Malphite (whose shield starts off around 40-50) has to wait 10 seconds without taking any form of damage between shield refreshes. Considering the 1.0 AP scaling on this you would start off with at least a 42 health shield. Also, in order for Malphite's shield to equal a pure AP build from Ebonmaw, he would have to have 8000 base health, which is impossible.

Q: You have MS from your passive, you don't need a gap closer on this. The health regen % is too high for a tier 2 Ult. I honestly think you should just make this a damage ability.

W: Gain soar = gain huge health shield + huge MS boost for free. Second dash of your champion and we're on the second active. 50% damage reduction is an existing tier 1 ultimate (yes I realize it's directional, no this doesn't balance it). Cannot be slowed is yet another ultimate. So far 3 ults, 2 actives; rather impressive (sarcasm).

E: So a mix of Voli's Majestic Roar w/ Cho's w. Finally a balanced ability.

R: I don't think the drag should have movement while breathing fire. Seems OP. I'd make this a channel. It took riot forever to fix Rumble's Q, so making an ult version of it would be glitchy, but that would be my second suggestion for how this should work. Yet a third would be something akin to Shyv's burnout.

Rakaydos

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Passive: I would increase the amount of time you have to be out of combat significantly (due to the shield; would be fine if it were just MS), Malphite (whose shield starts off around 40-50) has to wait 10 seconds without taking any form of damage between shield refreshes. Considering the 1.0 AP scaling on this you would start off with at least a 42 health shield. Also, in order for Malphite's shield to equal a pure AP build from Ebonmaw, he would have to have 8000 base health, which is impossible.

Q: You have MS from your passive, you don't need a gap closer on this. The health regen % is too high for a tier 2 Ult. I honestly think you should just make this a damage ability.

W: Gain soar = gain huge health shield + huge MS boost for free. Second dash of your champion and we're on the second active. 50% damage reduction is an existing tier 1 ultimate (yes I realize it's directional, no this doesn't balance it). Cannot be slowed is yet another ultimate. So far 3 ults, 2 actives; rather impressive (sarcasm).

E: So a mix of Voli's Majestic Roar w/ Cho's w. Finally a balanced ability.

R: I don't think the drag should have movement while breathing fire. Seems OP. I'd make this a channel. It took riot forever to fix Rumble's Q, so making an ult version of it would be glitchy, but that would be my second suggestion for how this should work. Yet a third would be something akin to Shyv's burnout.
Hmm. Alternatively, I could make Soar purely a product of his W, with no regard to combat at all- and give his W a 10+ second cooldown. That does leave his passive empty, but make it so he cant reuse his shield too often in a poking match. The damae reduction can go- you compare it to an ultimate, but I was thinking a weaker version of Vlad or Fizz's Troll Pool/Pole.

While I'd rather play with the AP ratio of the shield to balance it, keep in mind that Malphite's shield scaled directly off a defensive stat, whereas I'm aiming for a less permanant version of Jax's passive, that while it can be refreshed, comes with punishing penalties for being lost (loss of Soar with a lower base movespeed than even Alistar)

For Q, as I mention, the "gap closer" is mostly animation, but if it's a problem it can be made to be =entirely= animation. As for the lifesteal, I was looking at Warwick's Q without the % damage base, but getting a poison status that would increase the dread of fighting a notorious dragon.

As for the ultimate, I suppose a channel would work, but it does love a lot of the flexibility I was going for.