Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


League of Legends Anime

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Neon Strike Vi:
That's not Anime rofl.

Goddammit.

Anime = Japanese for ANIMATION

Any form of animation is anime.

Anime is not a goddamn style either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PKMN RK9

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Ya know, at first when I first tried watching this I thought it was really bad, but after watching it it's not that bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cazcappy

Senior Member

12-26-2012

been watching it again straight through all night.

just got to the part season 2 episode 2 where Ahri taunted Wukong and meowed "nyan".

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoènix

Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Gespens:
Goddammit.

Anime = Japanese for ANIMATION

Any form of animation is anime.

Anime is not a goddamn style either.


Wait, a JAPANESE word for a JAPANESE product is not specific to JAPANESE produce?

You're a moron. Think before you write.

EDIT: Anime does actually refer to japanese cartoons FYI, when they are meaning to talk about western cartoons, they SAY CARTOON.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Pure Phoènix:
Wait, a JAPANESE word for a JAPANESE product is not specific to JAPANESE produce?

You're a moron. Think before you write.

EDIT: Anime does actually refer to japanese cartoons FYI, when they are meaning to talk about western cartoons, they SAY CARTOON.

Nope.

Anime = アニメ = shortened version of アニメーション = Animation

Just like how toon = shortened version of cartoon = slang for animated movies/shows

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art4260.asp

anime is a blanket term. Manga = Japanese word for Comics. the convention Comiket is combined from comic market, yet what is sold there are 'Fanzines' or 'doujinshi.'

When an anime is set in an English speaking location, they refer to cartoons as 'anime' and comics as 'manga.'

EDIT: The only times they use specific words for different locations, are when it comes to Korea's manga, where they use the Korean word for such, 'manwha.'


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aevumus

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Pure Phoènix:
Wait, a JAPANESE word for a JAPANESE product is not specific to JAPANESE produce?

You're a moron. Think before you write.

EDIT: Anime does actually refer to japanese cartoons FYI, when they are meaning to talk about western cartoons, they SAY CARTOON.

Anime, Cartoon... This is neither.

Also, it's Chinese, bro.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Aevumus:
Anime, Cartoon... This is neither.

Also, it's Chinese, bro.

It is both.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aevumus

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Gespens:
It is both.

As you stated the Japanese concept of Anime is not simply a shortened form of animation, it is in reference to a specific style.

Also, Cartoon is derived from Caricature (Stylized in an exaggerated and out-of-proportion way), and is more a shortened form of an Animated Caricature than as you term it 'slang for animated [media]'
This is more of a realistic style, so I definitely wouldn't count it as such.

If anything, LalalaDemacia is a 3d/CGI Animation. Neither of the above.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirtysanchez1

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Gespens:
Goddammit.

Anime = Japanese for ANIMATION

Any form of animation is anime.

Anime is not a goddamn style either.

Anime is not a style but it's a reference to Japanese cartoon content. Anime includes all forms of animation, including CGI. Naruto is an anime because it's a cartoon produced in Japan. Panty & Stocking with Gaterbelt is an anime despite not having adopting common manga styled drawings. Avatar: The Last Air Bender is not an anime because it's made in North America even though it uses the manga style. LaLaLaDemacia is not anime because it's Korean.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Aevumus:
As you stated the Japanese concept of Anime is not simply a shortened form of animation, it is in reference to a specific style.

Also, Cartoon is derived from Caricature (Stylized in an exaggerated and out-of-proportion way), and is more a shortened form of an Animated Caricature than as you term it 'slang for animated [media]'
This is more of a realistic style, so I definitely wouldn't count it as such.

If anything, LalalaDemacia is a 3d/CGI Animation. Neither of the above.

That is the exact opposite of what I said.

And even then, there are Japanese 3D/CGI films that are considered anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Monster_X-Evolution

Case in point.