Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE patch take so long to finish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoona Ah

12-25-2012

I have waited for more than an hour waiting for this patch to finish. It is my first time patching. The timers for the estimated time left are messed up so I have no idea how long I need to wait. At times it shows a 99% complete download, but it goes back to 33% a lot of times. What is going on?

The file that is currently being patched is BIN_0x00000000. How much longer do I need to wait? This patch is WAY longer than the patch for the NA server.

Bidorr the Great

12-25-2012

You should probably check your internet or something... or try reloading the client...

Cuz I don't think there's a new patch out today. So unless you haven't opened PBE since the patch last week, there might be something else wrong

Etherdreamer

12-26-2012

you already try close and reopen the client with eh Admin launcher?

I just open the PBE and is not running downloads. Is already updated.

Bidorr the Great

12-26-2012

I was gonna say, in the past when I was loading the patcher and my internet connection died somewhere between when I opened the patcher and the patcher actually loaded (when it highlights the "Play" option) the patcher has acted like it was in the process of downloading something, and remained stuck in that process until I fixed the connection AND reloaded the patcher.

Also, if you have both the PBE client and your live (NA, EUW, etc) client installed on the same machine, and you're switching between clients, always make sure to right-click and select "Run as Administrator" for the client you're switching to. This is what Etherdreamer meant by "Admin launcher"

oheyitsBrian

Recruiter

03-23-2013

Maybe something's wrong with the servers...

I'm having the same problem.

Chode Maestro

05-10-2013

Quote:
Yoona Ah:
I have waited for more than an hour waiting for this patch to finish. It is my first time patching. The timers for the estimated time left are messed up so I have no idea how long I need to wait. At times it shows a 99% complete download, but it goes back to 33% a lot of times. What is going on?

The file that is currently being patched is BIN_0x00000000. How much longer do I need to wait? This patch is WAY longer than the patch for the NA server.

same thing happens for me idk what the problem is.

silentgiggles

07-11-2013

same thing here
except mine patches for days sometimes. theres nothing wrong with my internet i can patch any other game with no problem. its only the league pbe that seems to be this damn slow.

silentgiggles

07-11-2013

Quote:
Yoona Ah:

yeah ive been sitting at this BIN_0x00000000 for over two hours.