Would you like this?

Yes? 14 70.00%
No? 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Queue for position

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tramplehaste

12-25-2012

Ok, playing recently, i see there are many people who just don't try if they do not get the position they want. and i think that having a queue for what you want to play would be very helpful. I realize there wouldn't be many supports but maybe have a seperate mode where you can queue like that. I also realize this has probably been posted before and i see why. But if this is taken into consideration I would like to see it in the future,

tramplehaste.

PP Glaurung

12-25-2012

`bump

The Spell Weaver

12-25-2012

Would love this.

Make it like the poll options where you can select more then one or all and it will tell you what you get when you get into a match.

This will let people that only want to play 1 or 2 roles get in as those roles but have to wait a little longer, and the people that are more flexible still have a low queue time.

tramplehaste

12-25-2012

just now realizing, i should've posted this in general discussion, sorry about that

SoiledBatwing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

This has been addressed over and over and over.....and posted over and over and over.....

This would permanently set the meta. Riot doesn't want to do that, nor should they. If we set the meta in hard stone, it would cause the game to stagnate. New team compositions would be harder to develop, as would new strategies. The meta changes over time, and the best players are the ones who change it. Try asking one of the top players or streamers what they think of this idea, see what they say.

Zlain

12-25-2012

queing by lane (top mid bot jungle) instead of "adc" would be better, people would still essentially be able to make a meta of whatever and then be expected to play the given characters for that lane in the current meta.

Zlain

12-25-2012

Queing by lane would allow the system to adjust through player use to the meta is what i'm saying.

tramplehaste

12-25-2012

That would be nice.

Boagster

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain View Post
Queing by lane would allow the system to adjust through player use to the meta is what i'm saying.
But what's to stop someone who queued for bottom from walking into mid, top or jungle and staying there?

The idea is fundamentally flawed. It would have high potential for increasing waiting times while reducing the likelihood of communication during champion select. It would encourage the current style of play, even with just choosing lanes (not roles), as that would encourage the community to continue enforcing the illusion that certain lanes require certain champs (hint: top and bottom lane are identical other than nearby objectives, and mid is just a little shorter).

The fact that you have to discuss things with other players immediately breaks the ice for your team. If people are willing to talk about roles, awesome, you are now already in a great position with your team, simply because you established communications. If someone gets over-emotional about roles, do you really want to play with that player? It's probably going to be a poor experience for you, win or lose. I make it a rule to dodge if someone is being childish over the lane situation (I make a point to fill empty roles myself, so lane position is meaningless to me). I rarely dodge more than twice a week. The mature vastly outweigh the immature.

It also adds a possible new style of troll. Troll picks Top, goes Morde and tells everyone he's going Mid in pre-game chat. If the person who got Mid then picks something else, he potentially could get reported for not sticking to his lane, when it's impossible to tell that Morde forced him out of lane. But if Mid ends up going Mid, he's setting his team behind.

TL;DR: The current system encourages teamwork. The proposed system, which has been shut down many-a-time (and indirectly by Riot not wanting to encourage "the meta"), would see the end of a system that encourages communication amongst teammates, while possibly adding more trolling options.

PS: More people need to use the search function.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-25-2012

Merry Christmas.