Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Evelynn nerfs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaostormHD

12-25-2012

I haven't had the chance to test out the Evelynn nerfs, I was wondering what you guys thought? I just recently started playing her in the mid lane, from what I can tell her laning phase is alright, I find that most common match ups she does "alright" in lane without help from jungler, but she excels in the roaming department! Out of laning phase she is great! Great burst from her ult , tons of movement speed for kiting and chasing. Not trying to QQ or anything i'm just curious how this nerf will affect her, replies are appreciated!

Ps. Tried to find a thread on her already but I could not find one.

NEW UPDATE:
Evelynn
Hate Spike's ( Q ) AP and AD ratio increased to .45 AP and .45 AD from .40 AP and .40 AP ( This is now back to what it is on live servers )
Agony's Embrace ( R ) cooldown increased to 160/120/80 from 120/90/60.
Agony's Embrace ( R ) changed to % of Current health from % of Max Health

oh god, 40 second increase at level 6? 30 second at 11 and 20 second increase at level 16? % from current health? The ult is going to tickle now. What do you think?

KesslerCOIL

12-26-2012

She's become even more focused on her DFG + Ult combo because her Q now takes roughly 3 more hits to kill an enemy champion, she's also insanely squishy now and cant jungle because of it.
I have no clue why they nerfed her AD Scaling on her Q, if anything it needed a buff since AD Evelynn has half the damage of AP.

CurryKingthe1st

Recruiter

12-26-2012

So they just made Evelynn useless again??

Adrian Umbra

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
CurryKingthe1st:
So they just made Evelynn useless again??

No, just harder to use.

Elric Sadricson

12-27-2012

3 more hate spikes on average to kill a squishy and many more to kill a non-squishy is not harder to use, that is unplayable. try to lane as evelynn and never leave your lane, just farm and fight the mid champ, see how it goes, even currently without nerfs, she's unable to win most 1v1 matches, she only takes the lead after she's started roaming and picks up kills and assists. Sure a 4-0-3 evelynn can do well against most mid champs who're 0-0-0 but that's b/c she has 4 kills and 3 assists...... at 0-0-0 she has a hard time 1v1ing any other mid laner, the massive nerfs to her base hp, her hp per level, her Q dmg and also her E dmg are insane.

This nerf puts her back into the dark cave she resided in so long, the cave we call unplayability, or at least unviability.

If anything Riot should have just nerfed her W or something, anything to make it harder for her to roam so quickly, that's the problem, not her damage, her damage only becomes insane after she's become very fed, which happens because of her insane roaming abilities.

ChaostormHD

12-27-2012

With the sounds of it, I guess I will retire her early lol...

Kemando

12-27-2012

I didn't really find her very viable after the last nerf, and now they're making her even MORE useless? I don't understand why they went through the trouble of reworking her, when they just nerf her out of playability again.

Maeyu

12-28-2012

Have all her skins and useless... again soon.. She's terrible now.

DO a quick combo and you move out because you're more squishy than ever... You actually will probably see Eves die in 2-3 hits, again.

Seriously though... them nerfing AD was the most STUPID thing I've seen.. she is rarely played AD for a reason... and of course.. there's no reason behind that nerf. This is so stupid. At least I had my remake for a little while.

ChaostormHD

12-28-2012

I really do not have that much knowledge on playing Evelynn, just started playing her, but I really want to know riots thought process on the nerf? I also wonder if this will go through, because it sounds like people are not happy about it.

Kavrae

12-31-2012

Quote:
Elric Sadricson:
3 more hate spikes on average to kill a squishy and many more to kill a non-squishy is not harder to use, that is unplayable. try to lane as evelynn and never leave your lane, just farm and fight the mid champ, see how it goes, even currently without nerfs, she's unable to win most 1v1 matches, she only takes the lead after she's started roaming and picks up kills and assists. Sure a 4-0-3 evelynn can do well against most mid champs who're 0-0-0 but that's b/c she has 4 kills and 3 assists...... at 0-0-0 she has a hard time 1v1ing any other mid laner, the massive nerfs to her base hp, her hp per level, her Q dmg and also her E dmg are insane.

This nerf puts her back into the dark cave she resided in so long, the cave we call unplayability, or at least unviability.

If anything Riot should have just nerfed her W or something, anything to make it harder for her to roam so quickly, that's the problem, not her damage, her damage only becomes insane after she's become very fed, which happens because of her insane roaming abilities.

My thought on this is to stick to her strengths. Maybe they intend for her to be a roamer that can't go 1v1. Think in terms of classic gaming: would a rogue EVER win a face-to-face fight with a wizard or fighter? Hell no. Does that mean rogues are useless? Second level of hell no.