Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LifeSteal Quints in S3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Jade Fist

12-25-2012

Well, wasn't sure where to post this, cause its kinda related to both new items of season and masteries and old runes.

So given the fact that the life steal is gone from the attack tree mastery. I've felt i've really been missing the life steal, even if it wasn't very much, I find myself lower on hp just from minions now days with out regening anything back. Dorans blade doesn't do life steal any more, it has that 5 hp per shot back which I kinda like better early on. But life steal as a whole is just more expensive now, along with what feels like lower regen rates.

I'm wondering is it worth giving up my 9 armor pen or crit for 6% life steal from the quints. Now i'm looking more at bruisers/ adc carries for this. The biggest thing holding me back from playing around with it is well, its 2k IP per life steal quint, 3 of those is basically a 6300 champ or a 3rd rune page.

Any thoughts? Or any one who has switched to the life steal quints and feel it was or wasn't worth the loss of what ever quint they normally favored before?

RaleonNightShado

12-25-2012

I can only imagine from all of the posts about the pricing/mastery changes that Riot believed Lifesteal was in the wrong place in the mastery tree. It's a sustain function in lanes/jungle if you will, and completely is a matter of utility in that regard.
I think that having both lifesteal and spellvamp on the same mastery is particularly beneficial to AP bruisers in general, as it gives you returns from both your abilities and the autoattacks. It makes you choose whether to be a burst-damage or sustain concept for your build.
With that said, it seems like some champs can ONLY jungle now with those 3 lifesteal quints in... and it makes any top laner worth his salt a nightmare to lane against (read jax/panth)

Personally, I don't feel like I wasted IP on them, I just feel like they're only useful for specific champs in specific roles, and it's rough to have them on your rune pages and then try to solo q. :P

The Jade Fist

12-26-2012

Thank you for your response. I guess, I'll start saving up for them after i buy another rune page for them.

DotAliscious

05-09-2013

I agree with RaleonNightShado. On some champions it is really nice, but freeing up the space in your rune pages is tough. I'm glad I was able to grab 2 rune pages for the price of one a little while back. I'm only a Silver 2/3 player, but I feel that on ADC's, auto-attack junglers without innate sustain and some top laners it is worth it.

If you like ARAM then these are a must for when you get AD carries. The 6% lifesteal is enough that you can rush something more damage heavy instead of being locked in to buying a big lifesteal item.

Magus Crow

05-09-2013

Quite a few higher level players are running lifesteal quints plus opening with a Doran's Blade on their ADC if they are going to be playing aggressively early. The sustain off of that combo is pretty nice in the early goings and it can get you through some all in battles pretty well.

Sephïroth

05-10-2013

Riot really screwed up the Lifesteal/Spellvamp deal and it was a stupid idea to put it there. That aside;

I run Lifesteal quints on all of my ADCs as 6% Lifesteal is ridiculously hard to fight against if you start with a Doran's Blade and have a sustain lane or start a Long Sword with a Pot. Once you do get a Vamp Scepter you're healing 16% of your AD.

I would, however, had a dedicated Rune Page for Flat AD only as if you're going to be in a very aggressive lane the Lifesteal will be less effective at killing your opponent. Most of the time, you will be trading until someone gets low. If you're trading: Lifesteal is amazing because each last hit you do heals you roughly 6 at level one, if you grabbed a Dorans it heals you 9. Then at level 6 you're probably at around 100 AD Healing even more per hit.

I actually ran this in Season two and would grab 2 dorans blades and have 12% Lifesteal and just go for an IE cause I could sustain all day long like that.

In the end, though, its personal preference. For the passive farmer, Lifesteal is amazing. For the aggressive kill taker, AD is the way to go.

As far as AD Junglers: I feel its a must for champions like Fiora/Vi. I love it on Vi, I can never go back until I want to buy if I so choose running Lifesteal on her.

Rennihe

05-14-2013

Granted that im not an awesome player but i use my Lifesteal on every ADC and Jungle and most tops (AD).

Danica1708

05-15-2013

Depends ont he champion you want to play. They're good on ADC's generally as it gives you better lane sustain (3 quitns almost equals a Vampiric Scepter lifesteal wise) and let's you get a bit more back. If you want to get them, go for it, they're worth it on the right champions (think Ashe and Nasus in particular) while Armor Pen may be better on others, or flat AD on others. It depends on the champion, your play style, and what exactly you want out of your quints.

Pobbes

05-15-2013

Just my advice, but i mix ad and armor pen reds with 2 lifesteal quints and one ad quint. If i remember correctly, 5 ar pen reds gets you 4 armor pen, that leaves 4 ad reds and with an ad quint it gives you a flat 11 damage, and the lifesteal gives you 4%. It's is a solid mix that serves me well in the jungle or the lane.