Allied Creep Collision Detection.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmperialGoddess

12-25-2012

That's why I usually play Jayce. His passive allows him to pass through minions.

NepotisM

12-25-2012

the pathing system in LOL is different than in dota, where as you can directly enter in contact with the minion and blocking his path.

In lol, the minions easely go through you when you block them, however when you target his way 1inch ahead of him he will alrdy try to evade you, and cause problem with pathing, and with stationary minions, when you happen to be where the minion has to go, even if its .1 inch it will bug you a little bit.

i have found through this how to effectively slow down the first minion and have all 3 atk at the same time, thus clearing my lane much faster. and turret denying.

Ick

12-25-2012

I was playing Sona when a fight broke out bot lane. We were chasing when I got pinned to the wall by three enemy minions aggroing me. Literally could not move an inch, and had to sit there stupidly autoing them until the enemy came around like 15 seconds later and killed me. :/

Raptamei

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I believe our engineers have found the cause of the "stuck on creeps" bug and are fixing it. It's a Christmas miracle!
So basically creep blocking (a feature in Dota 2) is seen as a bug here? Did the community consider avoiding creeps too hard?

Best Feeder EU

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken Easley View Post
The way I see it, creep collision is another "RNG"-like symptom in this game.

Sometimes you walk through the minions when chasing, sometimes you get hung up for 20 minutes and it costs you a kill or you die because of it.

It's random when it happens.

We don't like random.

Why should we like collision?

Conclusion : We shouldn't.

Solution : Remove it.

I know there's going to be some kind of "No!" blowback by the lesser creatures in the community, but that's just the way things should work.

When someone can come up with a reasonable excuse to keep this in the game, then I might need to come up with a more reasonable rebuttal other than "It's stupid."
Removing creep collision is not the way to go. Fixing the spastic RNG elements are ok, but making creep collision a thing of the past would ruin the game. Just think, now every time someone has to run away from a gank, now they don't have to worry about their own positioning, they just have to right click to there tower, get a cup of tea, and hope for the best. It ruins the best positioning and juking elements of the game. MOBAs have had creep collision since the dawn of Warcraft, it's vital to how the game works. Especially one that is more action based like LoL. Also, Fizz' passive would have to be change, and ghost (my favorite summoner) would be useless.

Dunal

12-25-2012

Quote:
Who?
Since when was Karma involved in this discussion? Stay on topic, dude.

Goober

12-25-2012

Quote:
I believe our engineers have found the cause of the "stuck on creeps" bug and are fixing it. It's a Festivus miracle!
ftfy

Rumuwi

12-25-2012

Quote:
Who?
I think he meant Draaaaaven

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

Quote:
I believe our engineers have found the cause of the "stuck on creeps" bug and are fixing it. It's a Christmas miracle!
I really want to know what the bug was.
After a certain patch [a good amount of time ago] this started happening, and it's been really annoying.

Nevadia

12-25-2012

my movement speed: 430
creep movement speed: 350

cannot seem to out run creeps, forever trapped and has to manual walk around it =_=