Why isn't Urgot treated like a tanky support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RuneKatashima

12-03-2013

Just curious. I'm open to be enlightened.

His entire kit screams support to me or some kind of tankiness.

He slows, shreds armor, and can displace an enemy. Since it puts him where they were it's probably not a good idea to do that as an adc, but as a tank? Sounds like a fine idea.

RuneKatashima

12-03-2013

Bump for justice.

Plastic Jesus

12-03-2013

I've tried it before, it worked well for a while
I don't know how the mastery changes have affected it

AstralWarriorX

12-03-2013

Garen will be here soon if you want SWIFT JUSTICE.

RuneKatashima

12-03-2013

It also seems like a great tool to force an enemy in to turret fire.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2013

I usually played him tanky/adc...

Would start with a tear because omg his mana issues...then get brutalizer...then finish manamune if we were ahead, or start my tankiness early (FH, GA, etc) if we were even/behind.

Displacing an enemy means nothing if you die the instant you switch places.

His locked on Q is punishing early game though, so I've always tried to supplement it until midgame where his damage kinda falls off.

QueenOfErrthang

12-03-2013

Falls off too hard too fast. He stops dealing good damage and then you have an awkward off-tank with only his ult for utility (which is only good if your team is super organized/smart) where you could have someone like Leona who will be more useful at every stage of the game.

Arrevax

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuneKatashima View Post
Just curious. I'm open to be enlightened.

His entire kit screams support to me or some kind of tankiness.

He slows, shreds armor, and can displace an enemy. Since it puts him where they were it's probably not a good idea to do that as an adc, but as a tank? Sounds like a fine idea.
He isn't a very good tank, and he tends to do better overall with damage than support items (like most champions). If an Urgot manages to rush a Bloodthirster , he's almost guaranteed to kill any squishy he lands an E on.
Edit: Oh, I "forgot" we're not in season 2, before Urgot was castrated. Do whatever you want with him- he'll likely be bad at it, whatever it is. I'd say he can't be a support because his CC is too weak (a minor slow requiring him to spend mana on at least 2 abilities, and a displacement that requires him to be nearly in melee range, and a passive that only gets applied on AA's and Q's- meaning it basically only gets applied to one target at a time because of its low duration and his slow autoattacks/Q CD). Support Urgot would need Manamune just as much as regular Urgot to be able to use his Q more than half a dozen times in a row (that's not counting the cost of shooting off E to make sure your Q has decent range, and your W to slow down the enemy)- few supports can/will build Manamune. Taric doesn't really need to stack mana now that he's been changed again; Soraka would be better with Seraph's Embrace now that she has a max mana ratio.
TL;DR: Urgot is still overnerfed and there are plenty of better support options.

GangstaGehard

12-03-2013

Because he was kicking too much ass before this meta.

RuneKatashima

12-03-2013

I don't see why he can't tank. We make Nocturne tank and he has no tank stats.