Ip To Rp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laostaz

12-25-2012

Some people have al ot of IP but don't know what to spend it on! Some people want skins but cant be Bothered wasting money to buy RP. So i'm just suggesting that you should make ip to rp (e.g 5 IP equal up to 1 RP) Because some people want to buy skins!

Arrivedercii

12-25-2012

no

Descent

12-25-2012

you can always buy more runes

HlERO

12-25-2012

If they did this, it would have to be like 25 IP for 1 RP.

Undtoromeso

12-25-2012

I would accept this if it was more like 5000 IP = 1 RP. Players who have everything should get skins free if they're still playing and earning wasted IP. Yes, there will be new content(less now, less wasted since champs are dropping IP prices), no 7800 IP on new champion week is not 78000 IP in your pocket.

Luffy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

if riot does this they dont get as much income as before.

Jryiah

12-25-2012

No, you have to spend real money to get skins.

LoL has to make money somehow, be grateful the only content unreachable to the free players is skins. It could be a lot worse, but the only difference from paying to play is cosmetic looks and maybe earlier access to different champions.

But this game is completely free 100% if you want it to be. Not many other free to play games can make that claim.

Also, you cant drop 10 dollars for a skin? Are you that cheap?? Or your mom wont let you use her credit card?

Inv1cted

12-25-2012

Do you want Riot to pay the bills by converting ip to money as well. Aside from relying on people's inability to wait to by champs with IP so they crack and spend RP the only things you can buy exclusively with RP are cosmetics. The only thing riot can rely on to make them money are cosmetics.

Do you not see why your suggestion is insane?

Undtoromeso

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jryiah View Post
At 1RP/5000IP you don't think they're helping earn that money? They're still participating in the community.... such... as it is. Do you realize how much IP it would take to buy a skin at that rate? Let's say it's on sale for 260 RP. That's 1.3million IP. I think my suggestion was way off the mark.

StrangestEcho

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jryiah View Post

LoL has to make money somehow, be grateful the only content unreachable to the free players is skins. It could be a lot worse, but the only difference from paying to play is cosmetic looks and maybe earlier access to different champions.

But this game is completely free 100% if you want it to be. Not many other free to play games can make that claim.

Also, you cant drop 10 dollars for a skin? Are you that cheap?? Or your mom wont let you use her credit card?
A very good argument can be made that the current cost of LoL skins is absurdly high compared to the rest of the industry. If you spend $50 on the game, you get 7 skins worth of RP for it, and have to manually unlock every champion still by grinding. At the same time you can get an entire game for that much. Compare the production cost of 7 skins to that of the content in a copy of Skyrim...

I don't get how people hold Riot up on a pedestal just because you don't technically have to buy anything (you're just strongly encouraged due to the high grind for new players, better looking champion models, etc.) If they had an option to spend $75, $100, hell even $150 to unlock all the current content in the game I'd be happy and fine with the system, but as is I've spent $100 for a fraction of the game's content, which is absurd and extremely greedy. Anyone who doesn't think that Riot is making a ton of money out of this game is either terribly dim or naive.