Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Your Vi impressions (after 5 days)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undtoromeso

12-25-2012

Quote:
ZenCat:
I feel that she needs her core items more than any other melee or ad carry or bruiser to be viable.

Yes, lategame she can be a monster, but early pre-FM there are many other picks who preform their role much better than her. So sometimes she doesn't get her "lategame" cos the game is decided in the first 10 mins.

I feel otherwise when I bring her to the jungle. Her midgame is pretty crazy strong with minimal gear, late game it's just a matter of keeping momentum, not even snowballing.

coffee addict

12-25-2012

just carried extremely hard with vi

played her top against wukong

basically 1v5'd... her dmg and ult are so strong

build dbl dorans > BC > LW > warmogs

21/9 masteries, AD rune page

enjoy the easy elo

Undtoromeso

12-25-2012

Quote:
Tenmar:
Fun? Yeah I have fun playing her.

Viable in a serious competitive setting? Very doubtful given her current bugs. Ult can't be CC'd yet Lee sin's ult still cancels my ult and puts it on CD. Olaf's ult makes Olaf not take damage. Flash can dodge the damage.

Yeah, I agree with the bugs completely.

Quote:
Tenmar:

Also lack of dynamic abilities and ability to stick to her opponents and a very awkward animation transition after using her E ability that often creates a delay for her next AA even with her W steroid active.

She has the ability to easily itemize just about anything. Boots of Swiftness: MS AND lower her Q's slow%. Frozen Mallet/Fist have strong synergy with her kit, tons of tanky dps items in S3 that fit her. DPS alone? Still fits her. The AA reset on E is a little sluggish, but not as bad as Trundle's Q plus you get the full effect if you hit them with the ranged portion.

Quote:
Tenmar:
Q ability just gives everything away and is too easy to dodge. Also Q and R will always put Vi in a bad position in terms of initiations that often result in losing your fighter first instead of your tank which cuts your teams dmg output.

Q knocks enemies AWAY from you when you land it. I'm not saying it shouldn't be part of your combos, but you're probably using it wrong as a poke-initiate anyway. She's one of the rare melees that actually needs strong positioning, even with FM she practically kites AAs.

She's not even close to being an initiator, more like... supplemental initiate/assassin/lockdown. Malphite jumps in? You jump through them a second time. Very... team reliant as an initiate. You want to chase/gank though and R is unmatched.

Still... need to fix the bugs with her ult. Q is strong in a different way than a gap closer is utility, I think it's perfect. E could be more responsive, but it's also really strong and that slow animation might be a balancing measure.

epaR sbooN

12-25-2012

Quote:
Shiralune:
Slightly weak. She's really, really, really easy to kite.

no that doesnt mean shes weak that means that youre doing wrong stuff she is perfectly balanced on the stronger side.

TheBombshock

12-25-2012

Quote:
Ergheis:
I just one-shot an Orianna with a Fully Charged Q - Autoattack - E - Ultimate - Autoattack - E.

The next time she came up, I missed my Q and then Xin and her ganked me and blew me up.

That's Vi in a nutshell.

Ahem. That's like, 6 shots. :P

Undtoromeso

12-25-2012

Quote:
TheBombshock:
Ahem. That's like, 6 shots. :P

It's been pointed out, but yeah keep bumping. I like good champion discussion threads.

coffee addict

12-25-2012

i see a lot of people in this thread saying she's weak etc well she's not

you just aren't building and playing her properly if you think she's weak

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-25-2012

Some good conversation in this thread.

Some clarity on the intended functionality of her abilities:

Q- Is supposed to refund the CD when cancelled by enemy spells. Currently bugged vs. certain types of crowd control. Also may have a bug where the stun duration on the hit is a tad inconsistent. Will fix these after holidays ASAP.

E- The reason E feels slow is because it doesn't just reset your auto, it also halves your attack frame. This causes the E attack to hit twice as fast, creating a longer space between it and your next attack.
000X00 <---normal attack
0X0000 <---E attack
You're still effectively increasing your number of attacks per second due to the auto reset but I recognize that it FEELS a tad clunky regardless. Will look into ways to make it feel better. Would also need to consult live about this. A faster E would give her a ton of power.

R - Assault and Battery is intended to be UNSTOPPABLE. If you use this on someone they WILL be knocked up unless they go untargetable or become immune to CC. That said, I intentionally made it so people can CC you once you start the uppercut animation (directly after the dash). Any CC applied during this time will take effect but SHOULD NOT cancel the knockup or damage. Example: You ult Ezreal and LeeSin kicks you as you're dunking your target. What should happen is A) you get knocked back and B) Ezreal still gets knocked up and takes damage. If displacement abilities and flash are canceling the ultimate completely they are bugs and will be fixed as soon as the office opens up again. In terms of Olaf and Morg being able to dodge ult damage, this is something I need to bring up with the live team. I feel like they should still take the damage (while of course dodging the CC) but this may be inconsistent with other abilities in our game.

Keep the feedback coming!

aahdin

12-25-2012

cool

One of the things about her that I find really annoying about her is that it feels like her auto or E will start the animation (She'll brace her shoulder back), but then if you click somewhere else to walk off it'll cancel the auto attack.

I end up not using auto attacks fairly often because I clip the timing just a tad if I'm trying to move while attacking. Makes micromanagement on her somewhat clunky feeling.

For most champs it's pretty obvious when an auto is going through, but on vi it seems like it's off by just a tad. A snappier auto would be really nice on her.

coffee addict

12-25-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Some good conversation in this thread.

Some clarity on the intended functionality of her abilities:

Q- Is supposed to refund the CD when cancelled by enemy spells. Currently bugged vs. certain types of crowd control. Also may have a bug where the stun duration on the hit is a tad inconsistent. Will fix these after holidays ASAP.

E- The reason E feels slow is because it doesn't just reset your auto, it also halves your attack frame. This causes the E attack to hit twice as fast, creating a longer space between it and your next attack.
000X00 <---normal attack
0X0000 <---E attack
You're still effectively increasing your number of attacks per second due to the auto reset but I recognize that it FEELS a tad clunky regardless. Will look into ways to make it feel better. Would also need to consult live about this. A faster E would give her a ton of power.

R - Assualt and Battery is intended to be UNSTOPPABLE. If you use this on someone they WILL be knocked up unless they go untargetable or become immune to CC. That said, I intentionally made it so people can CC you once you start the uppercut animation (directly after the dash). Any CC applied during this time will take effect but SHOULD NOT cancel the knockup or damage. Example: You ult Ezreal and LeeSin kicks you as you're dunking your target. What should happen is A) you get knocked back and B) Ezreal still gets knocked up and takes damage. If displacement abilities and flash are canceling the ultimate completely they are bugs and will be fixed as soon as the office opens up again. In terms of Olaf and Morg being able to dodge ult damage, this is something I need to bring up with the live team. I feel like they should still take the damage (while of course dodging the CC) but this may be inconsistent with other abilities in our game.

Keep the feedback coming!

no complaints from me

would just like to say i really really really really enjoy vi and want to hug the people that designed her