Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Characters Being Op.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sordal

11-27-2009

Im generally getting pretty annoyed when every some just loses a game then comes onto the forums claiming the character is way OP cause they saw one good player, even though they might neer have played the champion before. Im not saying the game is perfect, there has been times where certain champions have been stronger then others but in reality some one can play any character and make them look really strong or 'OP'. Just been getting on my nerves reading loads of threads where people complain.

Hiro Vitality

11-27-2009

I agree, people complaining is annoying, not saying I'm perfect cuz I complain too sometimes, however, there are a few characters that I'm surprised Riot hasn't immediately patched. For instance, Ryse, I have played this character a good amount, and I admit, I don't really have to try to win, or even to kill half of the enemy team. You could even follow his recommended item path and just wait for your cooldowns before entering conflict and in the end you will be 25-0-15.

GarwooD

11-27-2009

Quote:
Hiro Vitality:
I agree, people complaining is annoying, not saying I'm perfect cuz I complain too sometimes, however, there are a few characters that I'm surprised Riot hasn't immediately patched. For instance, Ryse, I have played this character a good amount, and I admit, I don't really have to try to win, or even to kill half of the enemy team. You could even follow his recommended item path and just wait for your cooldowns before entering conflict and in the end you will be 25-0-15.

hahaha

didnt even read what he said before did you?
Ryze is not OP at all late game he isnt anything more than his snare.

God SoRcuS

11-27-2009

Quote:
Hiro Vitality:

Typical newbie talk.

Firellius

11-27-2009

The more I play, the more my vision shifts from OP/UP to Hard-to-use/Easy-to-use.

I complained about Ashe. She does indeed have a good ultimate ability, but she is indeed quite fragile. I never could rely on allies in practice matches, and they could never rely on me. This gave me the idea that Ashe is OP. In a 1 on 1 battle, Ashe's Ultimate is not the beginning of the duel: it's the end.

However, playing on higher levels forced me to coƶperate more, be more dynamic. Before I know it, I'm saving an ally's butt by Primordial Bursting a chasing Jax into oblivion, or Morgana saves me with a Black Shield. And Ashe is a laugh! She launches two or three arrows and then has to run for her life, or else she'll be killed.

It helped me realize that it's not a matter of a champion being powerful or weak, it's that most champions are simply harder to use. Heimerdinger is a shining example. He is hard to use, maybe even one of the champions that are the most difficult to handle. But I've seen him being used a little better than I was used to. He's still a little weaker than other champions, but not nearly as much as I made him out to be.

Veigar is much easier to use, but he's not OP. I can understand that if someone gets hit by Primordial Burst, he/she may get angry, thinking he's OP. But he's not, he's simply easier to use.

Disdasdefa

Recruiter

11-27-2009

I agree with Firellius on what he's saying; some heroes are easier to play. Although there are some things that need to be balanced.

Woozl

11-27-2009

At the game's current state, I would feel right in saying that there are very few balance issues between champions. The Udyr patch is probably going to mix a few things up, due to Udyr himself, as well as some champion remakes. Can't be too specific here, but lots will be changed, and new items will change a lot of builds.

Dravonio

Recruiter

11-27-2009

I normally play as Karthus.
I've always done well as him, but as I keep playing as him I've found his weak points and strong points, and how to use his abilities in ways I would have never thought of. In this last game, which I lost, I had 28-5-13. The other team kept going "omgwtf" when I would kill them with a Wall of Pain, Defile combo. Then when they would get away it would be Reqium time, which just made them even madder. One of the more...noobie opponents kept going "omg he's OP they need to nerf him". However, I've seen people with Karthus who get 2-14-3, which was pretty sad, seeing my favorite champ being used so horribly.

So, it's all a matter of how well you know your character and your opponents. But some champs are obviously easier to use than others, which leads people to think so-and-so is WAY OP OMG

DoubleUTeaF

01-29-2011

I would like to say that all champions are OP. Well... except DPS Soraka... -_-

Necessitous

01-29-2011

Quote:
Firellius:
The more I play, the more my vision shifts from OP/UP to Hard-to-use/Easy-to-use.

I complained about Ashe. She does indeed have a good ultimate ability, but she is indeed quite fragile. I never could rely on allies in practice matches, and they could never rely on me. This gave me the idea that Ashe is OP. In a 1 on 1 battle, Ashe's Ultimate is not the beginning of the duel: it's the end.

However, playing on higher levels forced me to coƶperate more, be more dynamic. Before I know it, I'm saving an ally's butt by Primordial Bursting a chasing Jax into oblivion, or Morgana saves me with a Black Shield. And Ashe is a laugh! She launches two or three arrows and then has to run for her life, or else she'll be killed.

It helped me realize that it's not a matter of a champion being powerful or weak, it's that most champions are simply harder to use. Heimerdinger is a shining example. He is hard to use, maybe even one of the champions that are the most difficult to handle. But I've seen him being used a little better than I was used to. He's still a little weaker than other champions, but not nearly as much as I made him out to be.

Veigar is much easier to use, but he's not OP. I can understand that if someone gets hit by Primordial Burst, he/she may get angry, thinking he's OP. But he's not, he's simply easier to use.

Ashe (along with every other right-click hero, and you know who they are) are "easy-to-use". That's why they are "carries" they right-click to win, and that's how they are designed. Supports, Tanks, and Off-Tanks and even most mages, are designed differently; they aren't meant to right-click to win. I remember when I was a noob complaining about Yi pubstompers because he is the best right-clicker. Other champions, like Ashe for example, are harder-to-use right clickers because they are so fragile, but have amazing consistent damage output.

So I have to disagree with your "easy-to-use / hard-to-use" idea. It's all about the role your champion fulfills and how you go about fulfilling that role. Are you a carry? Then you right click, sure you drop abilities every once in a while, but your main source of damage is your right click. Tank? Then you get your @ss in there and take some damage. Off-tank? Do some damage and help the tank soak some damage. Support? Get your ass to the back and get to healing. Yes there are certain champions who are "hard to use" and some that are "easy to use" but it's all about the role you are fulfilling and how you go about doing it. Every classification has their easy to use champions, Yi, Vlad, Rammus, etc. They are all easy to use in their own category, carry, mage, tank.