The Mischievous Sprite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

12-24-2012

For a fully formatted version, see: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...hievous_Sprite.

Meet Puck, the Mischievous Sprite, a champion from The Glade.

Attributes: Ranged, Support, Mage

Quote:
Attachment 580475 Aloft
Puck perpetually ignores until collision and gains 8 % bonus movement speed for every visible enemy champion nearby.
  • Range: 2000
Quote:
Attachment 580476 Q: Jaunt
ACTIVE: Puck leaps forward in a line, damaging enemies he passes over. If he hits an enemy champion, he will bind to them and become untargetable for 0.75 seconds. During this time, Puck may cast Glitterbomb.
  • MAGIC DAMAGE: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+ 50% AP)
  • RANGE: 1000
  • COOLDOWN: 19 / 17 / 15 / 13 / 11
  • COST: 90 mana

Attachment 580477 Q: Glitterbomb
ACTIVE: Puck explodes, jettisoning himself from his target in the direction of the cursor while dealing magic damage in an area.
  • MAGIC DAMAGE: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+ 50% AP)
  • EXPLOSION RADIUS: 250
  • SELF LEAP RANGE: 250-550 (variable)
Quote:
Attachment 580478 W: Ethereal Wave
ACTIVE: Puck fires a wave of energy in a line. Any enemy champion it passes through is dealt magic damage, while any allied champion it passes through is healed. The amount increases by 10% for every unit struck, up to a maximum of 150%.
  • MAGIC DAMAGE/HEAL: 50 / 85 / 120 / 155 / 200 (+55% AP)
  • MAXIMUM DAMAGE/HEAL: 75 / 127.5 / 180 / 232.5 / 300 (+82.5% AP)
  • RANGE: 900
  • COOLDOWN: 10
  • COST: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 mana
Quote:
Attachment 580479 E: Lover's Draught
ACTIVE: Puck poisons the target enemy with Lover's Draught, corrupting their judgement. For the next few seconds, his target will follow Puck around and attack whomever Puck attacks (including their allies). The duration is always 5 seconds if Puck targets a minion or monster.

Corrupted units deal damage equal to their base attack damage plus bonus magic damage. Dragon, Baron Nashor and Vilemaw cannot be targeted by Lover's Draught.

Puck's basic attacks against a corrupted enemy will reduce the duration of the effect by 1 second.
  • CORRUPTION DURATION: 1.4 / 1.8 / 2.2 / 2.6 / 3 seconds
  • BONUS MAGICAL DAMAGE: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 + (6 level) + (40% AP)
  • RANGE: 575
  • COOLDOWN: 12
  • COST: 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 mana
Quote:
Attachment 580480 R: Midsummer Nightmare
ACTIVE: Puck unleashes a blast of magic that distorts reality, rendering surrounding enemies disorientated and fluffy for several seconds. Those closer to the center of the blast are affected longer than those at the edge.

The crowd control applied is the combination of Polymorph and Flee. Enemies are massively slowed, look cuddly, and will run directly away from the epicenter for the duration of the effect.
  • MAXIMUM DURATION: 2 / 2.5 / 3 seconds
  • MINIMUM DURATION: 1 / 1.25 / 1.5
  • RADIUS OF EFFECT: 500
  • COOLDOWN: 150 / 130 / 110
  • COST: 100 mana
Notes:
  • While Glitterbomb is available, a circle will appear around the target showing the maximum range (similar to Rengar). Glitterbomb is smartcast by default. If your cursor is beyond the maximum range, you will leap to the maximum range; if your cursor is closer than the minimum range, you will leap to the minimum range.
  • Corruption does not turn the target into a controllable pet, like Tibbers. Corruption turns them into an autonomous minions, like Elise's Spiderlings.
  • Corruption is a form of crowd control, similar to taunt. It is affected by crowd control reduction, will be negated by Black Shield and can be removed by Cleanse and other similar effects.
    • Puck's "slave" has massively increased base movement speed and will share any bonus movement speed that Puck has (behaving like Elise's Spiderlings) - this is so that it will keep up and generally feel more responsive. This skill would feel lame if your slave never gets in range to attack. Puck's slave cannot damage itself (this is why the duration is reduced whenever Puck attacks his target as, thematically, I don't want this to feel like a stun - in 1v1, corrupting a minion should feel like a better option). The slave remains untargetable to its allies (including its own towers).
    • The Corruption effect is shared by another champion of mine, Riah, the Plight of the Sands.
    • Puck can target player summoned minions, such as Tibbers and H-28G Evolution Turrets. Static units remain static while corrupted.
  • "Disorientated and fluffy" is the amalgamation of flee and polymorph; they are small, cuddly, slowed and flee in terror from the epicenter. It is a form of crowd control and is affected by crowd control reduction, will be negated by Black Shield and can be removed by Cleanse and other similar effects.
    • Hopefully, Riot can make at least 5 fluffy critters so that if Puck uses his ultimate on the entire enemy team they all look different.
    • Hopefully, Riot can code the necessary stuff to have Midsummer Nightmare to turn the affected map into a glimpse of The Glade (a la Pyrovision?).
      • The slow strength should be strong enough that enemies are returning to normal as they reach the edge of the blast.

Also, meet Oberon, the Faerie King.

PleasantPhantom

01-01-2013

No, we don't need Riot to copy another hero from DotA

3mptylord

01-01-2013

... its clear you read beyond the word "Puck". And that you are cultured enough to know that Puck is a Shakespearean character...

Dzanio

01-01-2013

Passive: Similar to ww's e, except w/ longer range; I'd make it 1500 just to be more in line w/ vision range + existing abilities.

Q: Dash abilities are usually ~500-700 range. Considering this makes you untargetable I think the range should be nerfed. Playful/Trickster (fizz e) is a similar ability, and has a range of 400. CC on glitterbomb is too much.

W: Decreases/unit struck. CD around 20 appropriate for single target heal that is that powerful, for multi target it should be an ult. For also doing damage it's too much.

E: Should be an Ult if anything, needs to be a channel, and should cost 50% of your current health.

R: ok.

3mptylord

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Passive: Similar to ww's e, except w/ longer range; I'd make it 1500 just to be more in line w/ vision range + existing abilities.

Q: Dash abilities are usually ~500-700 range. Considering this makes you untargetable I think the range should be nerfed. Playful/Trickster (fizz e) is a similar ability, and has a range of 400. CC on glitterbomb is too much.

W: Decreases/unit struck. CD around 20 appropriate for single target heal that is that powerful, for multi target it should be an ult. For also doing damage it's too much.

E: Should be an Ult if anything, needs to be a channel, and should cost 50% of your current health.

R: ok.
Passive) The range is the same as Vayne's Night Hunter, which Aloft is more similar to. Warwick's Blood Scent grants sight - while Aloft does not. Aloft requires nearby, *visible* targets - the same as Vayne, which is why I used hers as a reference.

Q) E'yeah, range might be too long. Examples of 500-700 range are typically on assassins. Enablers (such as Amumu and Sejuani) enjoy a much longer range - and Puck is an enabler-support. Also, I was feeling rather nostalgic for the days when Amumu played as a support. I'm happy to reduce it though - but I'm still going to insist on the higher end of the spectrum. Fizz is an assassin who's Playful/Trickster is about juking/evasion - Jaunt is an initiation skill on a support to grant sight of the target. The CC was part of the initiation... since all supports need CC, and the only support who doesn't is the least popular champion in the game. But, I digress, Puck has other sources of CC he can use. ^_^

W) No, it is intentionally increases. It's suppose to be an aggressive heal - to maximize damage you aim through an ally (less healing); and to maximize healing you aim through an enemy (less damage). It synergizes with Jaunt as he can leap behind an enemy and then fire the wave back at his ally. Ideally, Puck wouldn't be healed (as there is no way to hit himself with the skill shot) - the same as Ezreal's old Essence Flux. Also, the whole thing about an AOE heals is bogus - refer to Karma, Alistar, Nami, etc.

E) A 1.4-3 second taunt should be an ultimate? ...no. By that logic you must hate Veigar's Event Horizon, or Fiddlestick's Fear, or Rammus, or Morgana, etc...

AuroraDragonKaya

02-22-2013

Fweee, Puck! <3

A couple questions:
How are Q1 & W targeted? Right now, I'm assuming its based on one of those... arrow dash things. Like Vi's punch... (I'm sure there's an official word for what I'm talking about that I don't know...)
On E, I might move some of the notes on the bottom into the actual description, as it clarified some for me. Also, I'm guessing the 'controlled' player will be auto attacking, but how to you make them target, or do they just attack the nearest enemy unit? (I was actually considering trying something like this for Pernicia, but eventually decided against.)

on the R, a thematic thing: it reminds me (obviously) of Lulu's equally "fluffy" ability, which, considering his ultimate, might be a bad thing. (It should feel unique!) What's more, being a cute fluffy thing prancing around the glade doesn't necessarily sound like a nightmare... If you're keeping it cuter, maybe name it something more like the original reference (dreaming), or if you want to focus on the nightmare, maybe make it be less about them transformed, and more about shadowy things following them about? Or something entirely different. :P
I do like the idea of something that turns the area into something like the "glad", its a cool thought and a cool thing to visualize.

3mptylord

02-22-2013

Q1 and W are like Ezreal's Mystic Shot/Essence Flux. In fact, that's a very good comparison - Q1 is like Mystic Shot (thinner/requires more aim), while W is like Essence Flux (a wave/wider skill shot - perhaps wider than Essence Flux). Neither of them are "charged" like Vi's Q - they're just skill shots.

"Controlled by the player" means they will follow you around and attack your attack target (they follow any command that your champion would follow - they aren't controlled separately). I'll word this better.

The Nightmare refers to the fact that they flee in terror for the duration (like Hecarim's Flee). Besides, if you've seen any of Lulu's splash arts, it is apparent that being polymorphed is actually quite terrifying. I don't know - I'm rather fond of the name and the skill. And yes, if Riot can make the skill also affect the terrain that would be amazing - and would definitely help in making it not feel like a Lulu rip-off. Puck turns the surround area int a brightly colored, whimsical mess - including the enemies. It doesn't feel like Lulu in my imagination - but it probably would if sufficient effort wasn't put into its visual effects.

3mptylord

05-10-2013

We need whimsical champions!

OniTaega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

Hi there mind giving me your opinion on my champ ^^? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3420462

3mptylord

05-14-2013

I did, but you really shouldn't just advertise like that. ^_^