Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

tired of lane arguments during selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xcowns

12-23-2012

riot im tired of these teams that you get into champion selection and you have 3 people fighting over a lane or specific role in the game. i would just like to make a suggestion that would fix this problem. when you hit play and do your selection for summoners rift, have them choose a role such as: mid, adc, jungle, support, top. they then get put into there own ques where each would be put into a game. this would lessen arguements between players trying to play nicely. you could still switch roles if you agree but it would get the callings for roles as fast as you can out of the way. put in a report option for those who dont follow the role they choose (trolls for example).
just a suggestion, any comments are welcome

mistmann

12-23-2012

i like this idea! kudos

MicKretz

12-24-2012

i hope riot does something, there is one of these exact threads created everyday it seems with the same idea lolz

Capt Poro Snax

12-24-2012

Yea there is an abundance of these threads, but it goes to show the persistence of the problem and something needs to be done.

Jerk9003

12-24-2012

What happens when a troll decides to pick something different then the one he said he wanted.
What happens when you are a good adc with 1 champ and you Q in hoping to get it and it gets banned, cant switch to anything else cause you apparently Qued.
Its stupid idea what you are proposing becasue of the flaws. The arguing is just part of it and if you dont like it get a team of 5 to avoid arguments like that

Boagster

12-24-2012

Riot will never do this. They do not want to officially sponsor "the meta" as it would slow or completely stop the evolution of new strategies in the game, which would ultimately result in the game becoming stagnant.

Also, what Jerk9003 said.

EDIT: I also believe that doing this would drastically slow down queue times, as I'm sure not that many people would be joining for support or jungler. I almost exclusively call the role of "filling" when I join a game, I'd say 40% of the time I end up support, 40% of the time I end up jungle, and only 20% of the time do I end up in any other role (top being the least common; go figure, it's probably my best role).

EDIT 2: Also, since I have started calling "I'll fill", I have noticed people arguing less over roles. It could be a coincidence, but I feel that one person conceding to play a "****ty" role leads others to be inclined to do the same.

KnightxSScarlett

12-24-2012

Original idea. Do not steal.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

Another? All those threads talking about role-queuing. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2744432)

Hexed Executable

12-24-2012

Good idea.
They should also add an option for which language you speak aswell. Having people who don't speak your language on your team puts a severe disadvantage on it.

Boagster

12-24-2012

Tell that to the EU servers, HexedEXE. They'd laugh at you. At least we only have three major languages to deal with on the NA servers, with English (which I can assume you speak) being the most prevalent.