Who does Vi counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoForkUrself

12-23-2012

I hear a lot about Vi being under or overpowered. I find her to only be viable in the jungle (even with her lack of pre-level 6 ganks), as she is countered by seemingly everyone in lane. Who does she counter top lane? I know she gets wrecked by Jax, Yorick, Garen, Riven, Darius, Teemo, Irelia, Pantheon, Lee Sin, Singed, etc. Is she good against anyone top lane?

yoshi guy

12-23-2012

No she is so easy to beat.

Edit: I may be bias here but she has never given me any trouble.

Beauneaux

12-23-2012

just jungle her instead.

she counters the enemy ADC.

GoForkUrself

12-23-2012

That is what I've been doing, and am successful in low elo ranked. Her jungle speed compensates for the lack of pre-level 6 ganks. She can reach level 6 at the same time as the solo's (a rare thing these days), allowing her to get great ganks with her ult. Late game just ult the adc every fight. An anti-carry for sure. But is she really unlaneable?

Juturna

12-23-2012

She's easy to beat in lane, but hard to deal with in mid/late game, no matter how hard you shut her down.

Kinda like Darius in the fact that she can be powerful later if she has a rough beginning, but she doesn't stumble really that hard and has an escape and CC. Tanky while building damage items. Fast minion clear times makes her a monster when you leave her to farm for a few minutes.

CynicalGiant

12-23-2012

As a jungler she counters most people. As a top she loses to most.

ManningsDragons

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoForkUrself View Post
(even with her lack of pre-level 6 ganks)
wut
A dash and an autoattack reset almost guarantees at least a flash if not a kill.

HiibariKz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Today I went against a Jax, he was gettin wreck in lane... before nocturne and TF started focusing top.

I went against a Riven, and owned her so bad that she was 3 lvls under me.

I went against a Lee Sin and he got ultra wrecked... I was 4-0.

Singed? He was the easiest one for me... Q->AA->E and so on until he had 40% HP then I would charge Q->Flash->Q->AA->E->Ignite.

She's not the best top laner but she isn't the worst... just play her right and she can reward you with a beast mid/late game

GoForkUrself

12-24-2012

So if I have this right, she should never be used top lane? She counters absolutely no one? The dash is a very weak ganking tool, it has short range and is easy to dodge if you charge it. Her ganking ability is like warwicks. The only difference is she can ult the adc bottom lane, whereas warwick can't without eating the stun of taric or leona. This actually makes for a pretty big difference. Warwick can actually top lane pretty well though.

8 Bit Astronaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Idunno, I was playing a game and our Vi totally raped a Jax. FB'd him even when their jungle Darius showed up. I just sat and watched at my Wolves