Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Force of Nature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aarongeddon

07-14-2013

Quote:
Lypíphera:
And now another major MR is getting removed, how long until they are all gone?

It wasn't removed it was upgraded. And they added more MR items now.

Maybe if you read the patch notes instead of hopping on a QQ bandwagon you would have known that.

bohmasterflex

07-14-2013

Quote:
Xypherous:
Sure - I can take a stab at this.

The magic resistance option for tanks currently are:

Spirit Visage
Banshee's Veil
Mikael's Crucible

ftfy why are yall removing runic? wtf buff

MiniNotMe

07-14-2013

I think Riot should make a MR item with giant belt. Every time I play a tank and the other team have Magic damage, I can't find a cost effective item like sun fire cap or radium. Spirit Visage is not as good, because the tanking power it offer is not that good (I don't need it's unique pass or cool down). Tank need something like MR version of sunfire cap, some offer more to be tank.

Lypíphera

07-14-2013

Quote:
Aarongeddon:
It wasn't removed it was upgraded. And they added more MR items now.

Maybe if you read the patch notes instead of hopping on a QQ bandwagon you would have known that.

My mistake, removing nearly 2/3 of its MR is buffing... I guess if you remove all of its MR then it is OP? I guess I should be using cloth armor to counter APCs...

They didn't really add new items. Spectre's Cowl is only an intermediate item, as it is used to build Banshee's Veil and Spirit Visage. Sure you can just build Cowl, but you are only using half an item.

Spellbreaker is an alternative to Maw of Malmortius, trading MR and AD for crit and tenacity. Sure, you can build both Maw and Spellbreaker but the passives won't stack. Besides, you would get Spellbreaker instead of getting Mercury's Treads, which is another 25 MR lost. So trading Spellbreaker for Maw and Merc Treads you lose 40 MR.

SilverSnowLilly

07-14-2013

I think riot should at least give one of the mr items a unique active like giving the team a mr for a short amount of times for team fights like the locket which gives a shield

Lypíphera

07-14-2013

Quote:
MiniNotMe:
I think Riot should make a MR item with giant belt. Every time I play a tank and the other team have Magic damage, I can't find a cost effective item like sun fire cap or radium. Spirit Visage is not as good, because the tanking power it offer is not that good (I don't need it's unique pass or cool down). Tank need something like MR version of sunfire cap, some offer more to be tank.

Since Spirit Visage's HP is being boost from 200 to 400 this nearly brings it up to nearly Sunfire Cap's level (50 hp less). It does provide a higher amount of MR than Sunfire does AR, 55 to 45. It is also 150g cheaper than Sunfire. Depending on the champion and team, the passive healing bonus and CDR can be quite beneficial.

Lypíphera

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12472958#post12472958)
Hey guys!

Remember that these data-mined updates are always incomplete and most importantly missing a lot of context. We're very cognizant of the issues facing you when you go up against a double AP comp. We do believe, however, that old Bulwark just gave too many stats for free to your entire team. It was never a trade-off; it was always a must buy.

Our thinking at the moment is that we want selfish MR to be a meaningful decision (and we're working on items to support this; items that would go out concurrent with the Bulwark changes) and that the Aegis line needs to be less good at selfish protection if the team aura is to be the decision point.

Please hold your torches and pitchforks until you see the real patch notes
Last I checked Force of Nature gave plenty of selfish MR, well until you removed it at least.