Let's Talk About Black Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFERx

10-15-2010

Really think about it.... Black shield is better than Kayles ult, with more duration and 8 sec cooldown

Hanni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonancy View Post
Pre-nerf Xin Zhao was working as intended, but that didn't mean he was balanced.
He wasn't working as intended, hurr. He wasn't intended to be gamebreakingly overpowered. He was badly designed from start, so they NERFED him, thus, making him work as initially INTENDED.

Common sense, something not so common.

Graiskye

10-15-2010

I think its funny how Black Shield(BS) pawns Kayles Ult so hard(IMO).
Kayle needs some love her ult suks so hard, Morgana level 1 black shield is better. Well almost but at level 5 it is totally better.
Kayles ult is like a bargain version of a Zhonyas, so in that regard I do think that BS needs to be re worked. Its too **** powerful to not be her ult.
I think her ult should be defensive, and it should be Black Shield with 3 ranks.
Can you imagine the freak outs.
PS: srry did not see the post above regarding Kayles ult, im serious.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Selim, I don't think it should be changed, because if the shield is supposed to absorb CC if the shield is not popped then debuffs shouldn't be applied either.

Japanadian

10-15-2010

that's why i ban morg

Cymbid

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannilicious View Post
He wasn't working as intended, hurr. He wasn't intended to be gamebreakingly overpowered. He was badly designed from start, so they NERFED him, thus, making him work as initially INTENDED.

Common sense, something not so common.
And Morg's Black Shield is also overpowered and badly designed.

DMG1

10-15-2010

Anything that can soak up multiple damaging spells, along with soaking up near infinite non damaging CC, on a CD shorter than Banshee Veil frankly sounds a bit ******ed. Just my take on it.

Busty Demoness

10-15-2010

Morgana's shield has been nerfed pretty hard already.

It will not block most damaging debuffs (Teemo's Shrooms are a prime example)
It will not block physical or true damage (lizard buff users rejoice)
It will not block CC already placed on the target (Malzahar and Warwick are happy now)
It will not absorb excess spell damage, you still take that much.

While it does prevent CC debuffs such as slows and stuns, it also has a relatively low damage cap and will be easily overpowered by the right nuker (Ryze) or Deathfire Grasp (30% of current HP will often be more than what the shield can take).

nvmvoidrays

10-15-2010

so basically, you're complaining about people being dumb and/or the morgana being smart and timing her shield properly.

if riot saw a problem with black shield, they would've nerfed it already.

(p.s. pride is a ******)

TheMountainGoat

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Demoness View Post
Morgana's shield has been nerfed pretty hard already.

It will not block most damaging debuffs (Teemo's Shrooms are a prime example)
It will not block physical or true damage (lizard buff users rejoice)
It will not block CC already placed on the target (Malzahar and Warwick are happy now)
It will not absorb excess spell damage, you still take that much.

While it does prevent CC debuffs such as slows and stuns, it also has a relatively low damage cap and will be easily overpowered by the right nuker (Ryze) or Deathfire Grasp (30% of current HP will often be more than what the shield can take).
by 'nerfed pretty hard', you actually mean 'brought down to a somewhat reasonable level"