Let's Talk About Black Shield

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hanni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikku View Post
A: 1 in every 20 Morganas know how to play efficiently.
B: The skill scales with the game. At the end of my longest game it's absorbed about 750 damage. Most single spells/spell pairs do about that much. It doesn't absorb as much damage as you think it does.
C: Abilities doing what they're meant to, god help us.

Just because she has an effective way to manage casters does not make the skill overpowered, it means she's a support/damage hybrid mage who does her job RIGHT.
Teemo has a blind that renders every carry useless for as long as it's duration!

So gamebreaking.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERF.

john

10-15-2010

Anivia has a way to counter Black Shield, I won't say it here though because I've seen enough bad Anivias this week and I don't want her to be nerfed lol.

Amarth

10-15-2010

One shield....

5 players...

Do the math.

2xHero

10-15-2010

IMO all stuns should be buffed to 6 second duration because THEY'RE STUNS!!! THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO STUN YOU DURRRR!!
/sarcasm

There is a difference between something doing it's job and doing it's job too well. Morgana's Black Shield does the job too well.

IS1469e23cf694565dde077

10-15-2010

black shield dies from damage..1highdmg stun>gone

Twisted51

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Based on the previous post by Zileas about Anti-Fun, and his reference to Morgana, i'm suprised he didnt mention this one. It definity falls into the anti-fun. You use it and you feel decent cuz you prevented some damage, or you feel good cuz you escaped/saved an ally. But you're oppenents are left going:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

While good escapes always do this, they DONT make certain spell stop doing damage at all. I think it should be remade, to actually accept all "spells damage" like twitch/morde/poppy etc, while casting it works like cleanse (only cc, only once, after that its just a reduction of them). That way spell debuffs still apply, and you can still attempt to cc them.

My least favorite comparison is checking black shield to Kayle's ult. I mean come on kayles ult ONLY prevents damage, not debuffs, not cc and lasts retartedly short. It definitly needs a buff in 1 of three ways:

a. Make it Act as a Quicksilver sash, and make you immune to EVERYTHING
b. Make it last significantly longer- like 6 seconds. Not enough to be gamebreaking, but enough to not be worthless in most scenarios.
c. See omniknight from dota - ultimate support hero ever, reduced MS for enemies. Huge Heal that splashes damage to enemys, a spell shield of awesomness, and check his ult and think about that for kayle. Imunity to 1 source of damage for significant period of time for all nearby heroes, like 5 sec. Or make it essentially todays kayles ult, but effect all nearby heroes. 2.5 sec's of invulnerability (ONLY TO DAMAGE, not cc or ****) is not extremely overpowered, and justifies the cd and lack of other features. Easily countered by aoe disables

d. just thought of this, but make person invincible, and then give them a buff for 6-8 seconds where they either have bonus AR/MR/Regen or Bonus Damage, or both.

Longer rant than expected but w/e

dissonancy

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannilicious View Post
"Zomg, let's talk about Sivir's shield. It breaks absolutely any spell or damaging skill/ability and it restores mana"

NEEEEEEEERF.

ITT: People QQing about a skill that does what it's supposed to do.

Working as intended.
Pre-nerf Xin Zhao was working as intended, but that didn't mean he was balanced.

Uber Bonisseur

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarth View Post

5 players...
1 Carry.

Do the maths.
-----------------------

Any form of debuff/CC should be applied to Morgana if you manage to BREAK the shield with the spell's damage; the current BlackShield, also called BS, allows you to deny one CC no matter the rank/damage absorbed.

Intangible

10-15-2010

You know if you all focus morg her black shield will instantly die and she will also die herself. You should be focusing her to prevent her ult from popping 2nd affect.

Learn to focus.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikku View Post
A: 1 in every 20 Morganas know how to play efficiently.
B: The skill scales with the game. At the end of my longest game it's absorbed about 750 damage. Most single spells/spell pairs do about that much. It doesn't absorb as much damage as you think it does.
C: Abilities doing what they're meant to, god help us.

Just because she has an effective way to manage casters does not make the skill overpowered, it means she's a support/damage hybrid mage who does her job RIGHT.
For the record, just so people understand: Black Shield is affected by mitigation, so that 750 was actually more, especially if Morg got Abyssal, which many do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannilicious View Post
Yeah, because you can't break Morgana's spell with ANY source of damage, even auto attacks. I've seen crits do more damage than the actual shield blocks.
You're right, you can't. Auto attacks go right through the shield.

12345678 ... 9