Zileas' List of Game Design Anti-Patterns

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoRemorse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

+1 blind monk

Bantid

02-24-2011

blind monk plz

JesusMaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Yes, we hate it too for exactly this reason.

We have to overpower it to make it 'good' because its possible that as a tool, it will completely fail GP.
GP's ult isn't that bad. It's randomized, and most of the time, people are able to escape with minimal or no damage.

Pipin

02-28-2011

i cant agree with everything tough. Sometimes figuring out how to use a complicated skill and using it to its full potential is fun. And complicated skills tend to have many uses and not just 1.

That speccing stun on a warrior is a great example. Its true that you wont gain rage while the enemy is stunned but you can stun him when he uses a strong skill that would kill you. And you can give yourself a moment to recuperate and maybe get a heal or two.

The way you describe skills would make the game boring if only skills like that would be implemented. What good is a game where all skills are just click to target and does Y dmg and inflicts X effect. Where X is slow, stun, snare and Y dmg from 1-400(ap/ad)

I guess you have played dota... and if you landed a great ship with general proudmore youll know. Because the enemy team will just disintigrate while yours will barely have a scratch.

You can use that skills as initiation, as a dmg migitation skill while running away, as a aoe nuke to save your ally. But your ''fun'' skills can only be used as snare, stun , root, nuke.

Angloomy

03-12-2011

Is Anivia OP still?
Because I used her and I think she could use a few more small buffs

Amadi

03-12-2011

Quote:
And... a lot of female characters are dressed more conservatively, such as Karma, Annie, etc.
We want at least one ugly female.

A fat opera singer or something. Give her a small dog called Fifi, too.

Dorozhand

03-18-2011

Nocturne?

zeefomiv

03-20-2011

Quote:
In general yes, but I won't please ONE player at the expense of my job. Now, if EVERYONE in the community wanted blind monk, maybe it would be a different story.
Challenge Accepted.

OGmudboneBLASTED

03-20-2011

blind monk please

OGmudboneBLASTED

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadi View Post
We want at least one ugly female.

A fat opera singer or something. Give her a small dog called Fifi, too.
poppy...