What Champion suits my playstyle

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kened

Junior Member

12-22-2012

Hi im a player who likes ranged champions but i can't find a range champion suits to my play style. My Playstyle is being at the back of my team and attacking the other team in front of us and when a opponent has low health i go for a kill.
Twisted Fate<<<<<<Need tips on him
Ashe<<<<<<<Needs tips on her
Those above are the champions i have but not as good with them

Thinking of getting Ezreal

Thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big Bill 64

Junior Member

12-23-2012

Ok, I personally love Ezreal, and I highly recommend him, but here's a tip if you get him:
-Just because his ultimate can hit people across the map, don't always use it for this purpose. It's also a great initiation, deterrent, and is also effective close-range.
I would also recommend Kog'Maw, because his W and his R give him ridiculous range.
I can't offer any advice on TF or Ashe but I hope this still helps


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendel Element View Post
Hi im a player who likes ranged champions but i can't find a range champion suits to my play style. My Playstyle is being at the back of my team and attacking the other team in front of us and when a opponent has low health i go for a kill.
Twisted Fate<<<<<<Need tips on him
Ashe<<<<<<<Needs tips on her
Those above are the champions i have but not as good with them

Thinking of getting Ezreal

Thanks
I've just gotta ask: what's your reason for wanting to be dealing damage from a safe range but also getting credit for the kills? I hope it is not for the sole reason of having many kills and few deaths, because there are ways to be much more helpful to your team and end up winning more games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grumos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-23-2012

I believe that Cait is a champ you should look into.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kened

Junior Member

12-23-2012

What other ways to be ranged champion and supporting my team?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kened

Junior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoyItsaMegaman View Post
I've just gotta ask: what's your reason for wanting to be dealing damage from a safe range but also getting credit for the kills? I hope it is not for the sole reason of having many kills and few deaths, because there are ways to be much more helpful to your team and end up winning more games.
What other ways to support my team and be a ranged champion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alaskaneagle

Senior Member

12-23-2012

54367

so your playstyle is, wait for teammates to do dmg then swoop in at last second to grab the kill... I think you should change your playstyle.

If you really want to be the ranged adc you should be doing a lot more than last hitting a champ to pad your numbers. You are the main dmg on your team so hit as many champs as you can as often as you can and deal out the dmg.

Work on positioning so you can atk without being targeted (often means focusing a tanky, but as long as you are safely dealing dmg its fine) The team has to worry about their adc and you worry about dealing dmg, and avoiding their asssasin.

If I ever saw you in a game holding back out side of auto atk range till you can last hit and run back out of range I'd think you were a troll.

If you want to stay back, be safe and help your team, try a support like sona or soraka. If you do though watch some vids on warding, when to ward, peeling, and how to keep your carry safe.

If you are set on being the carry watch some video's on how to possition yourself, how to last hit minis, how to get fed, and who your champs counter and who counters them.

No matter what though, if you are here you are here to learn so ask as many questions as you like and look to other resourses too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kened

Junior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaneagle View Post
54367

so your playstyle is, wait for teammates to do dmg then swoop in at last second to grab the kill... I think you should change your playstyle.

If you really want to be the ranged adc you should be doing a lot more than last hitting a champ to pad your numbers. You are the main dmg on your team so hit as many champs as you can as often as you can and deal out the dmg.

Work on positioning so you can atk without being targeted (often means focusing a tanky, but as long as you are safely dealing dmg its fine) The team has to worry about their adc and you worry about dealing dmg, and avoiding their asssasin.

If I ever saw you in a game holding back out side of auto atk range till you can last hit and run back out of range I'd think you were a troll.

If you want to stay back, be safe and help your team, try a support like sona or soraka. If you do though watch some vids on warding, when to ward, peeling, and how to keep your carry safe.

If you are set on being the carry watch some video's on how to possition yourself, how to last hit minis, how to get fed, and who your champs counter and who counters them.

No matter what though, if you are here you are here to learn so ask as many questions as you like and look to other resourses too.

What play style do you recommend


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alaskaneagle

Senior Member

12-23-2012

54367

The common playstyles coencide with the different roles. I'd say try out a few champs in each role to figure out which one clicks with you. It sounded like the roles that would suite you best by your description would either be; cut out the last hitting the enemy for the kill and going support, or picking an assasin and learning to jump in and out picking off the ones available to kill, or learning to be the one dealing the most dmg on the team instead of staying back to with the adc.

Another thing to consider is your playstyle can change as you play. experiment and find which job you do best and learn what the different jobs are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehomCD

Senior Member

12-23-2012

My feeling is an assassin with poke would best match the playstyle you describe. Kha'zix is probably the best I can think of (his evolved spines are really scary for poking), though Akali and Pantheon both have ranged spells they can poke with also. Twisted Fate is classified as an assassin, but I'm not really comfortable with that category for him - his only way of getting at the back line is his very long cooldown ultimate, and isn't normally used to get at the backline in a teamfight. Normally any assassin is classified that way by being able to pounce on a high priority target, such as the jump/pounce abilities from Akali, Kha'zix, and Pantheon.


12