Is this a good idea?

Yes. 231 81.05%
No. 33 11.58%
I don't know. 21 7.37%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

New Custom Game Option - Fun Mode - (Poll)

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prof Zuhayr

12-22-2012

Can be used on all maps.
You are level 18 when game starts, you have unlimited gold, but you can only buy the max of 2 of an item (Ex. Only 2 Deathcaps no more)

I think this game mode will be fun and quick.
Please give me your feedback.

EDIT 12/29/12
Link to Degradable Items: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2953449

EDIT 1/6/13
Due to PogoPogoPogoPogo and his evidence and persistence I think that the maker of the custom game should be allowed to choose how much to restrict items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Okay... but there are no restrictions on item builds in the normal game. How can I really test end game item builds in this mode if there are end game builds I could achieve in a real match that I'm not allowed to build in this match?

There is a reason why stacking 6 Phantom Dancers doesn't really work. And stacking 6 Infinity Edge or Rabadon Deathcaps is terrible. There's a reason the pros don't do it, and it's because it's terrible in teamfights and end game.

But if I wanted to build six of those items in a real game, nothing prevents me from doing it. So why shouldn't I be allowed to try it out in this sandbox mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Why is building multiple of an item automatically trolling?

I'm not allowed to build 3 Doran's Blades? Or more? I'm not allowed to build 3 or more Warmog's Armor as Volibear? Boots, Atma's Impaler, and four Warmog's isn't inherently trolling as Volibear. It's a perfectly legitimate build...

Yet your sandbox mode, which you're asking for primarily as a way to test builds, limits my ability to test builds in a way that no other game mode limits me.

playerwinner

12-22-2012

anything with an unlimited gold option would be fun to play just to have a quick relaxing game, and practice team fighting.

Cloudpost

12-23-2012

It would be a nice way to get the feel of different builds, but is pretty unrealistic compared to normal games. In a normal game a support doesn't get a lot of gold, and early game champions never have their chance at being aggressive to shut down late game champs, since you are forcing the late game. This should really be named "Sandbox Mode" instead of "Fun Mode", that feels more fitting anyway. I've never understood why League didn't have a way to test different builds and skills, without starting a custom game by yourself and farming up.

Prof Zuhayr

12-23-2012

^ agreed

KTcrazy

12-23-2012

Good idea. I think this would also be nice for fives teams to train up team fights etc. and would be more relaxing and fun, testing builds.So yeah

Exprima

12-23-2012

I like this idea, just for the sake of practicing team fights.

Prof Zuhayr

12-28-2012

bump
thanks guys for the feedback

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-28-2012

So I have a question. Why, exactly, are you calling it "fun mode", giving level 18 and unlimited gold right away, and then restricting the items you can buy?

"I'm going to give you a billion dollars, make you invincible to every sort of death, but you can only do anything in the world a grand total of twice. IE. you can only have *** twice, you can only eat twice, etc."

Wtf?

Ithrowrocksatchi

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
So I have a question. Why, exactly, are you calling it "fun mode", giving level 18 and unlimited gold right away, and then restricting the items you can buy?

"I'm going to give you a billion dollars, make you invincible to every sort of death, but you can only do anything in the world a grand total of twice. IE. you can only have *** twice, you can only eat twice, etc."

Wtf?
Im not sure you get what he means, the restrictions on the items is so that people actually get to try out diff. items instead of stacking 6 deathcaps and IE, or if you are master YI stacking 6 phantom dancers and just trolololol everywhere, the restrictions is so people can have fun while making progress to their normal games by trying out new builds and testing them out in late game scale teamfights, p.s. if riot actually reads this and agrees to do so, i would pick karthus every single game just cause of his ult.

Fate000

12-28-2012

This seems fun, especially for new players who tend to have trouble in teamfights (me included). Also a nice touch would be to have ~3-4 minutes before the champs can exit base to give time to buy these items.

1234511 ... 12