Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Goldare (Gol - Dare) The Mastermind

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolemak1985

12-22-2012

Name: Goldare
Title: The Mastermind
Tags: Ranged, Pusher, Support

Physical Description:
Goldare is tall and dark. He wears a black leather trench coat, that is only held closed by two buttons. An eye patch covers his left eye, and an empty sleave marks his left arm that is missing. Goldare has black, short, yet spiked hair style, with a 5 o’clock shadow on his face. He also wears the iconic pin-striped slacks and black gloss dress shoes of a mobster. And what is a Crime Boss if he doesn’t have a gun. Strapped under his left sleave is a Chrome and Gold plated Dessert Eagle pistole.

Lore:
Being a criminal master mind, one learns to stay out of sight, and hidden while you pull the strings of others. For the longest time, Noxus had a crime spree that could not be kept in check. When the criminals were captured and tortured for information fot the where-abouts of their leader, they only replied with, “The Mastermind!” The range of his followers were from the gutter trash cowards, to the bravest of bar brawlers. The Noxus authorities had been pushed to their brink, and they called for Swain to step in and bring this annoyance down. After a month of careful planning, Swain managed to flush Goldare out into the light. But this man was beyond anything Swain had stood against on the battle fields.

Goldare had a decor and charisma about him, that even gave the “Immovable Swain” pause. As Goldare gave the order to pull back, Swain watched while Goldare covered each of his men with a single pistol. Unable to track him back down, Swain sought the assistance of the Leagues summoners. With Goldare's description, the Summoners were able to locate and summon Goldare before Swain. As Goldare went for his pistol, he took a quick glance of the room around him. Surrounded, outnumber, and outmatched, he surrendered. Swain then did the unthinkable. Swain offered him his freedom if he swore to fight for Noxus in the League. The slight smirk that crossed Goldare's face all the answer Swain needed.

Quote:
“ So much potential here. And I aim to exploit it! “ - Goldare -

Selection quote:
“Let’s show them who the big fish really is.”

Comments:
- Note: Goldare's voice is deep, rough, and italian accent.
Attacking:
- Fire away.
- I got this!
Moving:
- Stepping it up.
- And, here... we... Go!
Taunt:
- Ha! Is that all you got?
- Get back up! I dare you.
Joke:
- Oh sure! Blame the one armed man.
- Hey! Did you here the one about the Holy Bartender?

Skills:
Passive - Charisma - (Icon Idea: A sinister grin with the white star sparkle in the corner)
Any leader knows that you have to have Charisma to have people follow you. Well money, power, and lackies with guns help too.
-Effect- Goldare very presence is all inspiring, or just a push of fear of what he will do to them if they fail. Allies on the field gain 1% movement speed and attack speed for every unit killed (Stacking up to 5%) and lasts for 6 seconds. If Goldare is killed on the field, all buffs are removed until he returns the field. Additionally, Any items with Aura effects that are equipt to Goldare, the effects are extend to his teams surrounding minnions as well.

Skill 1 (Q) - Bribery - (Icon Idea: Hand with coins in it.)
Description: Bribing is always a great way to make friends, and every hand with a gun is a help.
-Effect- Goldare Bribes enemy minions and turns them to his side. The first (2/3/4/5/6) Minions hit with this wave change sides, and fight for Goldare's team instead.
Range: Mid-ranged Cone at (45/56/67/78/90) degree arch.
Cost: (30/40/50/60/70) Mana
Cool-down: (60/55/50/45/40) seconds

Explanation: When I looked over the champions, there was not a single champion that used mind-control. So why not put it to use and give those poor minions a Larger roll in the game. The reason for his cooldown being so long, is it would become quickly over-powering if if he took over every minion wave.

Skill 2 (W) - Incentive - (Icon Idea: The shadowed outline of a figure with one arm raised.)
Description: The promise of rewards of money, fame, and status drives people to do things that they normally would never even think of doing.
-Effect- Goldare Encourages his allies and minions. Skill restores 10% of the allies missing health, 5% of their missing mana, and increases their Attack damage by (10/20/30/40/50%) of Goldare's own Bonus AD, Ability power by (10/20/30/40/50)% of Goldare's own Bonus AD, and gold gain (2/4/6/8/10%) from kills for the next (4/6/8/10/12) seconds. Minions are healed for Half their missing health and have their attack damage is boosted as well.
Range: Long ranged 360 degree arch centered on himself.
Cost: (50/75/100/125/150) Mana
Cool-down: (30/28/25/23/20) seconds.

Explanation: This skill is that tiny push that gets the group over the hill, and if a team fight brakes out, and Goldare goes unchecked, the battle can quickly be over turned, and ends up as a large pay out for the team. This skill is meant to help Goldare support not only his team, but the minion of the team as well.

Skill 3 (E) - Death Threat - (Icon Idea: outline of a head with a bullseye on the forhead. )
Description: Goldare Issues a death threat to the enemy champions. This skill immobilizes Goldare as he covers his allies retreat. If the enemy champion continues to approach Goldare for the next 2 seconds, Goldare fires a single round that reduces the enemy movement speed by 50%, and releases Goldare to move freely. If the Enemy continues to approach, Goldare Fires a stunning shot that lasts (.5/1/1.5/2/2.5) seconds. While under this effect, Goldare firing range is increased to his edge of his sight range. (Note: This skill does no damage)
Durration: 6 seconds, then skill goes to cooldown.
Cost: (70/65/60/55/50) mana
Cool-down: (80/75/70/65/60) seconds.

Explanation: What better way to support the team than to suppress the enemy as they try to chase down their allies. Goldare will not only slow the ENTIRE enemy team down, but if they try to press, a second shot stuns them giving Goldare a chance to get out himself.

Ultimate (R) - Temporary Insanity - (Icon Idea: The cartoon confusion face with a "?" stamped on the head)
Description: Goldare's Charisma has excelled to the point that the enemy is starting to have second thoughts about their own allies. For a brief moment, the Targeted enemy champion turns and attempts to attack his own allies using a random skill for the next 3 seconds. Enemies effected by this, gain 20% movement speed, 50% Attack speed, 50% of Goldare's Bonus Attack damage, and 50% of Goldare's Bonus Ability power. The boost is lost as the effect ends. The skill robs the enemy player of control of their champion, and forces their champion to assult allied champions with any one skill that is available at random, to include the Ultimate if not already on Cooldown. If the Converted Enemy does kill the target, Full credit for the kill goes to Goldare, and 10% of the gold gained by Goldare is shared with the Converted enemy.
Range: Mid-ranged
Cost: (120/180/240) Mana
Cool-down: (120/180/240) seconds.

Explanation: I am a fan of Morde's ultimate skill, but I just hate the fact that you have to kill them to get a copy of them. This way, you can turn the tide of a battle in a heartbeat if the right enemy is hit at the right time. The reason the cooldown increases with leave insted of reducing, is because if Goldare were allowed to do this every 60 seconds, it would quicly get out of hand with he focused Cooldown reduction. If you were to use this on an enemy Nunu, and he used his Ultimate and killed the entire enemy team with. just to have Goldare repeat the porsecess in the next team fight. The reason for the extending cooldown is to prevent such event from taking place.

Background:
Goldare’s past is one of obscurity and chaos. He was born to a wealthy family, was an only child, and was brought up in a happy home. Upon turning thirteen however, Goldare started to become extremely bored with the higher class life. As a teenager, Goldare slowly started with theft, that slowly turned into grand theft, and would eventually land him in the heart of a Noxian Gang. This back water no-name gang took him in after watching him make off with Guardsman coin purse, and get away with it. With a gang now to support him, Goldare cut all ties to his family and adopted the gang. This life was far more lively and enjoyable to him. As Goldare got older, more and more of the gang started to see him as a leader, so he started planning more and more complex heists. During one such heist, there was an unexpected turn of events that ended up with half the members of the gang being captured. What Goldare did next shocked the gang and the guards holding his men. Goldare claimed full responsibility and leadership of the gang while demanding the trade of his men for himself. Once his men were released, Goldare attempted to double cross the guards and payed dearly for it. The cost of his left arm and left eye were all the gang needed to rally behind him. They now knew that Goldare was willing to do anything to save his brothers in arms. Word quickly spread of the event, the gang’s size grew, and Goldare slipped into shadows.

Clearly this champion is not quite ready for the field, but that is why we post them here. To fine tune and perfect our ideas in hopes of getting them to the fields for all to see and enjoy.

I have come to accept the fact a lot of people do not care to leave comments, so I will judge progression by the number of views I get. Constructive Criticism is most welcome, but please be respectable about it.

Tolemak1985

12-22-2012

Wow, 52 views and not one coment... I can't tell if that is a good or a bad thing.

Tolemak1985

12-23-2012

97 views... come on, someone has got to have something to say about this guy?

Tolemak1985

12-24-2012

121 views... Someone please say something...

Tolemak1985

12-24-2012

YoIo McSwaggens

Recruiter

12-24-2012

This guy looks like a VERY interesting support. The only question is this; what are the ranges for his skills, mainly his passive, W, and his ult. Also, he looks like can 2v1 or even 3v1 with not a lot of trouble. And sometimes people with responses trickle in slowly, so relax a little.

Tolemak1985

12-29-2012

It took 4 days just to get your thoughts XD lol Thank you for the input and I will address the ranges and such when I have a moment.

Tolemak1985

12-30-2012

Tweeks and been done, and a few gramatical errors corrected. Please let me know what you think ^_^. I am glad to see I broke 250 views.

mattsbakedd

12-30-2012

interesting abilities, i like them :]

Tolemak1985

12-31-2012

388 views. XD and thank you for the complament. As time goes by and I get more views I start doing all the other things like scetch work and such.