Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why we hate Elo-Hell believers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyroleech

04-20-2013

Not sure I agree on the reaching your Level by 150 games.

I've played exactly 150 games with kat this season which has so far taken me from bronze 5 to silver 2. The fact I'm on a 13 win streak atm in silver 3/2 shows im not meant to be here.

Baxter the Teddy

04-20-2013

Quote:
Pyroleech:

I've played exactly 150 games with kat this season which has so far taken me from bronze 5 to silver 2. The fact I'm on a 13 win streak atm in silver 3/2 shows im not meant to be here.

Which is why you're going up..? You're not stuck?

Pyroleech

04-20-2013

No I'm not stuck but he was saying by 150 games you should have reached your skill level/correct standings.

Selcopa

04-20-2013

Quote:
Pyroleech:

But you have over 300 games played, are you trying to suggest that when you had 1 game played you were equally as skilled as you are right now.

Are you even trying to suggest that you are equally as skilled as when you had 150 games played?

Ori Chan

09-16-2013

I admit I have hardly played any ranked matches, I could 'probably' pull myself to gold or platinum if I put the time or effort, but my experience from playing my placement matches and the ones immediately following them is that the players around me truly below my skill level and I refuse to try and claw my way out. I am happy playing blind picks with my friends I do not need to get a high rank and make an ego about myself. But those of you who believe there is no elo hell you are horribly mistaken. Yes everyone starts in the same place but as league of legends becomes bigger more and more low skilled players start playing the game and immediately jump into ranked the moment they hit level 30, this trend gets many people going 0/12/3 or something to that extent from going way over-aggressive and placing 0 wards. When I have played ranked I have won my lane about 80% of the time, but other lanes feed so hard that it is difficult to pull the game, I am usually support because I am too, how should i say it 'nice' of a person who is happy filling. I have met people who are diamond through sources such as teamspeak lobbies who told me I should easily find myself in platinum for the level of support I give, but this doesn't help if I am supporting an ADC who can't farm, or has no map awareness or the thought like 'Hey Im in a bad situation I should fall back to my turret' when you are just starting out, around where your placement matches have just ended you'll find people who are just plain bad, they complain all game and argue with each other. I have had several games in which people simply went afk and never came back, this kind of attitude drops people into elo hell as we call it, yes it doesn't happen every single game, but it happens enough times to discourage people from actually trying. I think I have played a total of 13 ranked matches, maybe up to 15 but I do not think it exceeds that, in season 3 since the very beginning. I do not play ranked simply because I do not enjoy it, it isn't fun to me due to the negative attitude of players there, to be honest I only enjoy playing when I am queued up with 4 or 5 people. My friends are bad at the game, but at least in blind pick my 'elo' rating wont fall from their feeding. You plat/diamond people will probably skim over this and just call me trash for my attitude towards this subject but that just shows your own immaturity. I simply just don't have the 'time' or more accurately the 'patience' to deal with the toxicity known as elo hell.

Cadre

09-16-2013

You aren't trash. You're just ridiculous. If you don't care about ELO Hell, don't feel like you have an ego about your skill level, and are fine with Blind Pick, then why are you posting on this subject?

Cadre

09-16-2013

Also, KDA doesn't matter. Team gold matters. Therefore objectives matter. I could minimize my deaths every game by hugging my lane and never getting involved in team activities. However, I would likely lose the vase majority of my games.

As far as the players who say "I'm on a 13 game win streak with such and such..." Stop. Stop complaining. Congratulations on winning games. This is a good thing. If you continue to win at that rate, you will not be in Silver very long. But do you have the ego to believe that RIOT should watch your matches and say, "oh ****, that kid deserves plat based on these 13 games." They developed a system that recognizes good play. If you continue to effect games in a positive way, continue to win matches, you will move up. Period. But at a rate of change that makes sense. It probably wouldn't be very fun for you if you were suddenly in Gold I and II getting stomped by higher skilled players. (Or Plat I and II if you are already a high tier silver, low tier gold player.)