Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Why we hate Elo-Hell believers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deeeJAY

Member

12-29-2012

Why i hate Elo-hell non-believers: http://i.imgur.com/ClTrC.jpg (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fb3Nm8.jpg)

Here we have two people on my team being carried into a higher bracket, while their carry falls even deeper into elo hell. Fizz was a feeder originally 0-6, and it's he who initialized Akali's impressive score. Nasus was top vs LeBlanc but he doesn't know how to build. He built a support item which our support already had and he was building AP.

What else could Akali have done to ensure her teams victory? Maybe she doesn't carry hard enough... LOL....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larrythetapist

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
deeeJAY:
Why i hate Elo-hell non-believers: http://i.imgur.com/ClTrC.jpg (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fb3Nm8.jpg)

Here we have two people on my team being carried into a higher bracket, while their carry falls even deeper into elo hell. Fizz was a feeder originally 0-6, and it's he who initialized Akali's impressive score. Nasus was top vs LeBlanc but he doesn't know how to build. He built a support item which our support already had and he was building AP.

What else could Akali have done to ensure her teams victory? Maybe she doesn't carry hard enough... LOL....


Akali is one of those heroes that can get a lot of kills but lack carrying power. She can really only burst one person down at a time. Akali is like Leblanc in this fashion: you are guranteed a decent, maybe even amazing K/D ratio every game, but you have low utility late game and you can't carry a game even when you are super-fed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thelohel

Senior Member

12-30-2012

The reality is that the Akali should've been able to cause a win there. Why and how he failed to do so its a mystery.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FedeDotti

Senior Member

12-30-2012

And you assume the only way to prove intelligence is by getting a university degree? So wrong.... I go to college too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjagear

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
FedeDotti:
And you assume the only way to prove intelligence is by getting a university degree? So wrong.... I go to college too.


u sound like even tho u r going to a uni u r still a moron.... i think u need to take a philo course or an english course or something


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baxter the Teddy

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Intelligence can be proven in many ways, a Masters or higher (cause nearly anyone can get a bachelors) proves the time, dedication and enough intelligence to retrieve it.

High ELO shows the time, dedication and skill to get there. The problem with this comparision is SIMPLY by talking to someone with a high intelligence you can (ussually) garner their level of intelligence. Or by reading a paper. etc. etc. The only way, besides them having a HIGH ELO, to prove someone is good at lol is to watch them.

And the fact is, I have yet to see or meet the the replay/someone who has seen a replay where a TRUE plat skilled player, who made NO MISTAKES and took leadership of their team, did not win a MAJORITY of the time at a ELO lower than the one they deserved. Some games ARE unwinnable but MOST are.

So, maybe they exist but no one has proven it yet. And most people who claim it really aren't as smart as they claim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larrythetapist

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
FedeDotti:
And you assume the only way to prove intelligence is by getting a university degree? So wrong.... I go to college too.



Not all smart people have a degree in theoretical physics.


However, everyone who has an advanced degree in theoretical physics from a top university is a buttload smarter than you or I.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deeeJAY

Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Larrythetapist:
Akali is one of those heroes that can get a lot of kills but lack carrying power. She can really only burst one person down at a time. Akali is like Leblanc in this fashion: you are guranteed a decent, maybe even amazing K/D ratio every game, but you have low utility late game and you can't carry a game even when you are super-fed.


Lacks carrying power? Are you serious? Most champs can only burst one person down at a time and most AP champs can only burst once every 7-15 seconds. Akali has a 1 second ult and a 4 second Q... Nuff said...

Lastly:
Just because someone had the patience and money to go through eight years of additional schooling to receive a doctorate doesn't mean they're more intelligent. If anything, i would assume they're less intelligent, or at the very least a dull, boring, unoriginal person. Eight extra years of school, only to become an intern and start back at the bottom? Then there's a high chance they don't like their job and excessive hours, or they get sued for malpractice and neglect in the first year of internship... Dumb...

Meanwhile, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg are dropping out of 4 year programs, becoming billionaires and changing the course of world history. Your IQ is irrelevant. Degrees are irrelevant. Trying to justify your argument by saying people with specific pieces of paper are smarter than others with similar pieces of paper is moot. Then you can't even spell check? Come on dude...how do you expect people to take you seriously?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larrythetapist

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
deeeJAY:


Meanwhile, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg are dropping out of 4 year programs, becoming billionaires and changing the course of world history. Your IQ is irrelevant. Degrees are irrelevant. Trying to justify your argument by saying people with specific pieces of paper are smarter than others with similar pieces of paper is moot. Then you can't even spell check? Come on dude...how do you expect people to take you seriously?


I am agreeing with you man. That's the point. you need to be able to justify your intelligence in one way or another. Getting an advanced degree is one way. Making buttloads of money or changing the course of history is another way.

You can't be that guy who says "Oh I'm so smart, even though I can do nothing extraordinary and has no recognizable talent in any way, I'm smarter than you because I say so."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larrythetapist

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
deeeJAY:


Meanwhile, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg are dropping out of 4 year programs, becoming billionaires and changing the course of world history. Your IQ is irrelevant. Degrees are irrelevant. Trying to justify your argument by saying people with specific pieces of paper are smarter than others with similar pieces of paper is moot. Then you can't even spell check? Come on dude...how do you expect people to take you seriously?



also FYI, Gates and Zuckerberg were both dropped out of Harvard.

That's like refusing gold elo seeding because they are forced to play at +\- 12elo a game.

They were like, screw u guys, start me at 1200 elo with standard +/- 40 elo placement matches and ill still get to diamond faster than any of you f*ckers.

They are both counter-theory to real-life elo hell if you think about it.