Vi OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackpanther26

12-21-2012

I already don't like playing against the new champ as if you have armor it is rendered useless against her. dose any one else think this way?

Allier

12-21-2012

Me and a buddy played 1v1 in top lane on Summoners Rift, he played Vi and I played Jax. Something I learned about fighting her is that "you" need to be the bully. If you play conservatively she'll win. Try staying in front or away from your own minions because her poke can be demoralizing if you get hit with it a couple of times. Don't let her slap you around.

Edit: No she is not OP, learn to adapt and overcome.

I Like Tanks

12-21-2012

Yes, Vi is OP.

BosonHiggins

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allier View Post
Me and a buddy played 1v1 in top lane on Summoners Rift, he played Vi and I played Jax. Something I learned about fighting her is that "you" need to be the bully. If you play conservatively she'll win. Try staying in front or away from your own minions because her poke can be demoralizing if you get hit with it a couple of times. Don't let her slap you around.
^ This

Vi's early game relies on people succumbing to her intimidation. Her E hurts like hell, but she can only cast it twice in rapid succession so she can't really burst you down early game. Capitalize on that; make her blow both of her charges for her E and then she's toast. If she takes her Q at level 1, A) she is retarded and B) she's going to have terrible farm. Worm your way around in front of her and she can't use it to escape.

tl;dr Vi is an easy first blood, no matter if she takes her E or Q first.

Grand Eleven

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosonHiggins View Post
^ This

Vi's early game relies on people succumbing to her intimidation. Her E hurts like hell, but she can only cast it twice in rapid succession so she can't really burst you down early game. Capitalize on that; make her blow both of her charges for her E and then she's toast.
Not only that but if she harasses too much she pushes the lane. She's actually got a weak early game once you get used to her style, it's her mid game that gets scary. A 9/21 Vi with frozen mallet will be able to isolate and initiate the decimation of your carry easily.

Comrade281

12-21-2012

So her armor break is op is what you saying?

Undtoromeso

12-21-2012

He's saying he cannot comprehend basic game mechanics and fails to adapt to anything new. All armor purchases are nearly useless now without her W helping anyway.

Johnnie5DubV

12-23-2012

Its not that she's op... its that armor cost has went up while penetration is easier to get. Also, you can't stack health versus her because she does %health damage... your best bet is to just build pure damage and go all in against her and hope you win. Its more a preseason 3 problem than a Vi is op problem.