[Karthus Players] Good? Worth buying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Competence

10-14-2010

I was looking into buying my first 6300 champion, and between Vladimir/Karthus, I can't really choose. I am interested in Anivia, but want to buy either Vlad/Karth first to get into casters; I've played most of the other 6300 champs, and these two were the casters that interested me the most.

1. Is Karthus worth buying for his price tag currently?
2. Vlad worth buying for his price tag currently?
3. How is Twitch/Kog Maw? They seemed good; are they usually the type to only do well with premades?

Thanks a lot!

CecilRhodes

10-14-2010

Pick Vlad.

Kadzin

10-14-2010

depends,
I personally dislike the mouseover spells.
and Q spam
The sky lasers is pretty much the only reason to get him.

tigerbb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-14-2010

karthus take you more skill to play,his lay waste Q need to predict your enemy movement,his wall of pain have great slow and magic penetration.his ultimate is global which make players scare when they are in low hp.however karthus is too squishy and if someone buy banshee,you will mad about that.
vald is more viable/worth to play/buy,because of his passive AP/HP +, nice survivability with the blood pool,AOE ult which helps your teamfight.

Rawesomacher

10-14-2010

Honestly if I were you I'd get anivia first if you're interested in her. She is by far the most difficult caster to play effectively, and if you can master Anivia, any other champion you play will by comparison be easier to learn.

On topic though, Karthus is worth it in my opinion, but there are a couple things you should know.
-Your ultimate can be interupted easily. Only cast it while you are Defying Death, or are not near any enemy champions
- Keep in mind that you can still cast damage spells in your immediate area for 8 full seconds after you die. This makes you one the only champions who is an asset to your team even after death, and can sometimes even help tip the odds in your team's favor.
-Your Lay Waste will take some time to learn to use correctly, but it has a very low mana cost and is one of the best forms of harassment in the game. Use it to your advantage to deny your enemies gold from last hits.
-If a teammate is fighting an enemy and will lose, do not wait to use your ultimate after they are dead to pick up the kill. Use it to give your teammate the advantage. One of two things will happen: Your teammate will gain the advantage and thus win the fight, getting a kill, or the enemy will sense that their advantage is gone, and will run. Either way is very good, as a Living ally is nearly always more valuable than a dead enemy.

Chobimo

10-15-2010

I think he's fun, but he's super squishy, isn't the best lane mate, and are ultimately better choices as far as 6300 champs go.

Baalboy5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Karth is alot of skill req, a good karth can own tho.
Vlad doesnt take as nearly as much skill as karth.

Gizamimi

10-15-2010

I think this guy's pic sums up Karthus well...

http://i51.tinypic.com/u2e89.jpg

Its the absolute best you could be, and the absolute worst situation to play against.

Pewbacca

10-15-2010

I love him and consider myself a pretty good Karthus (take a peek at my match history scores with him) however he takes a lot of patience to learn to play him. Also dont be afraid of dying, a dead Karthus is just as effective as a living Karthus. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing a Karthus standing in the back during a team fight.

Gentlelen

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizamimi View Post
I think this guy's pic sums up Karthus well...

http://i51.tinypic.com/u2e89.jpg

Its the absolute best you could be, and the absolute worst situation to play against.
should have gotten lichbane instead of will of the ancients, and maybe a GA as well.

people never expect karthus to solo a tower