hard to use active items..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

posis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Yeah, I'm noob in that it is too hard for me to use active items.

When I'm in a battle, my sight is focused on CD of QWER, my health, and main screen.
When I'm not in a battle, my sight is focused on minimap and main screen.

Anytime, it is hard to aware that I'm able to active an item.

I think it is better that the icons of active items is just on top of QWER skill buttons, (probably similar position to buff icons)
then one can see CD of not only skills but also active items at the same time.
(or at least, taking a buff such as "you can active Youmuu's Ghostblade" is also helpful)

Moreover, in keyboard, 123456 buttons are just on top of QWER buttons, too.

I think this suggestion will be helpful for noobs like me.

Cold scars

10-15-2010

dude if u got an active item..
put it in ur first item slot , then press the number 1 , just above the Q button and u just used ur item

Blue Legend

10-15-2010

my suggestion is put in in slot 5, but whatever works for you. my advice is to practice using the actives a lot, instead of your other skills ie put it as your main focus instead of using your skills. this way you work it into you mind that you have an active item to use. once you feel you got it down go back to your normal way of playing, incorporating the item when needs be.

jgv115

10-15-2010

Or if you have a gaming mouse, you can bind an item slot to an unneeded button on your mouse.

ChocMilk

10-16-2010

I think where it is to activate is fine in the item slots, but what could be a possibility is to show the item CD where the buffs are. I find myself not checking the item slots for CD sometimes, and if it was were the buffs were, I would probally see it. As far as activation goes, the buttons are fine for me.

IAmTheGuy

10-17-2010

Its not really a problem once you get used to the game. I kept forgetting to used them before, but not anymore as u get used to the rest of the game u can spare more attention to it. Its like learning marco in sc2, the more u do it the less little things you forget.

Jaguarvision

10-18-2010

this helps alot! i was always clicking on active items or just forgetting about them

Alicifer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Omgosh I know exactly what you mean. I wouldn't say that I'm a complete noob at the game, it's not that hard to get the hang of. When it comes to cd's and activations for items, when I'm in the middle of a fight and am concentrating on shunpo'ing to a fellow team mate before I die, I would love to have a macro screaming at me on the screen saying that Zhonya's is ready to use, or that DFG can take off that tiny amount of health from an enemy before they can get away.
I reckon they should have icons somewhere on the screen [prob at the buff bar like stated above] next to GA's cd.

Just my two-cents worth.

purostaff

11-17-2010

bump for justice...

Is there anyway to make item UI any bigger? I swear I forget to use them items 90% of the time when fights broke out.. The small icon makes it very hard to aware that it's there and all you concentrate on is your abilities and cooldown 99% of the time. I'm 300+ games in and still not used to it. Maybe I have downs... who knows..

But in all seriousness, please look into it asap <3