Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Simpuhl's Holy Moly Akali Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thong Bonerstorm

10-17-2010

I don't know much about Akali, but I need to get this out.

Perseverance is a terrible mastery on EVERY champion. 4% is a laughable amount. Your level 18 regen is 3.79 HP/sec without the mastery, and 3.94 with it. To even see 1 HP due to the mastery you would need to wait 6.66 seconds.

Put it into Good Hands. I don't care how much you claim "I don't die", you will and it's hindering your team if you refuse to accept it. Imagine you get focused down in a team fight 45 minutes in. You're dead for almost a full minute. The rest of your team holds them back for a bit, but without their carry (i.e. you) the other team get into your base and starts killing stuff. 4.5 seconds could be the difference between them getting your nexus towers or getting scared away when fed Akali comes back.

Skwid1g

10-17-2010

Quote:
Simpuhl:
your masteries dont even make sense, how are u getting to the second tier with only 3 points in first tier of offense... and dorans shild is for noobs.

also those are complete ****.

doran's shields for noobs lOLoloOLOlOloLol

Simpuhl

10-17-2010

Quote:
Skwid1g:
doran's shields for noobs lOLoloOLOlOloLol

Also people who say **** like "lOLoloOLOlOloLol" are noobs also.

Montegomery

Recruiter

10-18-2010

Quote:
Simpuhl:
1. Those runes are up to you, but I do a lot of early ganking to get a head so having the extra AP from the start works out better for me.

2. I do crit a lot, but you could change your talents around slightly you dont exactly have to match mine.

3. I explained why I use heal in the guide, I do alot of tower dives and bait people... they stick around to fight and bam, toss up a heal and then they are like O ****... and its gg.

4. because it stacks with my discipline and i am able to stay in a lane longer with the life steal and little healing. I try and lane as long as I possibly can before buying.

1. Let's say you start actively trying to gank people at level 4, which is early considering Akali only becomes a master ganker at level 6 (when the AP/Level runes become better anyway). The AP difference at level 4 is 2.79 total. Literally, you have 2.79 fewer AP with AP/Level glyphs compared to Flat AP. Outside of people face checking bushes at level 1 your advantage from Flat AP isn't all that much.

2. Statistically speaking you aren't critting as much as you think you are. Your only source of crit is the 2% mastery, meaning you only crit 2% of the time. Lucky streaks happen, but increasing those 2% of attacks by 10% is .2% more damage for three mastery points, which doesn't affect damage from Sheen/Lich Bane or anything other than your weak, base auto attack damage. Lethality is probably the worst investment of mastery points you can make.

3. I read your explanation in the guide, but was noting that you can theoretically avoid two tower hits with Flash, which is more damage prevented than heal recovers, particularly during the low level ganks you enjoy.

4. Perseverance doesn't stack with your discipline, it applies only to Health/Mana Regen, not Spell Vamp or Life Steal. It's completely worthless on any non-mana champions, and also on any mana champions who don't build for regen.

Simpuhl

10-18-2010

I did end up switching to the runes you suggested because I did the math and your correct about it... I usually dont gank until 6 anyway. But I still can't find a better way to setup my masteries.. can you give me an example. I really want Havoc.

Simpuhl

10-18-2010

What do you think about this? If I use exhaust and ghost http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/0103441100330100000000000000030140100000000

Simpuhl

10-18-2010

I chose 4 points in Alacrity because its sometimes hard to get an auto attack off when chasing someone after u throw your Q at them.

Montegomery

Recruiter

10-18-2010

Swap Lethality for Sunder. The APen applies to Crescent Slash and your Lich Bane procs. Otherwise that's mastery build looks fine.

Simpuhl

10-18-2010

K im douing this instead i really want ingite http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/1003441130300100000000000000030140100000000

Brontobeuf

10-18-2010

Why don't you edit the thread to say "I need advices about my Akali build" instead of "Here is an awesome Akali Build" ? It's fine to have such a constructive change.