Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Simpuhl's Holy Moly Akali Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simpuhl

10-14-2010

Simpuhl's Holy Moly Akali Guide (http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/9024-simpuhl-s-holy-moly-akali-guide.xhtml)

If your new, try her out. If your old, try this build.

Hope you like it, I have gone 40/0 1 time, 36/0 3 times. 20+/0 many many times.

Also please vote on it on the Leaguecraft site, thank you!

Labyrithia

10-14-2010

Wheres your "Strategies" section...?

As a build though, this is superb. Akali dominates with a Rylai's and if you know what you're doing you're not hiding by your bot tower wondering how you actually died 6 times before you could build a Sheen... Good build, not really a guide by my standards.

Medullaris

10-14-2010

Why would you get haunting guise at that point for magic pen vs. void staff or abyssal scepter? haunting guise is generally seen as an early game item.

Also why do you suggest heal and ignite for summoner spells, but put mastery points into improved teleport? also why the points in perseverance? akali doesn't have mana.

Simpuhl

10-14-2010

Cause you can always sale it if you want, but i like the extra hp and magic pen but i have sold it and got void staff before

Simpuhl

10-15-2010

Its updated now... added more.. its almost finished

Montegomery

Recruiter

10-15-2010

I have a few questions I hope you'll clarify.

Why are you using Flat AP glyphs instead of AP/Level? Buying an Amplifying Tome first you'll activate Discipline of Force either way, and AP/Level scales past Flat AP by level.

Why are you filling out Lethality and Deadliness in your masteries? Akali isn't a crit based champion. The 5 points you waste there could easily go into faster leveling or defensive stats.

Why are you taking Heal over Ghost, Flash or Teleport? Flash in particular not only gives you an escape mechanism for exiting your Shroud, but is also better for tower diving as you can block a tower hit with it while simultaneously moving out of range of a second hit.

Why do you take Perseverance? Manaless champions get very little benefit from that mastery.

Texas Snyper

10-15-2010

your masteries are bad. Just bad. Akali is terribad with crit and crit damage. Use this build (http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/0103401120300001030401330000000000000000000)and you'll get the same dmg output but a LOT more survivability out of it. You're picking up all useful masteries without wasting points in useless ones. Also use dodge seals and MR/lvl glyphs for more suvivability. No point in being an assassin when you're a dead assassin. Being a melee, you need to be able to take some hits and keep dishing out the damage while taking those hits. (Also, exhaust + ignite OR flash + ignite)

Also start with a dorans shield for higher survivability/lane staying power. More HP and HP regen = in lane longer = level faster = ganking sooner. While I agree with your item choices from there (except the guise) I do disagree with the order.

dorans shield + hp pot
amp tome + boots 1
sheen + boots2 (merc treads unless they have no CC then sorcerers treads for magic pen)
rylai's
sheen -> lichbane
zhonyas OR thornmail
thornmail OR zhonyas

other good item choices are banshees veil, GA, and hextech gunblade (only after zhonyas and only IF you're going glass assassin route)

Simpuhl

10-17-2010

Quote:
Montegomery:
I have a few questions I hope you'll clarify.

Why are you using Flat AP glyphs instead of AP/Level? Buying an Amplifying Tome first you'll activate Discipline of Force either way, and AP/Level scales past Flat AP by level.

Why are you filling out Lethality and Deadliness in your masteries? Akali isn't a crit based champion. The 5 points you waste there could easily go into faster leveling or defensive stats.

Why are you taking Heal over Ghost, Flash or Teleport? Flash in particular not only gives you an escape mechanism for exiting your Shroud, but is also better for tower diving as you can block a tower hit with it while simultaneously moving out of range of a second hit.

Why do you take Perseverance? Manaless champions get very little benefit from that mastery.

1. Those runes are up to you, but I do a lot of early ganking to get a head so having the extra AP from the start works out better for me.

2. I do crit a lot, but you could change your talents around slightly you dont exactly have to match mine.

3. I explained why I use heal in the guide, I do alot of tower dives and bait people... they stick around to fight and bam, toss up a heal and then they are like O ****... and its gg.

4. because it stacks with my discipline and i am able to stay in a lane longer with the life steal and little healing. I try and lane as long as I possibly can before buying.

Simpuhl

10-17-2010

Quote:
Texas Snyper:
your masteries are bad. Just bad. Akali is terribad with crit and crit damage. Use this build (http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/0103401120300001030401330000000000000000000)and you'll get the same dmg output but a LOT more survivability out of it. You're picking up all useful masteries without wasting points in useless ones. Also use dodge seals and MR/lvl glyphs for more suvivability. No point in being an assassin when you're a dead assassin. Being a melee, you need to be able to take some hits and keep dishing out the damage while taking those hits. (Also, exhaust + ignite OR flash + ignite)

Also start with a dorans shield for higher survivability/lane staying power. More HP and HP regen = in lane longer = level faster = ganking sooner. While I agree with your item choices from there (except the guise) I do disagree with the order.

dorans shield + hp pot
amp tome + boots 1
sheen + boots2 (merc treads unless they have no CC then sorcerers treads for magic pen)
rylai's
sheen -> lichbane
zhonyas OR thornmail
thornmail OR zhonyas

other good item choices are banshees veil, GA, and hextech gunblade (only after zhonyas and only IF you're going glass assassin route)

your masteries dont even make sense, how are u getting to the second tier with only 3 points in first tier of offense... and dorans shild is for noobs.

also those are complete ****.

Simpuhl

10-17-2010

Anybody else have any suggestions or questions?