Difference between top and bottom lanes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoujin

10-14-2010

I've come across people saying that top is better for the brush while bottom is better for casters. I was under the impression that the top and bottom lanes were identical mirrors of each other. What gives?

Pieson

10-14-2010

in lower level games, top and bottom have very little, if any, difference. However, with more competitive games, dragon comes into play (a nuetural buff near bottom lane), and also both teams have a jungler so top is usually 1v1 along with mid.

garrotedGargoyle

10-14-2010

Top is easier to get out of ganks than bot is, therefor carries like to 1v1 top if mid is occupied.

Bottom is next to Dragon, having an extra player available to stop the enemy jungle from dragoning is mandatory.

Bot is not better for casters, its just that casters generally speaking take a 2v2 while hard carries solo.

Alucard628

10-14-2010

why is top easier to get out of ganks?

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2010

Meh, i would argue that it depends which side you are on in regards to the easier to getting out of ganks.

Eppa

10-15-2010

The difference is that top is farther away from Dragon and depending on which side your on Red buff is closer on one side.

Keng Senpai

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard628 View Post
why is top easier to get out of ganks?
Shorter distance to run back i guess. I don't see the difference but ward will figure it all out

Redvibez

01-03-2011

Wait how is top easier to escape ganks? I've heard this alot too but I never figured out why that is.

Bringbackpluto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2011

Like someone else said, it's relevant to which side you start on. IMO, it's easier to get away from ganks if you're farthest from the red buff.

ForeverLaxx

01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringbackpluto View Post
Like someone else said, it's relevant to which side you start on. IMO, it's easier to get away from ganks if you're farthest from the red buff.
If you notice, the brush at the end of the river is placed on the side furthest from the lizard buff. This is true for both top and bottom lanes. Whether or not that makes that side of the river easier to gank (by virtue of you not needing to wait until that side overextends further than the other side has to), I have no idea. If that was confusing to read, what I mean is that the side closest to the red buff has to push the lane much farther for the river brush to be a "viable" hiding place to setup a gank. Conversely, the side farthest from the lizard buff doesn't even have to push the lane -- they can keep everything in the middle and still be in danger of a gank because of that brush.