From a talon player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuan Shikai

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
proof of data? Riot doesn't even have the data like they said.

They confirmed this in another thread, his damage amplification just DOES not work, he also got a winrate of around 60% right now, he got bfufed enormously by the season 3 changes and now he gets a nerf in response to the fact that a bfuf gets fixed which will buf him enormously, simple as that.

Ratzing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Okay, I'm doing the math. And pay attention, I know nothing abut any nerfs on his ratios, as RoG and Lol Wiki mentions only base damage nerfs, so I'm not including them. Although if the ratios get sliced, then all that is figuring below is garbage and Talon is getting nerfed.

So.

He losts 80 damage on ulti. He gets 15% damage amplification on the target he silenced. Meaning less teamfight potential (hes an assassin, he isn't supposed to have big teamfight potential) but he gets to deal nearly full old base damage on cutthroated target (+66) AND 15% more scaling on AD (54 from 200 bonus AD), AND his Q hits for 15% more (with 200 bonus AD, 31,5). So he lost 80+40 damage, and he gains 66+54+37. So on main target it's 120 vs 157. And I don't even included rake, which is 75 damage on double passing on the cutthroated target.

So, if the E bug was true (and I believe it was, as it was REALLY hard to spot as the damage numbers appeared correctly, only the real damage wasn't calculating the 15% amplification), the following occurs:

Talon gets actually buffed startgame - Rank 1 damage form R wasn't nerfed, and early level difference on Q bleed is marginal, and hey, 3% increase of all damage! @ lvl 6,on full combo, with bonus 40 AD, he'll deal 42 on Q, 208 on W, and 312 on R, which sums up to 562, so if all that hits on Cutthroat dmg amp (which is plausible), he'll deal whooping 16,86 more damage! Given the Q deals 8 less damage, we deal 8 more damage on combo! I call it OP as fuk.

Midgame talon is probably nerfed, as he won't have the E leveled up, and the R and Q damage is more signifacant (although the 3% - 6% increase he will have will help migate some of the nerf). So yea he'll loose from 60 to 100 damage. Although form what I've seen he's the most pubstompyunstoppable during midgame when fed, so I think it's not a bad thing.

Lategame talon, as I already wrote, loses 80 damage per target on ulti, which is I think a good thing, he's not supposed to nuke hard ALL THE TEAM. But, at single target, with all skills hitting (and W and R hitting twice), he looks at potential 232 damage (with 200 bonus AD) more on the target hes supposed to assassinate.

Once more, I haven't seen anything anywhere about his ratios being lowered, so I'm only basing my math on the infos I have. If the ratios ARE being sliced, then... GG.

Ratzing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Oh, and hey, Ignite is amplified now too! So he'll deal 61,5 true damage more (@ 18).

Devastator Jones

12-22-2012

Talon has the 2nd highest win rate of all top laners - second only to Rumble. It's currently slightly over 55%.

You thought Riot would ignore 55% win rate champs when they nerfed a mere 52% win rate Diana.

I'm not suprised Talon got nerfed. He's strong.

Ratzing

12-22-2012

But he's not really nerfed if the E bugfix is legit... Look above. He'll be able to deal 300 dmg more at 18 with 200 bonus AD.

Insoy

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyuva View Post
Talon has the 2nd highest win rate of all top laners - second only to Rumble. It's currently slightly over 55%.

You thought Riot would ignore 55% win rate champs when they nerfed a mere 52% win rate Diana.

I'm not suprised Talon got nerfed. He's strong.
He's a top laner? Really??

Puppito

12-22-2012

they did this because they are bugfixing his e since it actually did not amplify damage

ChÓron

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoy View Post
Yea he wasn't a problem and was hard to play with in S1, S2
They think balancing means nerfing 2 champs and increasing back a little bit of "new" BC's power was the solution. Balancing at it's finest..
INB4 BC getting nerfed again, and Riven/Talon not getting rebuffed.

Maeyu

12-22-2012

Eve says hi... same boat as talon. It's retarded.. melee champs are useless now unless tanky as all get out.