RlOT IS NERFING TALON?!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergirl1995 View Post
Talon has been highest winrate champ since preseason 3 patch. hilarious how talon players are mass downvoting people that point out that he is actually op
You know what else is hilarious?

The fact that everyone who defends the unjust nerfs never get upvotes.

That should tell you who the vocal minority here is.

gsai

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, we have no intention of making Talon unviable, we're simply looking to find a balance for him in the context of Season 3.

The reality is that many of our AD casters were tuned to a state where they could exist in Season 2 with extremely poor itemization that was non-ideal for them.

We now created an environment where they have legitimate optimal item paths and the numbers are now out of balance.

The question to ask ourselves is if Black Cleaver is still too strong for AD Carries like MF or Graves. If we were to nerf Black Cleaver, it may become impossible to even think of building it on non AD Casters.

Looking at any strong item with above 3000+ gold cost will show a high win rate because if you have the resources to buy an item of this tier, you are most likely ahead in the first place. Items are not only an indicator of your future success but also a reflection of your past success. Any decently strong high tier item should statistically look and feel "overpowered."

As a closing note here, there is a buff to Talon that is impossible for the dataminers to get to. We are fixing a bug where the damage amplification from Cutthroat was not actually working.
At the same time you're balancing Talon entirely around BC making him HAVE to build it so that ADCs CAN build it.

Digitality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Are there really this many players not following the trends of what's been going on recently?

Him being bad for awhile does not justify an extended period of being OP. They need to balance him.

DreMLoK

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Certainly not. I found this bug recently. If we had found it a year ago we would have fixed it a year ago.
HOW CONVENIENt

Krynul

12-21-2012

Quote:
Say a champion's ult was intended to do 5000 true damage but there was this nasty bug that made it ACTUALLY do 1 damage. If we were to go and fix said bug we would be BUFFING that champion's damage by 4999.

Talon's E currently amps his damage by 0% for two seconds against a single target, regardless of rank. This bugfix will buff his single target burst by 15% when E is at max rank.
It's literally the opposite of that time where Riot said they were fixing a Shyvanna bug where her burnout was lasting 6 seconds instead of 3... even though her tooltip said it was supposed to last 6 seconds.

CG Jedisock

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRuleAll View Post
Meanwhile, Darius is off in the corner cackling uncontrollably.
This

daves3hd

12-21-2012

I realise these are PBE changes and I am expressing concerns about the current pbe changes and just that
Tbh I don't like the approach riot is handling the bug fix.

I am glad you found this bug and are going to fix this. But my concern is you seem to be assuming players are always going to use E + Q/R to amp their damage in lane and while this is a nice theoretical approach. It's not the optimal damage output in a real fight, only in poke.

Meaning that the bleed damage nerf will probably hit too hard. I like to use rake to close in on enemies and bleed them. when I get the chance to fight. Leaving E up for a second combination for R > E> Q> W again. Though I can see the nerf on his ult being in a better spot, the Q bleed nerf will really chop in a lot of pre damage allowing talon to assassinate.

Wouldn't we be in a better spot just starting by fixing the bug and see where it takes talon at first? Without taking BC in to consideration since this is item related not champion.

tist

12-21-2012

Talons been dominating 2k+ from what I've seen. I'm not that surprised.

Sukuyomii

12-21-2012

Quote:
Certainly not. I found this bug recently. If we had found it a year ago we would have fixed it a year ago.
Just out of curiousity, if I made a champion concept/design would you look at it? I have some ideas for 3 champions and a new mechanic, and I am thinking them through.

Al3x4ndar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, we have no intention of making Talon unviable, we're simply looking to find a balance for him in the context of Season 3.

The reality is that many of our AD casters were tuned to a state where they could exist in Season 2 with extremely poor itemization that was non-ideal for them.

We now created an environment where they have legitimate optimal item paths and the numbers are now out of balance.

The question to ask ourselves is if Black Cleaver is still too strong for AD Carries like MF or Graves. If we were to nerf Black Cleaver, it may become impossible to even think of building it on non AD Casters.

Looking at any strong item with above 3000+ gold cost will show a high win rate because if you have the resources to buy an item of this tier, you are most likely ahead in the first place. Items are not only an indicator of your future success but also a reflection of your past success. Any decently strong high tier item should statistically look and feel "overpowered."

As a closing note here, there is a buff to Talon that is impossible for the dataminers to get to. We are fixing a bug where the damage amplification from Cutthroat was not actually working.
You're nerfing Talon because people were stacking BC on him. Have you forgot that BC problem was fixed? You'll ruin Talon the same way you ruined Trynd, GP and few more. He was already rarely picked before that BC stacking period, now he will be completely forgotten. How about make all his skills do damage to himself only, is that the next step?