Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who are the best champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dancingghouls

12-21-2012

I play strictly TT and have over 350 games played. All heros have the strong and week points with counters and strengths, but the ones that are hardest to counter at periods of the games (on this map are).

#1 Teemo: he has wards on a ward-less map. His wards late game with a full inventory make it hard to get "oracles" (no supports on 3v3 normally), and thus its hard to counter attack after a grueling team fight (1 shroom could mean death). This creates a long stalemate till either a ace is created with 2 players living on 1 side...or you lose to teemo's team. I hate teemo on this map...not unbeatable, but the game is predictable if it goes to long.
#2 Darius: His ult is good enough without the ability to dunk entire team 1 after another.
#3 Singed: Tuff, hard to kill, fast, few areas (tight areas) you can follow him into without "chasing singed".
#4 Jax: easy group stun that bends early fights in his favor. This can decide a match...this is newbish but it happens.
#5 Cho-gath: I am not sure myself...but I find that he is more effective on this map and does very well in the tight areas on the map (rupture lands more often).

I wouldn't fix anyone accept Darius....fix Darius and give us DRAFT.

ByzantineTrilane

12-22-2012

As one of the few Karma players I've seen, I've found no small amount of success here. She is able to effectively hold out, if not push back, all but all three enemies without having the AP boost, and can otherwise harass the enemy champ in her lane. For myself at least, her playstyle uniquely works, being aggressive early game and a good team player late game.

Cowbot

12-22-2012

Hi Riotnome, thanks for asking for feedback.

I play a lot of ranked games, and my ranked team is usually around 1250. So we're not very good, but hopefully our feedback will be useful anyway.

Darius is kind of obvious. He has a pull, and a spammable ult that does true damage. There is no way to defend against him, and because of the lanes and jungle even if we wreck him early game it is easy for him to get enough gold to come back from behind. He is banned 100% of the time.

Whenever the enemy team picks Rumble, we always have a hard time. Rumble's ult does a huge amount of damage, and because of the narrow corridors it is extremely difficult to avoid. If he doesn't hit us directly with it, we still have to walk through it, get slowed, and take extra damage. This combined with is spammable ranged poke in laning phase makes him very difficult to deal with.

Cho'gath can also be a problem. 3v3 fights tend to be a cluster. We can't have a ranged AD carry because there are three enemies all jumping on the ADC, but only two friendlies able to protect the ADC. Usually this means the AD just dies horribly and we lose. Without a ranged, that makes all of the fights pretty close-up and personal, with all three people in about the same place. This lets Cho'gath CC our entire team because he inevitably will strike all of us with his silence and knockup. The counter is to force him to blow his abilities on one person and then have the others go in, but sometimes this is impossible to do. Then of course Cho has his hp steroid, and HP is pretty much the best defensive stat right now with all the new and exciting ways to eliminate MR and Armor.

Just our 2-cents.

TheM0ve

12-22-2012

A simple solution would be to let us ban champs in normal games since the game is balanced around 5v5. Its not much to ask for. A solo ranked queue would also be awesome.

eugeniedude

12-22-2012

3 bruisers or a "protect the kog" comp

Yetti

Recruiter

12-22-2012

Must Bans:

Darius: Banned in ~95% of games. Builds full tank, still does insane damage. Ultimate is extremely strong. Does mixed damage, so hard to itemize against. Focusing him in teamfights is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Singed: Banned in ~90% of games. The BFT nerf should help a bit, although he is still just too good a mixture of tank and damage. He is ok in 5's because AD carry's get fed enough and do enough damage to kill him, but in 3's that is rarely the case. He is so tanky and has so much movespeed that you can't kill him. And if your dumb enought to try to focus him down, the rest of his team will wreck you. He isn't impossible to deal with though, as he is hard countered by Jarvan, Eve or a Frozen Mallet.

Olaf: Banned in ~85% of games. No weak points. Similar to darius, builds tanky and does a lot of damage. Insanely strong for a lvl 1 fight with spammable axes. Very strong laning phase. If he get ahead in the slightest, it's almost impossibly to come back. Playing an AP carry against him is a nightmare, as he will ignore all CC and chase you down and kill you quite quickly. Wooglets helps with this a bit, but until you get that he is a terror.

Good Bans:

Cho-Gath: Banned in ~80% of games. Tanky, good damage, good cc. Strong in the jungle, strong in lane. Main reason he isnt a for sure ban is if he gets behind, he can't do his job as a frontliner. Keep his stacks down, and he actually isn't that hard to kill.

Jax: Banned in ~75% of games. If he gets fed he is a nightmare... I think we all can attest to that. Season 3 items are great on him. He is a very strong pick, but not a must ban simply because he is easy to counter. Malph, Lee Sin and Nunu all counter him really hard, and are strong picks on the map.

Teemo: Banned in ~70% of games. As mentioned, the free map wards are really powerful. He isn't impossible to deal with though, just very very annoying. Have 2 people on your team get either a sweeper or a lantern, and you can kill mushrooms in pretty much all the high traffic areas. Camp him in lane before lvl 6. He is really squishy, and has no built in escapes. The BFT nerf should hit him hard as well.

Honorable Mentions:

Amumu, Wukong, Riven, Pantheon, Rumble, Eve, Diana, Lee Sin, Vi, Nunu, Mordekaiser, Garen. All are solid picks, but not overpowered and don't need any special attention.

Kittie Vomit

12-22-2012

Im so ticked off that RIOT took the heart of gold and thorn mail out of treeline. Theyve pretty much given Tryndamere and Yi fre run of the map with no way to counter them GG

TheM0ve

12-22-2012

Quote:
xBunnyliciouSx:
Im so ticked off that RIOT took the heart of gold and thorn mail out of treeline. Theyve pretty much given Tryndamere and Yi fre run of the map with no way to counter them GG

Trynd is the easiest champ to shut down. Basicly ignite shuts him down. I only take ignite incase I play a trynd. Its a must have.

Mechit447

12-22-2012

Dr.Mundo is a BOSS by far, I can easily win with him in most 2v3 or 4 battles in lanes >

JoelgTwo

12-22-2012

Id have to say one of the best combos i have seen is Nunu, Daruis, Malphite put them all on one team and its good game i mean Daruis alone works lol but with malp and nunu slow to help him chase ppl nunus speed boost for himself and who ever else he chooses come on a little much