Who are the best champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tacosyaroz

12-20-2012

Teemo-for map control and damage on shrooms

Riven-for huge physical damage and CC

Jax-Great damage overall and a good tanky presence in a team fight

Olaf-pretty much the same reason as Jax

Singed-Super tanky and tones of damage with poison, and a team divider with his slow

oliver1350

12-20-2012

Well bruisers are still the strongest so first of all remove darius because it is infinitely harder to kite him and kill him on TT and he is already a broken champ (i still play him when im messing around but he is broken). Also with a good initiator like singed its hard not to die to darius. Also Wukong and Jayce are both really strong but I dont think that is a problem due to them being OP their kits just provide mobility and disruption. Solve all these problems by widening walk ways and expanding the size of the major jungle choke points by a little.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

- Garen is really a large problem on this map (as well as Proving Grounds). His dmg output with just a small amount of defense lets him tear apart a team with taking next to nothing in return. His teamfight presence is rivaled by close to none and can force teamfights all day.

- Riven has arguably the worst snowballing potential I've ever seen for this map. Her gap closing potential paired with the insane inyourfacedmgAVERYWHERE!11! let her win many 1v2s, and even 1v3s due to the new items. Though part of this issue is her champion's current state as well as she seems to be slightly broken on any map. Dat ult =_=.

- Jax also the same snowballing issue that Riven has, though he doesn't even necessarily need to be that fed. His base dmg alone when skills are leveled is very high and he scales well in both early and late game.

- Darius. 'Nuff said already on his front.

- Teemo. Refer to above.

- Brand. This kind of caught me by surprise by how badly he tore up with BFT and Rylai's, but yeah. Also: his ultimate in 3v3 situations is hilarious, but I understand that that's part of what makes him good to pick. Does Rylai's proc on either his passive or BFT passive? If that's the case (which it seemed to be) it must be the reason why he is able to control enemy movement so easily.

gameaholic2k

12-20-2012

While Darius has counters, most of them aren't viable for Twisted Tree line as it's very difficult to place a ranged AD carry in a team that would have the raw damage and range advantage to kite him. Other counters like Yorick don't provide as much CC or damage that even more mandatory for a smaller team.
As Darius is one of the strongest bruisers and nearly unrivaled in melee combat, he'll naturally be the strongest in the map where tanky bruisers shine.

Dr Apocalyptic

12-20-2012

Keep in mind this is my opinion, and I am not a great player, so take this however you want. We are starting a ranked team, but have mostly played blind queue. Again, I know I am not a great player, but adding my minimal two cents.

Teemo - not a strong early game, but if you don't shut him down early, between the mushrooms controlling the map and damage combined with the blind makes him hard for me and my friends to play against.

Darius - moderate early game, but his ult is even better (IMO) on TT because he can more easily dunk all three of us.

Singed - similar to SR, if he gets going, he is almost impossible to stop. After a team fight starts, they seem to soft disengage, and if we follow we will be chasing singed. I feel like the only way to stop him is to have binds, and if you play blind queue its hard to prepare for.

On a personal level, I think Lee Sin and Garen are hard to play against on TT, but not OP, but a hard draw in blind queue. All of these except Teemo come from their ability to deal damage while primarily building tanky. The 3 tanky bruisers with CC are hard to counter. Maybe ranked queues will allow us to plan more.

good job chimpy

Recruiter

12-20-2012

As I see it champions that can permaslow or that have gap closers of anykind are really overpowered on this map.

Specific problems that I have seen are chos e pricing rylais
Trundle(while ive only seen one person play him beyond myself, his entire kit is amazing on thus map)
Morde(mostly sheiks ratios[additionally it could just be me not knowing how to counter him])
Swain(bird form regen)
Diana(though after nerfs not so much)
Nid(spears hurt a lot, as do traps when she gets a bft)
Temmo(mostly cause bft and shrooms)
Dairius(pretty much summed up before)
Singed(pretty much summed up earlier)
Amummu(I honestly think there is just a problem with any tanky characters on this map, since they are already tanky they don't need to build tank and can just build damage to hurt the opposition, instead of actual tank items to be tanky)
a champion that I had been playing recently that was suprisngly good in my opinion was talon, his entire burst combo will severity hurt the enemey team and kill a squishy if they were focused with q and e(his ult and w being aoe, especially with armor pen of from black clever) and having another ad scrolling champion help greatly on cleaning up team fights.
Kah'zix is especially good on the map because it is so easy to seperate opponents from other people, leading to q isolation damage, additionaly his evolved e allows him to jump over most walls on the map.
Eve is especially dangerous win her ult chinking out the opponents health and giving her a shield to help mitigate damage done to her, pared with a bft it seems crazy.

Basically for the champions it seems as if those that are op on other maps are also op on this map because less people make focusing the champion in question harder.

Now onto this a champion that I feel would be very powerful would be tankadin, only because his ult allows him to travel over any wall, including base walls. Then he ults onto a team when that's at Max stacks and the enemy team cant do anything cause hes so tanky and its three people, I have yet to see something like that happening, but I know it would be devistating when it comes true.

Onto the champions specific things are just two other points I want to bring up about the game.
one is brands mana regen seems to work like a chalice
and the second is that the manaregen seems really low on the map, and not actually felt...ever

NotBuzzJack

12-20-2012

Mordekaiser is a pretty big lane bully, and his ability to practically instakill someone while still being a major threat (unlike Leblanc) is crazy.

Elazul Arcanum

12-20-2012

First:Draft pick! and no I don't mean just ranked. Possibly more than 6 total bans until balance gets better.

Second: Understand while individual champs are REALLY strong, what really becomes the issue is combinations, which yield a much bigger issue in tt. Im not sure how to fix that though.

Blitzcrank, is a game changer, the map being smaller, means he can land more grabs that just ruin the game, once the death timers have ramped up to stupid levels like 60 seconds, and ONE blitzcrank grab from the woods, spells the end of the game. And I couldnt see it coming, can stick together with my team and still have to completely hug the side walls opposite of the jungle, or stay in base. Not fun.

Sion, is out of control. The new Ravenous Hydra + his ult is.... I dont have words. Unless you can cc him for the full duration or just flat out run from him, he is going to kill, or at least survive your whole team 3v1.

Darius + kayle is an utter nightmare. In fact Kayle plus any of the champs like irelia, olaf (cant be cced or damaged? FML) Blowing my bans on champs who cc doesnt exactly effect leaves really strong picks like Darius, Jax (who gets defensive stats on activate, from offensive stats) to just punish me.

Also! Proposed fix for Teemopness. Make dat shroom ult a skillshot. Same damage, same charges, just, it makes him have to be IN the fight. Release a lore reasoning "the dark energies in the soil prevent Teemo's shrooms from surviving longer than a few seconds"

Garen either snowballs, or becomes useless. His snowballiness is ridiculous too. Not, "oh just avoid him hes fed" nope its "Hey look its Ga-UGH -dead-" And with the new BC armor doesn't even begin to save you. While I love the big guy, it can feel incredibly impossible to deal with him if a teammate messes up and feeds him 3 times..

Riven... Highest AD scaling, low cooldowns, 4 mini flashes, a stupid strong passive....at lvl 1. She did 75% of my health as Garen with her q plus ONE auto attack. Despite my defensive masteries and armor runes. Plus her massive steroid, which doesnt go away once she "releases" it. which is, an AOE wave execute. Her whole kit make darius look like a baby in 3s. There is literally no downside to her.

Jayce and Nidalee and Elise also have similar issues, but only due to their larger ability pool. It means more potential damage than other champs when utilized correctly. But I like these champs only for their ability to fight other "op" champs, yet having a higher skillcap to be as effective.

I appreciate the constant prodding for answers and keep up the good work Riot. The game is frustrating me a bit now, but when your trying to fix things, I can only say but so much.

SaveTheMaids

12-20-2012

Singed is definitely one of them.
I fear a good Singed more than Darius, Jax, or Olaf.

I got wrecked by a 21/0/9 Singed once and it made me believe.

He was like 4/10/ and we still couldn't ignore him because he did too much damage while being incredibly hard to kill due to his ult.

Wukong and Garen with Black Cleaver are also pretty strong.
Their spin damage is just insane with that item.

Yorick can go like 1/10/0 and still be useful as long as 1 person on his team is doing well.
If he gets fed he 1v3's pretty much.

Elazul Arcanum

12-20-2012

OH let me add, SHACO. ap? Lvl 1 3 boxes will instakill anyone. always. and combine that with a blitz, and he can score kills all game.. and without wards there is no way to know what bush hes in.. for example. I move to take my altar... shaco moves to the bush closest. has been laying boxes in, blitz is just chilling there, and pulls me into the bush and kill me instantly while I was still in the air from the knock up. lvl 3 100% to 0 with partial defensive masteries and a doran ring.

this continued all game. snowballing out of proportion. it was sickening. couldnt go into jungle, couldnt get the altar ever. no jungle mobs, no altars. not even half our lane. top lane was the only place that feed was viable. And an irelia was there... who as wel all no, cant be cced for more than a half second.... so.

Complete disgust with that strat, there is no counterplay, there is no skill involved... blitzs grab is so fast, any player whos got a marginal amount of experience with skill shot champs can land it reliably especially in the jungle.