ARAM fans, please follow the link and vote on the poll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

12-20-2012

Hey everybody. Since there is a new ARAM forum, I made a poll for the most popular ARAM suggestions (and some that I made up).
Please follow the link and take the poll, upvote me and make a comment, okay?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2924609

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Please note that you can vote on multiple selections. You can only vote once so read carefully and double check.
This is a combination of several good ideas already in the forum. Vote on the poll, upvote this post and comment to keep this alive.

1) GAME MODE for the purpose of MATCHMAKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueThunderKatz View Post
ARAM should be a real game type not just something for fun please riot make it happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg View Post
So when's a Proving Grounds MM queue going to happen?
This is obviously the most desired change that we want! A real game mode that allows matchmaking to be done. The current game modes are "Classic" and "Dominion". This leaves the name "ARAM" severely lacking. Flipping through the Thesaurus, I've found these suggestions:
Bedlam, Brouhaha, Chaos, Hurly-Burly, Maelstrom, Mayhem, Pandemonium, Riot, Rowdydow
My favorite is "Pandemonium" but "Riot" has a nice double meaning.

2) BLIND PICK to counter QUEUE DODGING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokore View Post
I think one of the main problem with this game mode is that people leave when they do not get the champ they want or they feel the teams are unbalanced. ... Second thing that should be done is the enemy champs should be hidden. This would prevent dodging because of people thinking that the enemy team is more overpowered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightCheckmate View Post
From my experience in ARAM I have found most often people dodge not because of who they are playing as or their team comp, but rather the comparison they make between the perceived effective strength of their team to the opponents. ... I propose making the opponents champions concealed.
Queue dodging will be partly countered by the 5 minute matchmaking penalty. That said, I approve of a blind between teams for the reasons stated above. Since we have a new Game Mode, this will be the first Game Type, "Blind Random".

3) BANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
We need a new Game Type for Custom Games: Draft Pick All Random. How it works: 1st pick on both teams ban 3 Champions, like normal Draft Pick. After the 6 Bans have been placed, teams are randomly assigned a Champion they own or is Free.
Seems legit. Why stop there? I want the "Draft Random" Game Type to have the same elimination rule as Draft as well. While every player is assigned a random champion, you can't have a duplicate champion on both teams. There are poll options above for both versions of bans.

4) REROLLING but only once
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokore View Post
... instead of the lock in button there should be a reroll button, it should be available after 10 seconds for a one time reroll on your champ. The reason for the 10 seconds is to allow your team to try and trade with you before you use your one time reroll if you get a champ they want.
I agree with this but with strict limitations. There are some champions that you just know you are going to do poorly with on the Proving Grounds. Here are my limitations:
- The player will display as "Random". No one will know what the champion is until the loading screen starts.
- The player can not reroll after trading nor trade after rerolling.
This would leave a little bit of veto control while not breaking the "randomness". There are poll options above for both versions of rerolling.

Alternate Ideas for Further Bedlam

A) MAPS
Just for the lolz, lets put Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline into this new Game Mode. Placing them here will keep your results off of your other elo, I assume.

B) DUPLICATE CHAMPIONS
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
When we make a custom ARAM on Proving Grounds, could there be an option to either allow multiple people to possibly be randomed into the same champion (So it randoms you into a champion, regardless of whether or not that champion is already on your team) ...
I agree with this but with strict limitations again.
- Once a free-to-play champion is rolled by a player who doesn't own it, that Champ can not be rolled by any other player who doesn't own it.
- Skins (when applicable) will be auto-selected so that they do not match. This may result with a Classic skin selected.
I prefer these limitations so duplicate champs will be a bit more rare to see. Without these, the free-to-play champions would come up way too often. The "non-matching skins" idea is just to help cut down on confusion. Again, there are poll options above for both versions of duplicate champs.

C) TRADING BETWEEN TEAMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastProtagonist View Post
wtb Trading between both teams. It's more fun.
This is only possible in the aforementioned "Draft Random" Game Type but it doesn't sound very feasible to me. I added it for discussion.

IonDragonX

12-20-2012

GD buries stuff fast.

Calys Teneb

12-20-2012

You realize that most of this has been brought up repeatedly and the answer is, there's not resources to do it. ARAM was developed by a few Riot Employees in off hours on their own time and basically scrimmed in.

They'll get to it when they get to it.

IonDragonX

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
You realize that most of this has been brought up repeatedly and the answer is, there's not resources to do it. ARAM was developed by a few Riot Employees in off hours on their own time and basically scrimmed in.

They'll get to it when they get to it.
Of course. The poll has no time limit tho, so It would be good to document what people want and how many are willing to vote.

Zhugan

12-20-2012

voted for ya, posting to bump this so it gets attention.

IonDragonX

12-20-2012

Looks like a lot of consensus for items 1 - 3.
There's a lot more people who dislike rerolling and duplicate champs than otherwise.

IonDragonX

12-20-2012

Need more votes, please

IonDragonX

12-20-2012

Beep Boop

IonDragonX

12-20-2012

Last chance to vote before "the end of the whirled".

IonDragonX

12-22-2012

We've gotten over 50 votes! That's pretty good.

If you like ARAM, make your opinion heard!