Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boricua819

12-20-2012

This sounds very good to me

Ienjoyeatingkids

12-20-2012

Seriously? Not bad

Gage

12-20-2012

7800 for one week only people, he also said 3-4 weeks between releases so that makes up for the time you have to farm. Please try to read more the whole thing before you jump on the band wagon of tears.

lucaudead

12-20-2012

Good guy riot

Dingo1417

12-20-2012

Finally! I don't get new champs so I don't care about the 7800 and I am glad that not all champs will be 6300/4800 now :P

Calderweiss

12-20-2012

Wow people, you realize the majority of us LOVE this idea? First week high ip gets reduced you know, don't sweat. This really helps us as a community. Hippalus has always been on of my favorite reds. I cannot wait to see how this plays out.

Mavlin

12-20-2012

I love the idea of increasing the first week release prices. In the long term it doesn't affect prices of release champions if only players are a bit patient and allows people to buy after balance patches have occurred. In the short term it means less instances of "I just bought this so I'm going insta-lock and demand the lane".

FrozenXZeus

12-20-2012

For everyone that claims that 7800 is a little too much -

its only for ONE WEEK, if you really want to play the new champion wait a week, or another one because new champions usually become free to play after two to three weeks after their release
plus, with a new champion, one of the older champions gets cheaper, PERMANENTLY, gives you more choices.

ColossusCrusher

12-20-2012

It doesn't really apply that much to me since I have all the champions, but I approve of making filling out champion rosters a lot easier for new players. It's great to see that Riot's finally figured out a way to do automated price reductions. Pity I can only upvote once.

And for those of you complaining about the 7800 release price: it's only for a week. You can wait seven days to drop it to 6300 if you really want to. Think of that extra 1500 as a novelty premium - and you can always pay 975 for it in either case. Considering that the price reductions will lower the average IP cost of champions significantly, more expensive releases are the only logical way for Riot to continue to be able to monetize off champions.

EDIT: Yes, I'm an econ major, if it wasn't clear already.

MysticOblivion

12-20-2012

Wow, this seems like a good idea, patience gives rewards now..