Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazingArchAngel

12-20-2012

I'm loving you guys so much right now my wife is jealous! Seriously this company seems to be getting better every season. First the new items for the season, then the great thread that Morello participated in with the community and now this! Riot showing their Christmas spirit so much. I hope you guys know we appreciate your hard work and dedication so much.

I especially love the 7800 ip for new champ increase. People in randoms will have a better chance to play test them and it encourages people to buy with RP which mean less children playing them and a better chance to see what they can do. And the more money Riot makes the more toys us loyal players get. Thanks so much guys.

Cloner Stive

12-20-2012

I love everything about this. So awesome

As for the increased first week price, it works for me, It's a small increase and the longer cycle give people more time to get the IP needed. Besides, what's a week anyway? It makes playing the champ for the first week feel more special and makes it even more worth my while when I buy the bundle on day one

Prosecutor Godot

12-20-2012

I don't like the new 7800 price, BUT, considering all the other positive changes, it's a good thing. Hopefully it will also reduce the effect of champ testing on the first week of release.

crespuo

12-20-2012

so how do i get my money back for buying vayne?

Steam Store

12-20-2012

Guys why are you even complaining about the launch price. This is a really good way to filter the number of people playing the new champion. Hippalus you do an excellent job getting the best deals possible for customers. I know you get flamed a lot by people who don't like any change but this decision is solid and well thought out. I tip my hat to you sir and wish you a happy holiday season!

Taiyou Shin

12-20-2012

I'm really really annoyed about th refund cost from two weeks prior now i think tehy must gave all of us who wasted ip/rp on ez vayne etc our diference

mrboogy

12-20-2012

I kinda hate this idea. As much as I love the idea towards cheaper champs but I like the fact that it's a challenge.to save up to get champs. I don't like the idea that champs are getting so cheap, it's easy to get them. I really like the idea for the RP to match up with the IP but I seriously don't like how champs are getting cheap to quickly.

Nip the Zephyr

12-20-2012

Wow Riot, I'm very impressed! Honestly. You listen to your player base on things such as price concerning a game that you set the supply and demand. You held all the power, but you've come up with a fair and just system of distribution. Kudos to you.

Cynical Shady

12-20-2012

Really good idea, its got a great flow to it. But 7800 on release? really? Thats pretty expensive...

Dominus Ryuk

12-20-2012

The increase in IP for new champs is for the first week only to encourage sales of RP. Don't blame Riot for this REMEMBER the need to make money in order to stay afloat in this business.